Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Sims 3 Has stopped working" crashes to desktop on loadup [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 3 Has stopped working" crashes to desktop on loadup [SOLVED] Empty "The Sims 3 Has stopped working" crashes to desktop on loadup [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:09

I recently installed Showtime, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats and Supernatural, however when I loaded it up it would just crash to desktop saying The sims 3 has stopped working. It will come up with the pretty loading screen, but then just crash.
I have allowed all the exe files for every expansion pack and base game in the DEP exceptions (like I do everytime I install a new expansion), and I had no problems before installing these expansions/stuff packs.
I have tried the ultimate fix featured on here, I have uninstalled all these packs and tried loading it, I have reinstalled them again and tried it, I have updated everything via the launcher.
My laptop is not the issue as everything all worked for years before I installed these packs. Nothing I have tried has worked, even if i cant get the new packs working (which would be a bummer) I would just like any version of Sims 3 to load up!
Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by kittii13 on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 20:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : problem solved)

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 Has stopped working" crashes to desktop on loadup [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 3 Has stopped working" crashes to desktop on loadup [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:14

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 Has stopped working" crashes to desktop on loadup [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 3 Has stopped working" crashes to desktop on loadup [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:20

Thankyou for the quick reply, i have just tried your solution and it didnt work for me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:27

You can try the fixes HERE . Read through them carefully.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:33

Thanks, but I did all of those things before posting. Nothing is working for me.
One rather silly question though, I downloaded all of the newer packs, after installing them I accidently (I say me, it was actually my cat walking across the keyboard which did it) deleted a couple of the downloads (the installation files)
Could this be the issue? Even though theyre installed and in my program files? It was only the downloaded files in my "Vuze" download folder that got deleted after installation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:39

If it was only the downloads and they were "cat-napped" after you installed everything then it should not be an issue with the game itself. Try clearing your Cache files by deleting from My Documents/Electronic Art/The Sims 3 and restarting the game.

Also, if you have any mods copy them to the desktop and remove the mods folder from the same folder (My Documents/Electronic Art/The Sims 3). If it launches without the mods folder then you have a mod(s) that needs to be updated to work with the 1.38 patch.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 19:55

I did it!!! Turns out I had one of those hidden invisible files which also acted as a mod folder (possible copy of my actual mod folder but must have been from years ago as I didnt know it was there). So it wasnt a mod in my normal folder that was conflicting with it, it was one in the hidden folder which I didnt know about.
Thanks for all your help, glad it was something so easily fixable!
Now to install my newest expansions again and hope they work fine!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Sep 2012, 20:46

Hello,

That's odd!
Glad to hear it's working now! Thank you Dracos66.
We'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the final result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 20:49

Have just reinstalled everything up including Supernatural and everything is working fine now
Yeah I thought it was odd too, must have been something I created accidently or during a drunken moment!
Currently updating the mods I do use as I dont want the same thing to happen again

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 19:58

Hello,

It's always best to keep your Mods up-to-date indeed.
I'll close this topic now, please do not hesitate to let us know if you run into any more problems! "The Sims 3 Has stopped working" crashes to desktop on loadup [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top