Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation of The Sims 3 + Expansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation of The Sims 3 + Expansions Empty Installation of The Sims 3 + Expansions

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:12

Hi!

I've been trying to install The Sims 3 base game and the expansions on my Mac for two days now and I can not figure how to do it! I've installed all of them on my PC before, but as you may know, the approach on installing it on Mac is quite different.

I've looked alot on the forum trying to find a guide on how to do this. I found many guides, but non of them were complete or they were not detailed enough!!

I downloaded the RELOADED base game, and I can't update it from TS3launcher. Therefore I can't install The Sims 3 Pets because I get this error: The Sims 3 can't be updated and that it is not compitable with The Sims 3 Pets.

So, does anyone know a guide, or does anyone know how to install The Sims 3 base game + the expansions properly on Mac?

Thanks in advanced! Help

Sorry if this question has been asked before!

Back to top Go down

Installation of The Sims 3 + Expansions Empty Re: Installation of The Sims 3 + Expansions

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:33

the best thing to do or try is to do manual update find the update on a website and do it that way or makes sure your base game is for mac and that your other EPs are for mac because u can get that prob if they not

Back to top Go down

Installation of The Sims 3 + Expansions Empty Re: Installation of The Sims 3 + Expansions

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:46

Well, my base game is for Mac, and the expansions i downloaded from G4TW is supposed to work on Mac aswell.. I can't find any manual updates. The only one I've found is this, but I think it's only for PC: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v138-fix-manual-patch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:58

get the flt copy or the reloaded copy they be for mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 14:00

i know the flt 1 is for mac and it works

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 14:31

I think I've found a solution! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 14:45

good hope it works for u

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 21:15

Hello,

The Mac manual patch topic is updated for 1.38 now: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v138-fix-manual-patch-updated

Sorry for the delay!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:48

Hello,

I've got it to work! The base game + all the expansions on the Mac!! Very Happy

It's acutally very easy, but since there is no guide or thread explaining how to do it, I spent 2 days trying to make it work! Maybe I can contribute with some info if you wean't to make a guide for Mac? Smile

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 14:36

Robin656 wrote:Hello,

I've got it to work! The base game + all the expansions on the Mac!! Very Happy

It's acutally very easy, but since there is no guide or thread explaining how to do it, I spent 2 days trying to make it work! Maybe I can contribute with some info if you wean't to make a guide for Mac? Smile

Thanks!
Hello,

Yes, that'd be great! We're looking for some people who can actually help us create such guide.
We already have a guide, but it's kind of out-dated and I can't update it, because I do not own a Mac.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 21:06

Please make a guide for how to install on Mac. I think i have all the files needed to install the game, i need to know how. I purchased the base game so i just need to know how to install the expansions. The expansion downloads on the site will work for Mac as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 21:11

Jrd555 wrote:Please make a guide for how to install on Mac. I think i have all the files needed to install the game, i need to know how. I purchased the base game so i just need to know how to install the expansions. The expansion downloads on the site will work for Mac as well?

Yes they will. I don't really know how to make a tutorial for G4TW, that's something that I can't do alone. Maybe, if I have time, I'll post the steps for installing everything on this thread tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 21:15

Alright, ill just try to use the guide already on here. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 22:21

Robin656 wrote:
Jrd555 wrote:Please make a guide for how to install on Mac. I think i have all the files needed to install the game, i need to know how. I purchased the base game so i just need to know how to install the expansions. The expansion downloads on the site will work for Mac as well?

Yes they will. I don't really know how to make a tutorial for G4TW, that's something that I can't do alone. Maybe, if I have time, I'll post the steps for installing everything on this thread tomorrow.
Hello,

Might want to send me a PM too, with the information.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 22:44

Admin wrote:
Robin656 wrote:

Hello,

Might want to send me a PM too, with the information.

I will indeed, Admin. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 23:15

I figured it out btw Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 18:12

Hello,

I'll keep this topic open then, please let us know if you want to add anything.
Enjoy the game in the meantime! Installation of The Sims 3 + Expansions 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2012, 01:04

Hi, I'm downloading the 1.38 patch and it would be really helpful to have a guide on how to make it work and a guide to install expansions after the update is done Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2012, 01:23

I can see if I can post the instructions HERE tomorrow. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top