Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Sims 3 Seasons Glitch.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strange Sims 3 Seasons  Glitch.[SOLVED] Empty Strange Sims 3 Seasons Glitch.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 06:30

Ok, so my problem is a little weird.

I have all of the expansions installed and I just installed Seasons to the EXACT specifications. I was able to update no problem, and I did the Ultimate Fix when I was done installing the new expansion.

The game launches beautifully, no problems until I get into the game. Everything plays fine except that certain buttons - mostly ones that have to do with Seasons are showing up blank - no text. When I started up my neighborhood, I was asked if I wanted to place the Festival Grounds. When I was in the Edit Town mode placing the grounds, the usual Yes, No and Cancel Edit Town options were all just blank buttons with no text. Certain interactions just appear as an interaction icon with no text. Notifications appear with no text - even the tutorials show only the Seasons expansion icon with no text next to each individual option. The Seasons tab in the options menu shows only the little icons next tot he buttons and sliders. No text. Help

//EDIT

It appears that there are more graphical issues as I play with this more. I decided to just find out what some of the blank interactions are just through clicking on them. I clicked what appears to be the Water Balloon Fight option, but the balloon only appears in the hand of the person throwing it. My Sim just throws an invisible balloon that impacts another Sim and it remains invisible the whole time.

Other options continue to pop up that appear to only be Seasons-related. I will get wishes that appear that will just say "Buy a" with a blank spot next to it.

//EDIT

Definitely at my wit's end here. I really don't want to have to uninstall everything. I am open to ANY suggestions.

//EDIT

Also, just noticed that the glitch does not seem to affect items in Build/Buy mode. It only seems to affect during game-play options. Another glitch I noticed is that when I hover over the little sun icon next to my Sim's face, it looks as if a small dialogue box opens, but it just creeps up the screen as long as I hover over the sun icon. confused

Mod edit: Please use the "Edit" function rather than replying to yourself, thank you.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Strange Sims 3 Seasons  Glitch.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Strange Sims 3 Seasons Glitch.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Nov 2012, 09:58

Hello,

Please start by redoing steps 2-4 here.
If that doesn't work, please backup and remove the The Sims 3 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts and see if it makes any difference.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Strange Sims 3 Seasons  Glitch.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Strange Sims 3 Seasons Glitch.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:02

Thanks for the reply - sorry for the multiple replies Noob lol

I will give this a shot and let you know what I end up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:06

Hello,

Please do, and good luck.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:48

Ok, so I followed all the steps and still nothing. Any other advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:51

Hello,

You also tried removing the The Sims 3 folder?
You may have to uninstall and reinstall Seasons. There's no need to uninstall anything else at this point.
Don't forget to restart the pc after uninstalling.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:53

I tried removing the Sims 3 folder...didn't change anything. I did uninstall Seasons, but I didn't restart my PC afterwards. I guess I will give that another shot.

Do I need to apply the Ultimate Fix again after re-installing Seasons?

//EDIT

Well never mind. I tried both. Looks like I am probably uninstalling
everything and starting fresh...unless any has any more ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:23

Hello,

Try uninstalling only the base game (or EVERYTHING, if you want to be on the safe side) using Your Uninstaller! Pro from www.games4theworld.org .

After that, restart your PC and then reinstalling following these instructions VERY carefully: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck and please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 13:23

Thanks, Admin. You basically read my mind. I did end up uninstalling literally everything and started over from scratch. Just finished a couple hours ago and everything is running fine. That was my last resort, but it seems to have sorted it out.

Thanks again Admin and Lady ElDi!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Nov 2012, 13:01

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top