Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supernatural Issues (Trying to fix but stuck).[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supernatural Issues (Trying to fix but stuck).[SOLVED] Empty Supernatural Issues (Trying to fix but stuck).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 16:02

Ok, as you have seen before. I have made threads about the slight lag time when I installed/play Sims 3 supernatural. Every other exspansion (That I have tried) works fine. I tried all the suggestions you guys put out and nothing worked, so I gave up and uninstalled that exspansion and everything went back to normal.

I found a thread this morning with a user that has had similar problems and I found the site "Mod the sims"
I found the Moonlight falls town fix, but I am stuck in the middle of the process.

I have back of the world, backed up my saved files, downloaded the fixed town files.
But I'm not sure what to do next.

Honestly, I'm just stuck at step 3, I am not familiar with these type of file edits and such.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:World_Routing_Lags/Editwiths3pe

Back to top Go down

Supernatural Issues (Trying to fix but stuck).[SOLVED] Empty Re: Supernatural Issues (Trying to fix but stuck).[SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:00

Following the steps using S3PE (Step 3) allows the files to be merged into the appropriate world file. Its fairly straight forward as you are just selecting the extracted files and saving them as a single file, no editing. Think of it like adding files to an archive and then zipping/RARing it. Once your done there should be a single new Moonlight Falls.world file, copy that file to your Installed Worlds folder.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Supernatural Issues (Trying to fix but stuck).[SOLVED] Empty Re: Supernatural Issues (Trying to fix but stuck).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:49

Ok. that makes more sense. Can you tell me how? I think that's the major part im missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 19:17

I've found that the reset all sims cheat works for me (Resetsim *) when I get lag - I haven't had to download the routing fix. Something to keep in mind if you're having issues with the fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 00:08

I'll try that. Thank you.

EDIT:
So, Without doing anything other then what I said above.
(Backing up stuff)
It seems to be working. I have no clue why. I played for maybe thirty minutes and no time pauses.
Shine any light on this guys? I'm afraid to do anything else XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 01:08

chrisshane09 wrote:I'll try that. Thank you.

EDIT:
So, Without doing anything other then what I said above.
(Backing up stuff)
It seems to be working. I have no clue why. I played for maybe thirty minutes and no time pauses.
Shine any light on this guys? I'm afraid to do anything else XD

It could be that the lag was caused by the game rebuilding the cache files. Any time you add new files (patches, items, EPs, SPs, etc.) the game rebuilds the cache files so that the next time you open your save game(s) it loads and runs faster. If the lag crops up again give us a holler and we'll be glad to help out.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 01:10

hmm, ok. thank you for your time guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 01 Oct 2012, 10:08

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top