Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunlit Tides Problem (all items are still missing) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunlit Tides Problem (all items are still missing) [SOLVED] Empty Sunlit Tides Problem (all items are still missing) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 02:51

Hello! I registered here just because I really really don't know how to solve this problem:

I downloaded Sunlit Tides world (don't remember the page)
and started install it normally.
Then I update to 1.38 for install Supernatural.
So after intall it, I opened my saved game of Sunlit Tides and all the items of the island (including communitary sites, work buildings, and items the world brings) are replaced with basic items. All the places of work were changed to normal public sites, and the work doesnt exist anymore. The name of the sims of the island are now like "C:\User\my documents\electronic arts\(name of sim)"

I unistalled the world an reinstalled it.. but nothing happens.
I read on another topic some problem with this world saying that I have to place the items manually, I dont know neither how to do that.

I realize when I turn off my internet conection and play Sims, Sunlit Tides works perfectly while I'm offline. The problem comes just when I'm online.

Please help me! Sunlit Tides Problem (all items are still missing) [SOLVED] 2830496658

Last edited by Admin on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 16:03; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : updating data)

Back to top Go down

Sunlit Tides Problem (all items are still missing) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sunlit Tides Problem (all items are still missing) [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Thu 20 Sep 2012, 03:21

Try this download from G4TW's MediaFire account: http://www.mediafire.com/?7b99vmvij6q2ea7

Or wait, might have to remove the save data for Sunlit Tides, so it wipes out the old data, allow new data to be put onto it.

But wait till someone else with some more experience replies, since I don't know if what I think might even work.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sunlit Tides Problem (all items are still missing) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sunlit Tides Problem (all items are still missing) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 03:28

I already remove the saved game before unistall the world Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 20 Sep 2012, 03:51

In my Base Game cache folder there is like a GB file named Sunset Valley.objectCache, but I feel if you move it to another folder, and re-create the neighbourhood, you might still have the family and such, but lose all the items and similar, Unless you put everything you want to keep in the family's inventory prior, and while you can re-create the neighbourhood. So the reason I want someone with more experience in game-play to think it's a viable solution/fix for the problem.

*Warning* I have no idea if the following will cause issues or not, or even it's a possible fix for your problem.
But if you want to try it, probably just jam everything into you Family Inventory that you want to keep, save, quit, search for Sunlit Tides.objectcache, and move it to a different folder, either up, or make in that folder, and put it there. Then just unistall the neighbourhood/re-install to be on the safe side, and restart The Sims 3, and re-make the neighbourhood, and if that works, you'll just need to re-add stuff, but at least you'll have the city back to how it was originally.

Last edited by t2sink on Thu 20 Sep 2012, 03:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change gig to GB.)
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2012, 02:19

I tried that, it didn't work No

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 21 Sep 2012, 07:41

Then, I don't know, will need someone with some more experience to assist.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 22 Sep 2012, 22:57

Hello,

No, this is probably normal, it happens with some buildings too.
Because of the decrapifying-process - needed to "unlock" the file to work with a cracked game - some objects "break" and get replaced by normal items.
Not much you can do about it, other than putting back all the objects manually, I'm afraid.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2012, 22:07

I dont use cracks, I use mini images Wink

So how can I put the objects manually?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 23 Sep 2012, 22:30

Hello,

I like to call it a "cracked" game anyway.
Anyhow, you can put the objects back manually via Build mode. Just replace the standard (or removed) items with the new items you think should be there.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top