Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SORT OF SOLVED] The Sims 3 store content uninstalls itself after Seasons.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SORT OF SOLVED] The Sims 3 store content uninstalls itself after Seasons. Empty [SORT OF SOLVED] The Sims 3 store content uninstalls itself after Seasons.

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 18:37

Just what the title says. I installed all the Store items I had (took about 15 minutes, sims3pack -.-), then ran the game and noticed that none of it appears in-game. I restarted the game and noticed that none of the content was shown as installed under the ''Downloads'' section. And under the ''Installed Content'' section, there were a few random lots named ''1'', ''2'', ''3'' etc...

I have The Sims 3 + all expansion and stuff packs, all from GRTW (<3), updated and the Ultimate Fix. Blocked in firewall.

EA landlubbers.

EDIT: Just tried installing 'em again. This time I installed all the items except one, and installed the last one right after them. Closed the launcher without starting the game and the items were uninstalled again... except for the item I left for last.

EA sucks.

Last edited by TUN3R on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 13:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

[SORT OF SOLVED] The Sims 3 store content uninstalls itself after Seasons. Empty Re: [SORT OF SOLVED] The Sims 3 store content uninstalls itself after Seasons.

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 21:59

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

[SORT OF SOLVED] The Sims 3 store content uninstalls itself after Seasons. Empty Re: [SORT OF SOLVED] The Sims 3 store content uninstalls itself after Seasons.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Nov 2012, 12:46

Hello,

But is it really not installed, or is that what the launcher is telling you? From your post, I gather that they don't show as "installed" in the launcher, but that sometimes happens and doesn't mean the items aren't installed in game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 15:56

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

But is it really not installed, or is that what the launcher is telling you? From your post, I gather that they don't show as "installed" in the launcher, but that sometimes happens and doesn't mean the items aren't installed in game.

The launcher goes through the install process as normal (takes a s*itload of time too), and when it's finished they appear as ''installed'', but they don't show up in-game and if I restart the launcher they are ''uninstalled'' again.

Forgot to mention, the game is freshly installed, last time I installed it was before re-formating. So there's no cache to clear...

EDIT: Might want to warn people that Cmagic actually deletes custom content, not just the cache...

Well, looks like I have to re-download everything again anyway... great.
Nvm, found the backups, gonna try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 19 Nov 2012, 19:16

Canoodle - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382520[/mention] wrote:
Cannot install new content via Launcher
If you get "Sims3Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" Error - set up a "working_launcher" folder.
If you had backup your files before you patched like we recommended, you'd have a backup of the \Game\Bin\ folder of the game's files from an earlier patch version. If you don't this solution is not for you.
Create a folder on your Desktop, name it "working_launcher" (without quotes, of course).
Copy the contents of the \Game\Bin\ folder of the last EP/SP you installed; ie just the files.
Remove the current .exe file in this "working_launcher" folder
Copy the TS3.exe or TS3EP01.exe from your backup folders
Rename .exe to TS3(?P01).exe whichever is your current game.
If you get confused, open Sims3Launcher.ini, the .exe name must match the same one referenced in this file. So, if the file shows this(see quote), your .exe in this "working_launcher" folder must be named TS3EP01.exe to match.
Quote:
[Sims3Launcher]
GameProcessName = TS3EP01
Install new Sims3Packs or uninstall items using the Launcher from this folder.
Start the game as per normal from your shortcut to the actual .exe for your current EP/SP game.
the above solution is referenced from this post by GnatGoSplat @MATY

Not sure if this does contain to your problem tho.

Edit: (Can see if better if you use the link I used in the quoted name and scroll down to the actually part of the post with this.)

Last edited by t2sink on Mon 19 Nov 2012, 19:21; edited 1 time in total
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 19:16

t2sink wrote:
Canoodle - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382520[/mention] wrote:
Cannot install new content via Launcher
If you get "Sims3Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" Error - set up a "working_launcher" folder.
If you had backup your files before you patched like we recommended, you'd have a backup of the \Game\Bin\ folder of the game's files from an earlier patch version. If you don't this solution is not for you.
Create a folder on your Desktop, name it "working_launcher" (without quotes, of course).
Copy the contents of the \Game\Bin\ folder of the last EP/SP you installed; ie just the files.
Remove the current .exe file in this "working_launcher" folder
Copy the TS3.exe or TS3EP01.exe from your backup folders
Rename .exe to TS3(?P01).exe whichever is your current game.
If you get confused, open Sims3Launcher.ini, the .exe name must match the same one referenced in this file. So, if the file shows this(see quote), your .exe in this "working_launcher" folder must be named TS3EP01.exe to match.
Quote:
[Sims3Launcher]
GameProcessName = TS3EP01
Install new Sims3Packs or uninstall items using the Launcher from this folder.
Start the game as per normal from your shortcut to the actual .exe for your current EP/SP game.
the above solution is referenced from this post by GnatGoSplat @MATY

Not sure if this does contain to your problem tho.

It didn't work so obviously Razz

The .world files appear in InstalledWorlds and the weird .package files appear in DCbackups (have the right size too). They just don't show up in game, and if I restart the launcher they don't apear as installed anymore (if I install them again it creates duplicates of the .world and .package files).

//EDIT

I think I managed to fix it, it's a problem I've been having since I
first installed The Sims 3, it just got a shit ton worse after
Seasons...

If I install too many sims3packs at once it doesn't
install any, I have to take 'em 10 - 20 at a time. It's still kinda'
dodgy and some packs still refuse to install but it's better than
nothing...

The worlds work at least...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 21 Nov 2012, 20:23

Hello,

That's pretty normal. Installing a lot of .Sims3Pack files at once tends to cause problems. (Like items not installing)

Is the main problem solved now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top