Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom content crashes...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom content crashes... Empty Custom content crashes...

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 22:53

Seasons is the one EP that I have been waiting forever for but since it has come out I have not been able to play my game for longer than 30 mins without crashing. I have read the countless threads about the same issue and I have tried all the steps and advice that has been given. Of everything I have tried it looks like removing my custom content has worked (so far). Since playing Sims is not realistic without cc (at least it's not for me, I must have all of my clothes and furniture), that leaves me sifting through my folder to see what the problem might be. Doing this has led me to ask:

1. Has anyone run across specific mods that are not compatible?
These are the only mods I see that are not clothes/furniture related (except for question 2). Is anyone else having issues with any of these?

marhis-all_beds_same_energy_v2.package
NoBuildSparkles.package
Buzz_AgingManager.package
nointro.package
ultra90%offskillshiddenskills.package
velocitygrass_nomosaic_1_26.package
velocitygrass_only_important_memories.package

2. I discovered that I have several "sliders" (from downloading full sims). I had read somewhere that you can't play with more than one set...is that correct? Is it possible that could be the issue?

As usual any and all help is appreciated!
Custom content crashes... 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Custom content crashes... Empty Re: Custom content crashes...

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 24 Nov 2012, 11:49

Hello,

Definitely remove extra sliders. These will probably cause conflicts and add to the chance of crashing.
Outdated store fixes can cause problems as well as outdated mods. Though you can definitely check off nointro and nobuildsparkles, those don't cause trouble.
I don't think it's the CC that causes crashes since nothing has changed about the way objects are used (as far as I know).

Having said all that, it is my belief that this EP/Patch level is still very unstable so you may expect crashes regardless of how much you try to prevent them. The only advice I can give that'll guarantee you the best outcome, is to take all precautions by making sure everything you use is compatible, and save often. After major events but at least once every sim day.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 14:10

Thanks Lady Eldi. After removing those 7 mods, I played for an hour and no crashes at all. That doesn't seem like much but at least it worked long enough to get me out of CAS, which I wasn't able to do before. So it appears that one of those mods was the problem but I will keep testing to be sure.

As far as the sliders go, should I remove all that are not made by the same person? This might be a pain because it looks like a lot of them are not labeled who created them. There should be a rule that everyone has to use the same set of sliders...that would be nice.
scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 24 Nov 2012, 14:20

Hello,

That would indeed be helpful.
I have never used sliders myself, but I think it would be wise to keep one set of sliders. That may mess up some of the sims you downloaded though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 17:38

Also i red some where here that the Joey_StoreCC_Fix_V10.package was outdate, i remove also sotre fix 1,2,3 coz i didn't knew if they work with the new store fix as well as spellbook fix frightfullhair and all NRaas, just coz i couldn't define wich was outdate wich not or which one will crash the game, so i only have the new sotre fix, that by the way i didn't know how to paste in the mods (as sims3pack or .package) coz most of my cc are sims3pack and not packages except for the greenhouse.package.

Sorry i wrote a lot is just that i'm as confuced as my writing Arrow Question scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 27 Nov 2012, 10:50

Hello,

The latest store fixes are up to date and they don't conflict with other mods. If you have sims3pack as well as packages, just follow the instructions for both.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 17:33

Ok, thank you very much lady Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 29 Nov 2012, 17:52

Hello,

What about OP, anything else we can help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top