Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slight error with patch 1.36 (maybe)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slight error with patch 1.36 (maybe) Empty Slight error with patch 1.36 (maybe)

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 15:13

Hi, first and foremost thanks for the downloads, they work great and I've had no real problems with running the game or anything. The only slight 'bug' I've found is when I'm on the launcher I get an error message pop up, it doesn't hinder the gameplay at all but I think it could be something to do with the 1.36 patch as there's some custom content I downloaded that's not showing up and on the EA site it says I need the latest update. (This was way before the 1.38 patch came out, which I also haven't updated to)

I tried to attach the screenshot of the error message, but it wouldn't let me so will copy it out at the end of the message. Just curious if there's any way to resolve this or if it's like it for all Mac's. (I installed the games on my sister's windows pc and she hasn't gotten the message so dunno if it's a patch/Mac thing).

Any way any help would be great, thanks!
Here's the message:

"You are playing a non-final, unauthorized copy of The Sims 3.
Purchasing and registering an official copy of The Sims 3 will entitle you to benefits including access to an entirely new game town called Riverview, 1000 SimPoints which can be redeemed for game objects in The Sims 3 Store, and access to The Sims 3 Exchange."

EDIT: Also the version at the bottom left says: "14.0.48.017001"

Back to top Go down

Slight error with patch 1.36 (maybe) Empty Re: Slight error with patch 1.36 (maybe)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Sep 2012, 19:08

Hello,

Do you have the mac fix? It says "not working" but that just means it doesn't support the latest patch, it's for 1.36 though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Slight error with patch 1.36 (maybe) Empty Re: Slight error with patch 1.36 (maybe)

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 19:47

I believe I tried that before and after using it the game was no longer able to run, but I'll give it a go again and see what happens

//EDIT

Actually just had a quick look and I already have applied the fix and this error comes up even though it's been applied

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Sep 2012, 20:08

Hello,

Are you sure you didn't overlook the crack?
It's weird though, you have expansions or stuffs, so why would it come up with the error you're getting?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 20:12

Yeah definitely didn't over look it, I've got a folder on my desktop with it for future expansions. I've also got all required expansions and stuff packs it needed. Unsure why the error's come up, kind of why I'm asking...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Sep 2012, 20:35

Hello,

I understand. Lets see.. you can start the game right? Do features of all your EP/SP's show up in game? You could check that in buy mode, for example, where you can filter objects by EP/SP. Are the icons of all the packs you have installed present?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 20:38

Yeah everything runs fine with it, like I said in the original post there's nothing wrong with the game except that only some custom content doesn't appear and I get that message in the launcher. Nothing else is affected

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Sep 2012, 20:43

Hello,

It could just be the content that's faulty. Some CC simply does not work.
And if all else runs fine, I'd just leave it alone before it stops working fine.
It's not store content that won't install is it? And does it simply fail to install, or does the failure come with a message of some sort?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 20:49

It's from the EA Exchange, it's just a couple of tattoos that aren't appearing. They were sims3packs and installed fine according to the launcher. I'll leave it for the time being and see if they pop up after I've installed WA. Thanks anyway for trying to help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top