Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get to create a new household.[SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't get to create a new household.[SOLVED] Empty Can't get to create a new household.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 03:58

I followed all the instructions for downloading the game and its expansion packs. I currently have the newest update and am using the ultimate fix. I also downloaded all the shop updates as well.

When I click on create a new household (just started playing game, so I don't have any Sims yet), it just sits on the loading screen of create a new household and doesn't go anywhere.

I've tried the gamebooster but it still just sits there.

HELP PLEASE

Back to top Go down

Can't get to create a new household.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't get to create a new household.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 08:27

can you please rename The Sims 3 folder in documents> electronic arts? and then open the game launcher, it will crate new folder. This fixes many problems. Oh and if you have mods installed remove them. I hope this helped!

Back to top Go down

Can't get to create a new household.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't get to create a new household.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:33

Hello,

You may try that What he said. .
Though I was simply going to ask if you added any mods/cc while you were installing everything.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 16:08

No I have no mods on the game. I had saw that on the game lag post and I don't really know what mods are, but I looked for that folder and there wasn't one ha

I will try renaming the doc folder though and see if that helps!

THANKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Sep 2012, 16:15

Hello,

Please let us know, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 16:17

cagil99 wrote:can you please rename The Sims 3 folder in documents> electronic arts? and then open the game launcher, it will crate new folder. This fixes many problems. Oh and if you have mods installed remove them. I hope this helped!

I tried this and it didn't work Sad I'm still stuck on the loading screen for create a new household. At first when I loaded the game, I saw that the extra towns that I downloaded didn't appear so I was hoping that all the stuff I downloaded that was from the store was creating the lag, but sadly it wasn't Sad

//EDIT

The only expansion packs I downloaded were generations and pets as well
as all the stuff packs. I was wondering if this is the issue?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 01:57

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please let us know, good luck!

Well, since my last post, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled just the base game. Updated the game with the manual patch and used the ultimate fix crack and it still just sits on the loading screen for create a new household. -_-

Getting frustrated now. Please help

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 12 Sep 2012, 06:29

Well you need more than just the base game to be able to play using the fix, anyways. Follow all the instructions here, and make sure not to skip anything.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 01:35

invalidusername wrote:Well you need more than just the base game to be able to play using the fix, anyways. Follow all the instructions here, and make sure not to skip anything.

I doubt that because the game loaded and was fine until I go to create a new household. As I've said before. I followed all the instructions already and it still didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 13 Sep 2012, 02:19

The crack from the fix doesn't work properly if you don't have one of the listed expansions/stuff packs.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 04:08

invalidusername wrote:The crack from the fix doesn't work properly if you don't have one of the listed expansions/stuff packs.

I had everything downloaded that was required of the fix. I read the instructions. I followed them to the t the first time. Still doesn't get past the loading screen for create a new household.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 13 Sep 2012, 16:56

Hello,

Which expansions do you have installed at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 01:32

Which expansions do you have installed at the moment?

I have Pets and Generations as well as all the stuff packs. I also have the store updates from your piratebay account and downloaded all of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:04

Hello,

A random thought: Do you have the in game store enabled? If you do, please disable it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 23:46

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

A random thought: Do you have the in game store enabled? If you do, please disable it.

How?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 14 Sep 2012, 23:58

Hello,

Go to "Options" in-game and then to the, I think it was, "Gameplay" tab, something like that. Look for an option that says "Enable store". Uncheck it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 01:38

Go to "Options" in-game and then to the, I think it was, "Gameplay" tab, something like that. Look for an option that says "Enable store". Uncheck it.

When I go to click on Options, nothing pops up. But if I click on Lessons, the window for that pops up

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:08

Hello,

Try starting the CAS and then reach the options.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 01:59

Try starting the CAS and then reach the options.

What is the CAS?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 17 Sep 2012, 02:18

Create A Sim
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 02:25

OP wouldn't be able to reach the options in CAS, since his problem is that CAS won't load.

Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and open Options.ini in notepad, and change enableingamestore = 1 to enableingamestore = 0.

Try that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 03:16

t2sink wrote:Create A Sim

Thanks!

*I assume this is the same as create a household? Therefore, I can't get passed the loading screen for this, let alone change options. Even when I'm in a town and waiting to choose create a household or to just play with another family, I can't get the options screen to come up. Lessons does though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 03:18

LChea007 wrote: I assume this is the same as create a household? Therefore, I can't get passed the loading screen for this, let alone change options. Even when I'm in a town and waiting to choose create a household or to just play with another family, I can't get the options screen to come up. Lessons does though.

Yes, CAS and CAH are the same thing. Like I said in my above post, you can edit the options in your documents folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 03:32

DeeDee47 wrote:OP wouldn't be able to reach the options in CAS, since his problem is that CAS won't load.

Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and open Options.ini in notepad, and change enableingamestore = 1 to enableingamestore = 0.

Try that!

Thanks for the tip! But seeing as my game is currently sitting on the CAS loading screen for the past two minutes, I don't think it worked :/

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:47

You can also change the options on the main menu, before you even go into any town at all. I would try re-adjusting them from there.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top