Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick questions about "how to install Sims 3 correctly" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick questions about "how to install Sims 3 correctly" [SOLVED] Empty Quick questions about "how to install Sims 3 correctly" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jun 2012, 22:17

Hi there!

After having had some problems with my Sims 3, I decided to re-install everything & see how that would work out.
So, I'm one of these ppl who need to have everything cut out for me, especially about stuff like this to make sure I don't do anything wrong. Wink

Anyways, let's say I have installed the base game and all the others I want (everything excl. fast lane, showtime, master suite & katy perry). Then I have to apply the manual update, sí?
And from the ultimate fix, is it only the files in the #crack folder I have to use?

I have already tried doing the manual update & ultimate fix the normal way, but then I got a 'your game can't respond' message and had to close down and re-install everything once again.
I have not used any of the #crack folders in the extracted games, as written in your new install. guide.

I'm sorry to ask the noob questions, but I'd rather have everything in detail than have to use yet another evening uninstalling and re-installing ^^;

Back to top Go down

Quick questions about "how to install Sims 3 correctly" [SOLVED] Empty Re: Quick questions about "how to install Sims 3 correctly" [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 10 Jun 2012, 00:08

Hello,

That's correct, as described here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
If you still get the error afterwards - DO NOT skip any steps! - then please tell me, do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Quick questions about "how to install Sims 3 correctly" [SOLVED] Empty Re: Quick questions about "how to install Sims 3 correctly" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 00:20

I haven't done it yet, but I can safely say I only have what is in the extracted files from you.
I have removed all mods & custom content I had before, so I can start on a fresh game and hopefully not get any errors.

Thanks for the fast reply. Smile I'll start on installing them and see how it'll go.

Last edited by whitewings on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 00:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos ._.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 10 Jun 2012, 00:23

Hello,

Sounds good. Good luck and please let me know the final result and if you need any more assistance during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:14

Alright, installed and used the guides & it seems to be working fine as of now.
Hopefully it will keep doing so!

Thank you very much for your help. Smile

EDIT:
But, now that I have done it and realize I would like showtime, master suite stuff and katy perry; should I then just follow the normal install. guidelines or should I do the manual update and ultimate fix again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:27

Hello,

Glad to hear it works now!
If you want to add more expansions, just re-do from step 3: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and the game should work just fine again.

Good luck and don't hesitate to contact us if you need any more assistance! For now, topic closed. Wink Quick questions about "how to install Sims 3 correctly" [SOLVED] 3479271199
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top