Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2016, 07:45

Good day.
I know this topic has been posted so much, but i couldn't find the right solution, I've tried EVERYTHING from the topic you've posted on how to stop it, but it didn't work, it keeps crashing.And this is getting really boring, like I've been doing the same things because it crashes before i get the chance to save what i've done, so I just stopped playing it for now.
PLEASE, any help?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Dec 2016, 13:17

Hello,

I imagine those crashes are getting boring WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Since you've already tried everything from that topic, let's see if we can fix this on a more personal level. 
-Can you tell us about your PC's specs? 
-Were you able to play without problems before?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2016, 13:39

I have a HP probook, with Win10 OS, 64 bits, I didn't exactly understand what you meant with specs.
Yes, i was able to play it without problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 05 Dec 2016, 15:26

Ok, did you change anything at all about your game, or your PC recently?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2016, 19:01

No I just stopped playing it for a while and when I came back to playing it it started to crash.And nothing's changed in PC either.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Dec 2016, 21:56

Delecia wrote:No I just stopped playing it for a while and when I came back to playing it it started to crash.And nothing's changed in PC either.

Hello again,

For now (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Next make sure that you download all available Windows updates too...

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. Also, have you also heard about the tool "GameBooster", which can help you improve your system's performance ? Google for "Razer Cortex". The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED] Icon_smile 

Finally, check out the topic about excessive frame rendering and try applying the procedures shown there, on your own system.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2016, 12:22

I did that all, and i had razer and the 4GB patch before also.
It worked for a longer time like 1 and a half hour or 2, but then it crashed again..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2016, 13:13

As you are talking about an HP notebook, could it be possible that you have 2 graphic solutions,(switchable graphics) 1 Intel + 1 Nvidia/AMD.
In windows 10 try to start the game with a right-mouseclick and see if you have the option to use another graphic card.

Or rightclick on Start - Device manager - Graphics Adapters and see if there are 2 items.
If so, rightclick on an open space on your Desktop and look for some items like Nvidia or AMD.
Open it and add Sims 3 to the list that must always be used with that specific Graphics Card.

When you open Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3 - DeviceConfig you can see the name of the graphics device your game is currently running on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2016, 13:53

Currently, it's running on (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000), and i don't have any other options like Nvidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2016, 16:30

Open the file DeviceConfig that can be found in Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3.
You can use notepad to open it.
Scroll down to === Graphics device info ===
At Name (database):  you'll see the name of your graphics card and [Found:, Matched]
Are they both 1 or is any of these a 0 ?

If any zero, check in the same file at Chipset, Vendor (Intel = 8086) and Device.
Give me the device number and I can create a line to copy/paste in another file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 08:32

They're both 1

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Dec 2016, 11:41

Delecia wrote:Currently, it's running on (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000), and i don't have any other options like Nvidia

I'm curious about any other games you may play on that computer...if you do, are those other games working well? If so, which games are you playing? The problem is, those Intel HD 'chips' aren't meant for gaming purposes. Laptops in general are meant to be used for office purposes and slight multimedia (music, watching videos, etc.).

I know of a person who used to play The Sims 3 on such a laptop as well, and it worked OK in the beginning, but after a while things got worse...in that there were performance problems with the game. 

At that point I'm unsure what else to suggest, other than maybe playing the game on a stronger computer (if you have one available), or saving up. I'm sorry I can't give a better solution here.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 12:05

I don't play games a lot, but i got sims 4 too and it's fine, nothing wrong..
and today, I opened it again, it only worked for 2 minutes then crashed again.
PS: Today i installed into the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Dec 2016, 15:24

Hello,

It makes sense that TS4 runs better than TS3, because TS3 has much more content so far. Perhaps it is better to downsize your game, rather than adding more expansions. Each addition to your game will put more strain on your system. I would suggest uninstalling all but one of your expansions (you need one to use the crack) and try that. If it runs, you can keep adding expansions or stuffpacks until the problem starts occurring again. Then you know you've reached the maximum your laptop can handle.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 15:43

But if i don't play with the expansions that I want, what's the point of playing :\
anyway, thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2016, 16:04

Delecia wrote:But if i don't play with the expansions that I want, what's the point of playing :\
anyway, thank you
Have you ever considered to start a completely new game ?
Just rename the folder Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3 (or whatever de folder is in your language) to The Sims 3_old.
The start your game again.
When that works fine you can start moving items from the folders The Sims 3_old over to The Sims 3

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Dec 2016, 19:14

Delecia wrote:But if i don't play with the expansions that I want, what's the point of playing :\
anyway, thank you

Well, I can see what you mean, but if your game stops working all the time, there really isn't much point in playing either.
And I know how it feels, I've had to play on a computer that couldn't handle the game for years. I had some crashes from time to time, and it sure was very laggy. There are still other things to try, like Tarac's suggestion right there, but it can also be helpful to play a small neighbourhood, that doesn't have as many sims, and use other tweaks to lessen the strain on your system. I actually went as far as building a world myself, that had less than 50 lots (in total!), and it ran reasonable after that, but I had only a few expansions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Dec 2016, 22:02

Short and most honest answer: the "practical reality". I know for many people the cold/hard reality is not acceptable. But The Sims 3 is VERY demanding on hardware, so you can either choose not to play TS3 at all, or try using fewer expansions/DLC. I'm sorry we can't give a better reply, but part of that is to blame on developers, for failing to optimize the game more properly. But mostly on the management of EA for wanting "to keep the schedule and getting the games out very very VERY fast", and not letting their actual developers in the first place do their work properly.

Remember: as a wise person once said, the fish always starts stinking from the head.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2016, 12:55

Tarac wrote:
anyway, thank you
Have you ever considered to start a completely new game ?
Just rename the folder Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3 (or whatever de folder is in your language) to The Sims 3_old.
The start your game again.
When that works fine you can start moving items from the folders The Sims 3_old over to The Sims 3
Today i did , it worked fine for 1 hour then i quit, then i moved back the saves, current game, saved sims (which only had one pet) and contact patch folders and it lasted less, for like 15 minutes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Dec 2016, 10:05

Delecia wrote:Today i did , it worked fine for 1 hour then i quit, then i moved back the saves, current game and contact patch folders and it lasted less, for like 15 minutes

Google for "Sims 3 save file cleaner", and once you found the tool, install/run the thing. When you open the tool, you'll be prompted to navigate to your saves, which are under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves.

Apply the tool to your savefiles, but make sure to backup the saves before doing so. Just make a copy of the "Saves"-folder and put it someplace safe.

After you ran the savefile-cleaner, try the game again. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 14:32

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Delecia wrote:Today i did , it worked fine for 1 hour then i quit, then i moved back the saves, current game and contact patch folders and it lasted less, for like 15 minutes

Google for "Sims 3 save file cleaner", and once you found the tool, install/run the thing. When you open the tool, you'll be prompted to navigate to your saves, which are under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves.

Apply the tool to your savefiles, but make sure to backup the saves before doing so. Just make a copy of the "Saves"-folder and put it someplace safe.

After you ran the savefile-cleaner, try the game again. Smile
That didn't work, it lasted longer though, anyway, i guess i'll be playing with the new saves
Thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Dec 2016, 14:52

Delecia wrote:That didn't work, it lasted longer though, anyway, i guess i'll be playing with the new saves
Thank you Very Happy

For how much longer did it last, if I am allowed to ask? Very Happy  But yes, if there are still problems, try using a new savefile, at least for now...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 09:39

maybe like half an hour longer

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Dec 2016, 10:03

I know you will hate me saying this but really: Try to think of the expansion(s) you feel you can't do without, and ditch the rest. 
When I was on my ancient machine, I ran the game with just Seasons, Pets and Ambitions. Eventually I added Generations and that was the last it could handle. I didn't use a lot of mods either, just the ones I felt were essential. (it still lagged, but the crashing was acceptable)
If you can't run the game without it crashing all the time, and you can solve it, that will greatly enhance your experience.

Having said that, on my current machine (which is well over recommended system requirements) the game will still crash every so often. That's just the "The Sims" games, unfortunately.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 01:29

I guess it's the (pets expansion), 3 days ago, i was playing and everything was fine, it was opened for like 6-7 hours, and when i put i lot that came with that EP, it crashed. Or when i play with a household with a pet, also, the saves were in the world of that EP, i guess i didn't notice that earlier because i didn't play with it so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top