Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Seasons Festival problems. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Seasons Festival problems. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Seasons Festival problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 23:20

I got Seasons and everything installed fine, but the festival grounds for Twinbrook won't work. It lets me place it, but none of the items/stands/whatever are showing up. It's just a normal town center. Anyone know?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons Festival problems. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons Festival problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 02:01

Hello,
Are you sure you are there at the right time? The festivals are only open 8AM-9PM. The parks are just parks when it's not the festival time.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Seasons Festival problems. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Seasons Festival problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 02:41

Yes, I had them try to go to the festival grounds at around 1 pm and the park was how it always is, no stands in sight. I've attempted to place the festival grounds, bulldoze them again place them again multiple times and nothing has changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 04:13

Hello,
Okay..hmm. Is that a new or saved game? Also, have you tried changing seasons? That may trigger it to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 19:44

Hi,
You have to wait the right time and the right season, if not it's just a parc like others.
just be patient... lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 19:50

I had the same issue, but I bulldozed the park and placed one that said "Festival Grounds." It worked after I did that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Nov 2012, 22:08

Hello,

Just to be sure, try the updated Store Fixes from our official MediaFire account too: http://www.mediafire.com/?8hvd25izaiea4
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 00:26

I'm having a similar problem. I'm used an old save of Apaloosa, but I manually placed the Lexington Festival Grounds and all seemed good. I got the announcement that the summer festival had started, so I sent my sims there at noon. Nothing - it's just a normal lot. It shows the festival icon, but there are no festival-specific lots. When I edit the lot and turn on buydebug to access the season construction mode, it doesn't show any festival booths or items as being placed.

Any idea what's going on?

P.S. I have the latest store fix, it hasn't helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 00:56

Make sure at first you chose festival grounds instead of the plain park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 12:25

hi, long time lurker on here, always find my answer, love this site. so gona post more.

Anyway, i'm having this problem. I click to buy food from the stalls and it just shows the white menu but nothing is available or showing.

Another little problem is that since seasons everyone seems to walk monkey like :O

I do have the latest store undates and fixes and done the ultimate fix.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Nov 2012, 21:28

Hello,

More people seem to have this problem, we're looking into it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 06:53

I've installed The Sims 3 Seasons and so far, everything has been working beautifully. Only one small problem cropped up. Whenever my Sims or other Sims in town (even the food seller or employees on that Grounds) enter the Festival area, they are forced to go home. All the relevant-to-seasons stuffs show up but now they are useless as sims can neither enter nor use them. Could you help me out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 07:39

Fenrir wrote:hi, long time lurker on here, always find my answer, love this site. so gona post more.

Anyway, i'm having this problem. I click to buy food from the stalls and it just shows the white menu but nothing is available or showing.

Another little problem is that since seasons everyone seems to walk monkey like :O

Cheers.

I had that same problem. To fix it I deleted my old store fixes, deleted all my cache files and installed the new store fixes Admin recently uploaded. It worked fine after that.

You also might need to delete everything in your DCBackup folder except the ccmerged.package file

Last edited by Kalisa424 on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 07:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought of something else...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 09:31

Kalisa424 wrote:
Fenrir wrote:hi, long time lurker on here, always find my answer, love this site. so gona post more.

Cheers.

I had that same problem. To fix it I deleted my old store fixes, deleted all my cache files and installed the new store fixes Admin recently uploaded. It worked fine after that.

You also might need to delete everything in your DCBackup folder except the ccmerged.package file

hi thanks for the reply.
i've tried that now but still cannot get it to work, i may try redownloading all the store items because mine come from several sources, buti never had any isssue with them before and its a huge download considering my dodgy unreliable internet.

Cheers though for the help will keep trying and letting you know how it goes.

Are people still getting this problem?

Thanks Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:47

Hello,

I sincerely doubt that any of this has to do with either the store updates, or the store fixes. Due to the simple fact that I have all of the store updates and the most recent store fixes and I had no problem at all using the festival grounds during a festival. There was no one there because it rained but oh well, who can blame them.

A few pointers:
-Make sure the lot your festival grounds is on is the appropriate lot type
-Try to bulldoze and replace the lot
-Try a new save, the problem may simply be limited to existing towns and as such, will have to be fixed by EA
-Try it without mods/cc. Better yet, try it with a fresh The Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic arts (don't forget to backup the old one before trying this). This method eliminates bad caches as well as bad mods/cc.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 08:19

All of the sudden I had the same problem. Here is what seems to have worked for me. Right now I'm still in Moonlight Falls, So I deleted the festival park. They change it to no visitors when you do that. So, I made sure to change the venue back to Festival Grounds. Then I placed the Festival Grounds back in for that town and it's back to normal. Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:28

Hello,

I updated the Store Fixes a few minutes ago, please RE-DOWNLOAD and try again: http://www.mediafire.com/?8hvd25izaiea4
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014, 20:31

Hi all.
After a similar thing happened to me, I realized my problem and I hope it can solve yours too.
Okay,firstly:
-Make sure you have the latest Store patch
-Try to bulldoze,the change lot type to 'Festival Grounds' and then put the Festival Grounds Park lot on it
-Last,but not least..
The festival WON'T START RIGHT AWAY.It may take a few days into the seasons for the festival to start. Mine usually starts around the 2nd/3rd day of the season(depends how long your seasons lasts).Keep that in mind!
Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Jul 2014, 21:37

ayra_21 wrote:Hi all.
After a similar thing happened to me, I realized my problem and I hope it can solve yours too.
Okay,firstly:
-Make sure you have the latest Store patch
-Try to bulldoze,the change lot type to 'Festival Grounds' and then put the Festival Grounds Park lot on it
-Last,but not least..
The festival WON'T START RIGHT AWAY.It may take a few days into the seasons for the festival to start. Mine usually starts around the 2nd/3rd day of the season(depends how long your seasons lasts).Keep that in mind!
Good luck!

Hello,

That's an old thread, but thanks for sharing that fix anyway ! Smile  I'm sure it can help other people, having the same issue.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 23:28

Carlos wrote:
Hello,

That's an old thread, but thanks for sharing that fix anyway ! Smile  I'm sure it can help other people, having the same issue.

Ooops, I didn't notice that. Found it looking u my problem as well. Well, hope it helps someone!

Mod edit: OK, I guess I can close this topic now. Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top