Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some sims seem to be invisible...I think

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some sims seem to be invisible...I think Empty Some sims seem to be invisible...I think

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 22:41

So I am playing in Sunset Valley and I have noticed that when there is a simfest atMicks Master Karaoke that the stage is there, and there are sims there enjoying the performance, but I can't see anyone performing. I can interact with the stage to applaud, throw stuff etcetera, I can even watch show, but in game there is nobody on the stage. I also don't see anyone coming off the stage.

This also happens at another venue I believe in Union Cove...the pier or boardwalk...sorry can't remember the name of the location at the moment. But other venues hosting simfests seem to function just fine. Any idea what is wrong or if I can fix it?

Back to top Go down

Some sims seem to be invisible...I think Empty Re: Some sims seem to be invisible...I think

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 21 Nov 2012, 16:06

Hello,

The first thing to look at is mods/cc.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Some sims seem to be invisible...I think Empty Re: Some sims seem to be invisible...I think

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 22:02

no this happens even with no mods, someone on nraas said that this problem is a known issue...but I haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere by yahoo or google

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:21

Hello,

Perhaps this is an issue that can be fixed with a mod, like Overwatch.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 11:57

actually it was on their site that I was told it was a known issue....and apparently none of master controller or overwatch fixes it

again though, I have yet to see it listed as a known issue anywhere so am wondering if it truly is a known issue....I mean have you ever hear of it before? Or have you experienced it yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:32

Hello,

Not like the way you're describing it but, I'm the type of player that plays "family" sims that don't go out much, but have fun at home in stead. Apart from a "practical" point of view that traveling to and from shows takes precious time they could be spending on other things. Just like my real life Laughing
besides, I don't have Showtime anymore. My pc barely meets the requirements and I decided I'd rather have Seasons.

Perhaps it is a random bug.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 13:13

It isn't random in the usual sense. Some simfests will always show up while others won't. For example simfests in the parks always show up. Simfests in the karaoke bar in Sunset valley don't. In the Union Cove world simfests held on Pier Fun Oh Won don't show up...but will show up at a local diner when it is held there.

It seems to be connected to if it is being held inside or outside, or perhaps elevation (too high an elevation or over the water) and sims seem to go invisible.

It's not a huge deal as you can still attend and watch to get fun or...as I do....go to meet other sims and make friends. Since I almost never really watch the show and instead am making friends with other sims attending it's not game breaking or anything....just an annoyance really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top