Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the game crashing for anyone else? (Seasons)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is the game crashing for anyone else? (Seasons) Empty Is the game crashing for anyone else? (Seasons)

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 08:03

Hi! First time posting a thread here! Hope everyone is enjoying their game!

First off, thanks so much to G4TW and everyone else who made this download so easy and quick! I started the torrent yesterday and woke up to the Sims Seasons! I'm so excited!

Unfortunately, my luck hasn't been to good with the game itself

Okay, so I downloaded Seasons, torrent, ultimate fix, patch, etc. Everything seemingly went well, but when I went in to actually play the game, it froze after a couple of minutes. I thought it was my CC messing things up, so I deleted everything. But when I tried again, same thing happened. Long story short, is anyone else having this couple-of-minutes-gameplay-then-freeze/crash problem?

I saw one topic on this already but no one seemed to know what to do. And I traveled to the official Sims forum as well and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problem, legal download or not. I was just curious if anyone had a semblance of a solution. I would really like to play my game...

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Is the game crashing for anyone else? (Seasons) Empty Re: Is the game crashing for anyone else? (Seasons)

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 17:54

Yeah I've been having similar problems. I've been troubleshooting it on and off for the past two days to try to figure out what's wrong with it. The crashes seem to come for me around when the seasons change within the game Shocked

It's really just infuriating that EA touts their game as being Mac ready when all they do is outsource some dudes for an emulator and leave us stranded at sea.

Back to top Go down

Is the game crashing for anyone else? (Seasons) Empty Re: Is the game crashing for anyone else? (Seasons)

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 00:39

antiskub wrote:Yeah I've been having similar problems. I've been troubleshooting it on and off for the past two days to try to figure out what's wrong with it. The crashes seem to come for me around when the seasons change within the game Shocked

It's really just infuriating that EA touts their game as being Mac ready when all they do is outsource some dudes for an emulator and leave us stranded at sea.

Seriously! Especially with a game as anticipated as Seasons. Sigh...But I saw your comment getting rid of the mod folder in another thread about the same thing, so I think I'm just going to delete my CC and hope for the best. Or at least until someone at Sims HQ gets their butt into gear...

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 09:45

I have the same problem, I made a topic but no respond yet Sad

I don't have any mods or CC, so it's not laggy because of that.

The game started crashing before I installed Seasons Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 15:35

I did the followings things and was able to play crash-free:

1. Used the Super Patcher found on the official Sims website
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

3. Reapplied the Seasons crack

2. Renamed my "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" folder so I could start fresh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 01:05

Antiskub, you are a saint, scholar, and all around awesome person. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

By the way, just to clarify, did you apply the crack from both the Season folder and the #Crack, or just the Seasons. Also, what you mean by rename? Do you just give the folders a new name, or move the folders somewhere else? Sorry for the silly questions!

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 01:57

Heya Silly,

Thanks dawgg!!!

I just reapplied the Seasons crack (because the Super Patcher can give a "no disk found" error) into the base game as per the usual Seasons installation requirements. Since it's pirated, and the super patcher is from the official site, it can bring up the authentication error which the crack is there for.

Renaming the "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" folder is the same as moving it to a desktop or anything similar; it forces the game to create a fresh new folder without the old mods/CC/caches. Slowly I will re-introduce my old saves and CC but for now just being able to play normally is enough for me Razz

Also, a lot of people found that the game is far less temperamental if they go into the in-game options and disable vampires, werewolves, etc. Though I already happen to play without these guys most of the time anyway because they are hairy and annoying... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 02:36

Did either of your games crash and bring up the Console?? with an error with Cider???????

-------
Somehow got it to work by taking the System.reg file in and out of the Preferences folder...don't know how that is making it work though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 04:21

happening with me right now Sad It crashes in general but it REALLY crashes in CAS. Im having a topic on it right now someone is trying to help me Sad(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 04:23

ok i actually read these and im going to these steps but.. renaming it???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 04:45

I just played the game after installing XQuartz and I noticed a huge difference in graphical performance. For example scrolling in CAS in my game has always been kind of choppy but this made the scroll bar whiz by like professional Sim ice skater.

In not so many words, XQuartz is a free app you can download that helps the Sims Mac emulator run more smoothly.

You can pick it up here:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/X112.7.4

After installation, you need to restart your computer before you can play using it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 04:46

star10310 wrote:ok i actually read these and im going to these steps but.. renaming it???

What part do you need clarification on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 04:49

Is the game crashing for anyone else? (Seasons) Screen%20Shot%202012-11-19%20at%2022.43.56

this just happened

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 04:57

Did you try XQuartz, Tom?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 05:03

antiskub wrote:Did you try XQuartz, Tom?

I have a previous version installed, but I am installing the newer right now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 06:20

Ah! I wish I could hug you Antiskub! I'm downloading XQuartz too, on your recommendation alone. I definitely could use something that help this crazy game go faster. Thank you!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 07:17

Aw shucks Embarassed

If you need anything else, I'll be around!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 23:20

Sorry about continuously waking this thread up, but I just wanted to report on my progress!

So I did everything, downloaded what I could, patched the game, and everything else in between! It seemed like everything was (finally) going to work!

But of course, with my luck, it doesn't Sad

My new computer, which I got like 4 months ago, just can't run the game properly Sad It's either the exception raised or the game crashes like 10 mins in.

I was madly disappointed, and was ready to just delete the entire game when I remembered I have a older laptop that I wasn't using very much lying around. Giving it a shot, I decided to just put everything on a hard drive and transfer it to my laptop. And guess what? It works! My 4 year laptop runs the game better than my 4 month desktop lol.

Granted, it's crazy lag-y and takes 20 mins to load, and still crashes, but at least it's a little over an hour later instead of ten minutes in. Plus, I can use my most favorite CC on the laptop (Nrass Mod, which is so fun!).

So yeah, that's my progress. I hope everyone is having a little better luck than me! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 00:38

That's pretty strange.

What OS version are you using on your desktop and on your laptop?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 08:37

Sorry for the late reply! The desktop is the Mountain Lion, 10.7.2 I believe, and the laptop is Leopard, 10.6.8.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 08:48

That makes sense.

I'm able to play relatively trouble-free on my 10.6.8 OSX as well. I wonder if people are having more performance issues in Mountain Lion than with the other builds...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 06:34

antiskub wrote:That makes sense.

I'm able to play relatively trouble-free on my 10.6.8 OSX as well. I wonder if people are having more performance issues in Mountain Lion than with the other builds...

I remember when Mountain Lion first came out and hearing a lot of people complain about how many of their previously, perfectly functioning programs suddenly became slow or incompatible with the upgrade. With the little consideration we get as Mac users from EA anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the crashes had to do with Lion (or EA's lack of caring)..

Ah well :p At least we can play, which is all that matters Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top