Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims3pack files in download folder not showing in launcher?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3pack files in download folder not showing in launcher?[SOLVED] Empty Sims3pack files in download folder not showing in launcher?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug 2012, 14:53

I've been using custom content for many years & luckily have had no real problems. Over the years I have downloaded lots of custom content which I hardly use so I thought it was time for a clean up, unistalling all custom content.

So all custom content is uninstalled. I have now downloaded a few items placing them in my downloads folder, but when I open the launcher only a few items appear? Why won't the other items show up? Never had this problem before.

I can install the content by individually clicking on each one but it's annoying having to do it for every one

Help would be appreciated Smile

//MOVED

Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Sims3pack files in download folder not showing in launcher?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims3pack files in download folder not showing in launcher?[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 28 Aug 2012, 15:23

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims3pack files in download folder not showing in launcher?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims3pack files in download folder not showing in launcher?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 02:03

Hello Sims3pack files in download folder not showing in launcher?[SOLVED] 1577371209 ,

i have the same problem and tried to do what is explained in that topic, but if i uninstall all the sims3.package , including the worlds, won't all my salvage be deleted?
..oh uhm sorry for my bad English
Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 02:09

Before you uninstall all your sims3pack files copy the save folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves) to a safe place like the desktop. Then, when you have re-installed the sims3packs you can copy the folder back and your save games will all be there.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 02:12

Dracos66 wrote:Before you uninstall all your sims3pack files copy the save folder (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves) to a safe place like the desktop. Then, when you have re-installed the sims3packs you can copy the folder back and your save games will all be there.

Oh! Embarassed, thank you!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 29 Aug 2012, 20:18

Hello,

Please let us know the final result or if you need any kind of assistance during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:56

I followed all steps but it still isn't working correctly. If I copy 5 downloads into the downloads only 3 of them will show in the launcher?

Not sure what else to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 31 Aug 2012, 16:13

Hello,

Where did you download them from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:46

Majority are from Sunset sims or TheSimsResource

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 01 Sep 2012, 14:29

Hello,

They could be bugged. You can try to fix them with this tool.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:09

Thankyou

I have used the tool and so far it seems to be working correctly!

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:12

Hello,

That's good to hear.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)