Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Dating.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Online Dating. Empty Online Dating.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:39

I don't know if it's EA or a mod (and I don't care to test it since starting the game takes forever) or if anyone else noticed this....

I had my female sim put her profile online because I figured she'd get to meet other singles in the neighbourhood and it would be easier than asking random males about their relationship status. Because you know, naturally I figured only single sims would put their profile online. Turns out the first 2 guys that approached her (out in the street) to "get to know" were married! Those bastards! And at the end of the conversation they both casually mentioned how much they had enjoyed meeting her and that they should go on a real date soon. More realistic than anticipated...??? Laughing

Anyway, I gave up after that, used Master Controller to find a single male (using map tags) and she's buttering him up now.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Online Dating. Empty Re: Online Dating.

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 12:25

I think it's a bug. I tried this new "awesome" feature and now EVERY sim in town fancies my sim. And they send things and love letters to the mailbox which is pretty annoying, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 13:15

I constantly get phone calls asking my Sim on a Date, even though my guys married, with a kid and another baby on the way lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 22:48

Greeley wrote:I constantly get phone calls asking my Sim on a Date, even though my guys married, with a kid and another baby on the way lol.
This has been extremely annoying... Every time their phone rings I cringe... And the people calling are usually coupled with someone already. Why can't they just call to chill or something?

The attraction thing was kind of funny to me actually. My sim seemed to be attracted to EVERY WOMAN IN TOWN... except his wife who he was already married to...
And don't get me started on all the love letters and gifts though the mail...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 06:44

You can often find one of these Sims prowling around your garden at 3am too... which is really creepy lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 21 Nov 2012, 14:21

LOL that's beyond creepy.
I've read a lot of complaints about the attraction thing on the official forum, perhaps it will be patched, or there will be some mod to manage it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 19:47

Online dating is hell for me, I'm in a relationship and all the girls in town are after me! There was even an old woman! Ermahgerd Shocked

Even my ex keeps coming after me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 01:41

I do believe it's controlled by traits and if the sims in question, whos loins are itching so to say do not have the family trait thingy and traits alike will not stop to flirt/fool around with every sim in town and will keep doing that untill there are no one left to approach. It's just a though.
So I guess to stop them from flirting and cheating on their spouse, you must use a mod to edit their traits to prevent them from fooling around or get the NRAAS Storyprogression and set some family to Disallow Affairs.

Or one could hope that a modder makes it so, that the only ones that does this have the flirting trait and/or trouble with commitment trait.

And if you read about the online dating in game training, you would read that it isn't advisable for a married sim to do so, be cause of the chance to get caught by spouse is way bigger that lurking around. But it's still useable.

The phonecalls is annoying that I must agree. But the gift from the suitors - poor mailman!!
But it's amusing still and gives the gamestory a little more edge and drama.

What I'm lacking is the option to tell a friend that his or hers spouse is cheating on him or her - what fun that could be!! Especially if one of them are a werewolf with temper!!
Does anyone knows how to do that?
I tried inviting all sims involved in the drama over, but the cheating sim ran off as soon she realized that both her life love was present.
Her excuse was that my place was to crowed for her and just wanted to spend time alone with me (and my family.)
She was cheating on my stepson and I wanted him to know, so he could find a better girlfriend and wife to be.
If I don't decide to end my own marriage be cause I need the drama....

Beef sticks wrote:Online dating is hell for me, I'm in a relationship
and all the girls in town are after me! There was even an old woman! Ermahgerd
Shocked

Even my ex keeps coming after me!

You can stop that with NRAAS Woohooer under Romance and Allow Elder-Adult - I think that's the one.
That goes for the flirting all around to.
Just use the NRAAS Storyprogression at a lot/family or General Options and set the Allow Affair to false, that should stop the mindless flirting around.
However the game will loose its drama in my opion by doing so, if you choose to disallow all affairs throughout the town.

Last edited by Auntie Bella on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 01:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 01:51

I do online dating as well! I have met almost my entire town (Lucky Palms) and I also met a married guy... But hey! He is the greatest looking guy in there so I am going for him. Gonna put the love spell on me (Yes I am a witch!) and then ineract with him. Guess what follows next hehe It's pretty funny though, as it at least gives you a chance to get to know someone from town. The 3 am lurking, I had it too but I just had my peashooter shoot them so they left after it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 04:40

you gotta admit,this sims 3 seasons is the best thing since apple pie!!lol,can't imagine playing sims 3 without it now,sure brings the game to life!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:28

Well the game loses much of it's romantic reality if I don't allow affairs,

I have been naughty too! I was dating my ex AND her sister! ANd Impregnated them both!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:36

Sure, there should be affairs. I let storyprogression handle that actually. It's another thing when all married sims have a profile for online dating.
My sims are always painfully honest though, I hate hurting other sims' feelings Laughing
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 15:10

Has anyone noticed that once you remove your sim's online profile it comes back? Ugh, stupid bugs. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 03:15

Beef sticks wrote:Well the game loses much of it's romantic reality if I don't allow affairs,

I have been naughty too! I was dating my ex AND her sister! ANd Impregnated them both!
Woah there!!!! That's a lot of naughtyness loll shame on you XD

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:11

yesenia05 wrote:
Beef sticks wrote:Well the game loses much of it's romantic reality if I don't allow affairs,

Let's hope he means in-game Laughing
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 02:29

Lady ElDi wrote:
yesenia05 wrote:

Let's hope he means in-game Laughing

Well I sure hope! Haha Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Jan 2013, 18:50

When I got these phonecalls from people asking my female sim for a date, I actually went to them a few times (at the beginning). But each time I arrived a message popped up saying something like "I'm sorry, I have something else to do. Maybe next time?" Laughing

And my sim even gets gifts and phone calls from Bone Hilda Laughing Laughing
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:56

just happen to me last night.. my sims already married.. have son and on pregnant.. yet paparazi come to their house and begin to seduce the wife! after her husband die, many men like her.. I don't know why.. seriously, it really creepy.. so much request on online dating.. random call for a date..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top