Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed the sims 3 seasons, game keeps crashing! Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed the sims 3 seasons, game keeps crashing! Help! Empty Installed the sims 3 seasons, game keeps crashing! Help!

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2014, 14:39

Hey. I've been trying to figure this problem out for several months now. I've searched all over the web, doing almost anything, reinstalling and re applying, deleting all mod files, disabled costume sims.3 content, DEP settings(I'm COMPLETELY SURE I did it correctly because I redid it TWICE) and NOTHING helps! I'm currently running my sims 3 on a samsung laptop with intelCORE HD 4000 graphics card. My computer is believed to be PERFECTLY able to run these types of games, and this really frustrates me! I tried ALL the guidelines in the posts here too, but to no avail. My game will start and load properly, but I get to play for anything ranging for 2 til 15 minutes before the game crashes and displays a message "the sims 3 has stopped working, looking for a solution". It really is starting to get on my nerves and I have no idea what to do. The problems didn't start before I downloaded seasons from/as cracked software. All of my other expansions except generations and seasons are legit oftware I downloaded and bought from origin. Would someone PLEASE be so kind as to present me with a sort of solution that will let me actually PLAY my game? Also, whenever I'm NOT playing as IN GAME, for example if I'm making a sim in CAS, there's no problem. The game doesn't start being a Censored  until I start playing for real. Thanks in advance <3

Helper Edit: Please refraining from swearing. Thank you.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Installed the sims 3 seasons, game keeps crashing! Help! Empty Re: Installed the sims 3 seasons, game keeps crashing! Help!

Post by J.T. Sat 25 Jan 2014, 16:08

Hello,

After installing The Sims 3: Seasons, have you (re-)done steps 2-4 of the guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ? Please follow the steps again even if you have done so.

If that doesn't work, please rename the folder (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to anything you like and re-start the game.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installed the sims 3 seasons, game keeps crashing! Help! Empty Re: Installed the sims 3 seasons, game keeps crashing! Help!

Post by invalidusername Sat 25 Jan 2014, 17:48

Are you sure your computer can handle all of the expansions you have installed? I got my laptop less than a year ago, and built it myself to be able to handle the sims, and I still can't use all of the expansions on it. Seasons and Pets are the worst two expansions that have been made, in terms of actually being able to play properly with them installed. World Adventures is another one that bloats your save files and makes it difficult to run. If J.T.'s suggestions don't work, I highly recommend going through your expansions and seeing if there's any you could play without.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2014, 22:30

Lenashan wrote:Hey. I've been trying to figure this problem out for several months now. I've searched all over the web, doing almost anything, reinstalling and re applying, deleting all mod files, disabled costume sims.3 content, DEP settings(I'm COMPLETELY SURE I did it correctly because I redid it TWICE) and NOTHING helps! I'm currently running my sims 3 on a samsung laptop with intelCORE HD 4000 graphics card. My computer is believed to be PERFECTLY able to run these types of games, and this really frustrates me! I tried ALL the guidelines in the posts here too, but to no avail. My game will start and load properly, but I get to play for anything ranging for 2 til 15 minutes before the game crashes and displays a message "the sims 3 has stopped working, looking for a solution". It really is starting to get on my nerves and I have no idea what to do. The problems didn't start before I downloaded seasons from/as cracked software. All of my other expansions except generations and seasons are legit oftware I downloaded and bought from origin. Would someone PLEASE be so kind as to present me with a sort of solution that will let me actually PLAY my game? Also, whenever I'm NOT playing as IN GAME, for example if I'm making a sim in CAS, there's no problem. The game doesn't start being a Censored  until I start playing for real. Thanks in advance <3

Helper Edit: Please refraining from swearing. Thank you.

-J.T.

I've been having the same problems too!! Just updated it and did the Ultimate Fix.  Now I can play my game, but I get the same error as you "the sims 3 has stopped working" within about 30 minutes with quite a bit of freezing.  Let me know if you find a solution! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top