Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skating rink issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skating rink issue Empty Skating rink issue

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 15:54

I am having an issue with the skating rink.. everything else works fine but my sims cant spin on the ice/roller rink no matter what. it sais they need someone else on the rink but when i send someone else onto the rink the option just goes away completely.

Back to top Go down

Skating rink issue Empty Re: Skating rink issue

Post by Admin Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:24

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum!
Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:34

the only mods i have are Story progression and Master Controller. would those cause issues? i only really use story progression mod for the map tags i turn the actual progression off.

//EDIT

i also used the store fixes before. i just got the new version of it to see if it fixed the food cart problem but i havent tested that yet because the festival is closed right now. but the skating problem still exists. they wont do the spin with thing no matter what. the second another person enters the rink the option goes away.

//EDIT

I heard that the spin with option only works on the larger skating rinks... but even so i built a large one at my home and the option still disappears. im still trying to figure it out.

But i also wanted to say that you guys are awesome. just felt a thank you is in order for seasons =D i know you guys work hard and all and my issue isn't a priority. but if you find out what may be causing it let me know.

Mod edit: Please edit your post rather than replying to yourself if no one else has replied yet, thank you.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:43

Hello,

I doubt it's Master Controller or Story Progression.
Personally I think it's an EA issue, I was playing yesterday and there were several things that were not right.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:00

i found out what the problem was. Witches cant spin on the ice skating rink. They can skate fine but because they are a supernatural, like all the others, they cant spin on the ice. Just thought id let you know in case someone else asks or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 05:10

Bloomingrose11 wrote:i found out what the problem was. Witches cant spin on the ice skating rink. They can skate fine but because they are a supernatural, like all the others, they cant spin on the ice. Just thought id let you know in case someone else asks or something.

I haven't tried the raking or skating yet, thanks for the heads up. Would raking be another supernatural non-function?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 06:17

raking? you mean raking leaves? as far as i know only ice skating and skating are bugged for all supernaturals. No supernatural can ice skate or skate... witches can ice skate/skate because they dont have a default movement overide (aka flying/hovering/superspeed) but they will not be able to perform any tricks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 22 Nov 2012, 11:43

Bloomingrose11 wrote:raking? you mean raking leaves? as far as i know only ice skating and skating are bugged for all supernaturals. No supernatural can ice skate or skate... witches can ice skate/skate because they dont have a default movement overide (aka flying/hovering/superspeed) but they will not be able to perform any tricks.

I just read that too, but from what I read, it's not a bug, it was intended that occult sims can't skate.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)