Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons: Can't use some of the Seasons activities?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons: Can't use some of the Seasons activities? Empty Seasons: Can't use some of the Seasons activities?

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 04:13

So, I downloaded the Season's torrent, applied the Ultimate Fix, everything.

The game itself works flawlessly. Absolutely in love with winter, however, some bugs have occurred that ultimately make me unhappy.
Some of the Season's content works fine, however, some do not work at all.

It had snowed for 4 days straight so far, so there is plenty of snow on the ground. My sim can build igloos, snowmen, and snow angels perfectly.

Things that do not work: (There could be more, I have only experience summer and winter related activities)
Ice/Roller skating rink
Ice skating on ponds
Snowboarding

Things that work fine:
Snow related activies (snowmen, snow angels, igloos)
Hot Dog eating contest booth
Soccer goal

I sent my sim to the fishing pond in Twinbrook to go Ice Skating with her boyfriend. Both of them, however, teleported all the way back to their house after they made it about 5 feet on the ice.

The winter festival arrive in my town, so I sent my sim there to have some fun.
First I tried to use the ice skating rink with my sim's boyfriend. It took her about 2 sim hours of standing in front of the entrance of it before she walked on. Once she walked on, she immediately teleported outside of the rink.
After this did not work, I decided to try snowboarding. Very similar to the ice skating rink. My sim stood in front of the ladder to climb up the halfpipe for 2 hours, before the action just deleted itself.

The other festival activities work fine. The Greeting card stand works, the soccer goal works, the food stands work, the eating contests work. I have not come across any more items that don't work, but ice skating and snow boarding were some of the things I really wanted to try out so I'm kind of bummed they don't work.

Is it possible that I didn't do something right? Or is it maybe just a game bug that will eventually be fixed with updates?
I can deal with it, as it's really not game inhibiting. I still enjoy everything there is about the seasons, because all I truly wanted from this expansion was just the weather itself.
It's more of just an annoyance to me, and I would like it fixed, but I won't lose any sleep over this.

Back to top Go down

Seasons: Can't use some of the Seasons activities? Empty Re: Seasons: Can't use some of the Seasons activities?

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:23

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your problems!
I personally think they are EA bugs, they have a lot of experience with creating bugs.

Let's see, do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Seasons: Can't use some of the Seasons activities? Empty Re: Seasons: Can't use some of the Seasons activities?

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 19:20

Yes, I have a lot of CC, but all of it being cosmetic stuff.
I have nothing game altering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 21:43

Hello,

Just to be sure, please backup and remove this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top