Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlackBox torrent and Ultimate Fix compatability question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BlackBox torrent and Ultimate Fix compatability question. Empty BlackBox torrent and Ultimate Fix compatability question.

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 12:26

Hello. I have searched the forums regarding whether or not the Ultimate Fix works with torrents of the Sims 3 outside of *games4theworld*'s, but haven't come across a thread in talks of its compatability with BlackBox specifically, so have decided to post asking myself. I am not certain what exactly I should post to help you understand whether or not the Fix is compatable with the BlackBox torrent in question, but I'll try my best to be as informative as I can:

Details on ("Sims 3 Complete") BlackBox torrent:

• Torrent details: base game, DLC and every expansion besides Supernatural included in one download, by default stored in Program Files x86 > BlackBox > The Sims 3 Complete Edition
  • Extracted torrent, mounted, installed to virtual drive H:/ or (H:)
  • I have an Electronic Arts folder and a BlackBox folder in Program Files x86. The Ultimate Fix guide tells me to go in to the Electronic Arts folder and place the Ultimate Fix cracks (for example: The_Sims_3_Fix.rar > Ambitions > crack) into the right folders (Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Ambitions > Game > .bin)*, but because my game/expansion/DLC folders are located in the BlackBox main folder, I am unsure of how to apply the tutorial.
*I got this from watching the video tutorial on how to install the Ultimate Fix. I read in the instructions of which came with the Ultimate Fix to do the same, also. But somewhere in these forums I read to put the base game and expansion cracks into the base game .bin folder, and none of the expansion folders. Could I get some clarification, please? I'm awfully sorry if this has been addressed already but it'd be appreciated to have it addressed her, in context to my problem.

Note: Earlier today, I had the above BlackBox torrent/all content of which came with it downloaded and installed. The launcher ran perfectly until I downloaded the Ultimate Fix from somewhere I can't recall -- not this website. It was identical to the one shown on the tutiorial video on how to install the Ultimate Fix. Doing the fourth bulletpoint, i.e. placing each crack into the correct BlackBox .bin, (also: I installed Supernatural as a separate torrent to both *games4theworld*'s and this BlackBox's uploader's; it asked me to update my game in order to proceed, which I believe is what may be the problem as I did then update it), launched the base game from the original but now cracked folder, and it came up as saying: "Error during startup. Please see log." I did as the FAQ said to no avail, and also tried to start the game without the launcher, which gave me an error code.

Thank you very much for reading and for all your hard work. It's great to see your torrents are so superb, as well as support, as well as the Ultimate Fix. It's refreshing to see an uploader be so cool, patient and kind. I can supply more details if needed.

Back to top Go down

BlackBox torrent and Ultimate Fix compatability question. Empty Re: BlackBox torrent and Ultimate Fix compatability question.

Post by Admin Sun 30 Sep 2012, 12:33

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forum!
Bad news, the Ultimate Fix nor our The Sims 3 downloads are compatible with the BlackBox edition. The problem with the BlackBox editions is that these are modified in such a way, that it'll take hours to "fix". Eventually the easiest fix is to remove the BlackBox edition completely from your PC and then download and install a non-modified version of the game. (For example the Games4theworld versions)
The ease for you and us is 100% worth it. And if you download from Games4theworld, we can provide even better support, since we're familiar with the files.

But eventually it's your call, we can try to fix it via TeamViewer too, which will take a lot of time and it's not sure whether it's going to work at all.

If you wish to remove the BlackBox edition, please use Your Uninstaller! Pro, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . Choose "Extreme" on Your Uninstaller! Pro, in order to remove all leftover files, including registry strings. (If you don't remove those correctly, they will cause problems later)

After uninstallation, restart your PC and then run a CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com ) normal and registry scan to clean up your PC and the registry from any leftover files.

Please let us know if you need any kind of assistance!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

BlackBox torrent and Ultimate Fix compatability question. Empty Re: BlackBox torrent and Ultimate Fix compatability question.

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 13:02

Thank you for the quick response, it's appreciated. I see. I had a hunch of the lack of compatability between the two, which is why I downloaded your torrents. I will follow your instructions for removing and cleaning up remains of BlackBox and then install.

Should I not download your Supernatural torrent until the Ultimate Fix has been updated to work for it (version 1.39)?

Do I have to have installed the base game (and at least one of the mentioned neccesary expansions) and launched it/made a save before installing the version of the Ultimate Fix I currently have (which I think is the latest as of yet)?

Do you take down any download of the Ultimate Fix from the official thread when updating it or do the mirrors act as valid downloads of it whilst it is "not working"? Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 30 Sep 2012, 14:05

zebraskeletal wrote:Thank you for the quick response, it's appreciated. I see. I had a hunch of the lack of compatability between the two, which is why I downloaded your torrents. I will follow your instructions for removing and cleaning up remains of BlackBox and then install.

Should I not download your Supernatural torrent until the Ultimate Fix has been updated to work for it (version 1.39)?

Do I have to have installed the base game (and at least one of the mentioned neccesary expansions) and launched it/made a save before installing the version of the Ultimate Fix I currently have (which I think is the latest as of yet)?

Do you take down any download of the Ultimate Fix from the official thread when updating it or do the mirrors act as valid downloads of it whilst it is "not working"? Thanks again!
Hello,

That's good!
You can install Supernatural now and let it update your game to 1.38 and then use the included crack. Your game should work fine then. Just do not update to 1.39 yet!
No, you do not need to run the game once before being able to apply the Fix. The Fix can be applied at any time, as long as you follow the instructions carefully.

Yes, we upload the links all the time: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems ! Try not to use the mirrors by default, please!
So always download the latest version from that page only!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 14:15

You can install Supernatural now and let it update your game to 1.38 and then use the included crack. Your game should work fine then. Just do not update to 1.39 yet!

Okay! Thanks. Is update 1.39 automatic? I downloaded Supernatural and got a message saying I had to update my game version before I could install it.

Yes, we upload the links all the time: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems ! Try not to use the mirrors by default, please!

So always download the latest version from that page only!

Noted! I downloaded mine from your website's download page, because the thread's update says *not working* and when I downloaded it anyway it didn't work. Thank you, anyhow.

Edit: I've tried for the last two hours to install Sims 3 but it's not happening. I did as the Installation Guide of which came with the Sims 3 torrent said but when I tried to browse, during installation, for my mount SIMS3 (startdisk/gamedisk), it loaded/came up as just H:/. The installer errored saying the pathway was invalid. I used the other, and of course it didn't work. I'm wondering if anybody would be able to TeamViewer me and check out what the problem is/install the base game and expansions correctly, or elaborate here what I might be doing to cause this. I have winrar and PowerISO. Thank you for reading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 30 Sep 2012, 22:05

Hello,

No, we recommend using the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v139-fix-manual-patch-updated

First, Mount both images. When the installation asks for Disk 1, click 'Browse' and select óne of the two Mounted Images. If you get an error, just click the other image you Mounted. When the Installation asks for Disk 2, do the same. The installation should go on now.
If you still don't understand the above, please watch our Installation Video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm1i-P4I7bc
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 00:00

Thank you about a billion times. That video was what I wanted. Followed it and all works well now. Sorry for so many questions, I'm a bit of a double-check-it noob.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Oct 2012, 16:37

Hello,

You're welcome!
No problem, we're here to help after all.

Anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 20:48

I was wondering if it is right to follow this step of the tutorial, as included with the base game's expansion World Adventure's torrent:

"7. When you applied all the Updates, open The Sims 3 Launcher. You'll be prompted to Download the EA Download Manager if you haven't already Installed it. So, if you don't have it, Install it. When you've Installed the EA Download Manager, click on 'Refresh' on the Game Updates -tab. A pop-up will appear, telling you that there's an Update for you Game. Click 'OK' to Download and Install the Update."

I opened The Sims 3 Launcher and already had the download manager, now called Origin, installed. The game update came up straight away but is 1.39, the latest one. I downloaded it simply for following the tutorial, since I know I really should download updates only from The Ultimate Fix thread, and am about to do the last few steps. Is this alright? Will my other downloaded expansions still work after I install them, or have I messed up the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Oct 2012, 22:01

Hello,

Origin is not mandatory, but you don't need it anyway. So it doesn't matter whether you have it installed or not.

As for the 1.39, just install everything you want and then do step 3 and 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
That should give your game the finishing touch and make it work.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2012, 02:42

I just want to add something. I have the blackbox version of this and after many hours of googling I can confirm that it does indeed work with the ultimate fix here and I was able to install diesel stuff and supernatural and the most recent update ofc. The registery and locations of installs is what causes the problems but it is infact possible to get it to work. But for people that dont want to spend hours like i did i would recommend getting the versions from here. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 02 Oct 2012, 18:20

vegitay2k wrote:I just want to add something. I have the blackbox version of this and after many hours of googling I can confirm that it does indeed work with the ultimate fix here and I was able to install diesel stuff and supernatural and the most recent update ofc. The registery and locations of installs is what causes the problems but it is infact possible to get it to work. But for people that dont want to spend hours like i did i would recommend getting the versions from here. Smile
Hello,

Of course, it is possible, I never said it isn't.
It's just so time consuming that it's almost impossible to explain in plain text here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:08

The Sims 3 torrents seem to be taking days to download. I woke up to see they were each as completed as they were yesterday. Is this to do perhaps with The Pirate Bay's being down, thus lost seeders? Or is it my problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:13

Hello,

The pirate bay isn't down, just take your pick from all of the proxies here Wink
Make sure your ports are forwarded properly though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 12:25

Ha, sly. Thank you for the link. My ports aren't forwarding properly, I've just found. Appreciated tip and going to try sort it out now.

Edit: My ISP blocks the main TPB page and all of its proxies besides the one currently down. Clicking on any proxy TPB page, a page will come up blank telling me my ISP could not locate the address. I'm going to buy a VPN of which doesn't keep logs and set up a private DNS. Hopefully my ports shall open after I have; I am not sure but believe my ISP is at fault for my slow downloads. As soon as they changed a certain aspect of their service, torrents for me have been turtles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Oct 2012, 18:47

Hello,

Or, for visiting The Pirate Bay, use the free VPN: www.tunnelbear.com .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Oct 2012, 20:43

Edit: No worries, got the virus under control. Ha, I gotta be more careful!

Edit: How does one stay anonymous on torrent downloaders such as Tixati? Are there any reliable IP proxy list websites? I ask in relation to this thread for the sake of privacy downloading, of course. Thank you all for your replies so far. Have been extremely helpful, really appreciate it. Also, do standard VPNs work with torrent downloading, or does hiding one's identity in such a way disallow torrent downloading?

Edit: Downloaded Ambitions, followed all instructions, booted up launcher, not letting me download its update. Know why? /downloading TUF instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 04 Oct 2012, 20:02

zebraskeletal wrote:Edit: No worries, got the virus under control. Ha, I gotta be more careful!

Edit: How does one stay anonymous on torrent downloaders such as Tixati? Are there any reliable IP proxy list websites? I ask in relation to this thread for the sake of privacy downloading, of course. Thank you all for your replies so far. Have been extremely helpful, really appreciate it. Also, do standard VPNs work with torrent downloading, or does hiding one's identity in such a way disallow torrent downloading?

Edit: Downloaded Ambitions, followed all instructions, booted up launcher, not letting me download its update. Know why? /downloading TUF instead.
Hello there,

I would not recommend proxies for torrents or anything else.
The most reliably option will still be a VPN service. No, not all VPN services cover Bittorrent traffic by default. You have to check it on their website or something, just to be 100% sure.
Don't forget to follow all these step at all time: www.games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Note that manual patch in step 2.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 17:56

Thank you for the reply. Seriously, you're awesome and I appreciate this forum a lot, as I'm sure many do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 05 Oct 2012, 20:38

Hello,

Thank you, you're always welcome at Games4theworld's!
Anything else we can help you with at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 23:56

Edit: Fixed it. One question, though: why is it that some installations of expansions don't ask for a registration code, when the installation tutorial states they should? I simply uninstall then reinstall when this happens to me, but am still curious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:57

Hello,

I'm not sure about that one, but I think the BlackBox might have left some "registration code" strings in the Registry.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top