Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED] Empty rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 19:33

First off, sorry for posting here after reading several warnings about not posting before I have tried to follow the steps but I have some serious pre-installing jitters!
I have tried installing the sims 3 so many times and it has never worked, and always taken up alot of time and energy on google.

I found a link to your website in a comment on isohunt and oh lord how happy I am to have found you guys, so thank you so much for all your work here. I have read through the instructions and i have read through alot of posts here on the website, I deleted all my previous downloads and downloaded all the sims3 games from your torrents (THANK YOU), that is all the expansion packs and stuff packs, so I want to start downloading.

There are two things that I dont get about the instructions, so if you could please explain it would be FAN-TASTIC.

1. usually when I have tried to install the base game it prompts me for an update when I try to install an expension pack, if I dont update the expansion wont install. Do I do this? Will it prompt me for another update later in the installation process after I've installed x-many expansions? if so, do I do that?

2. the instructions say that after I have installed all the games I should apply a manual patch, thats ok but then it says that after the manual patch has updated my game I have to re-download the ultimate fix. There I strand, when was I supposed to download the ultimate fix before? Is the manual patch the same as the ultimate fix?

Maybe I'm just a really slow lass but I have read through everything and I sooo dont want to **** this up, I have never had such high hopes for installing these games and I will recommend you to everyone I know already for great downloads, fast speed and great help!

Back to top Go down

rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 20:10

Hello and welcome to the forums! We are here to assist you and please, do not hesitate to ask anything!

1. The game will indeed prompt you to update, which is safe. If it fails though, you should go to this link download and just double click the file you downloaded. It will automatically update the game to the latest version. I suggest you apply this update as soon as you install the BASE game, before expansions, so that way, you won't have to update for every other expansion.

2. So I just explained you can use the patch right after the installation of the BASE game. Then install any EP/SP you like. However, you MUST install at least one or more of the following packs, in order for the Ultimate Fix (crack) to work: Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite, Pets, Town Life or Generations. That means, you must install AT LEAST one of the above and then anything else you want. The ultimate fix can be found here. Apply it EXACTLY as the instructions say. When you install the stuff and expansion packs, do not use any crack files at all. After you're done installing everything, apply the Ultimate Fix as instruced and you should be ready to go. It says to re-download it, because many people who have used it already and install a new expansion pack, need the newest version of the crack which is found in the Fix. so for you, it's just download it, after installing everything.

Ultimate fix = Crack
Manual Update = just to update the game version, add new features etc.

Good luck and have fun playing. If you face any problems, we're here to assist.

Back to top Go down

rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED] Empty Re: rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:29

Hey there all-knowing-admins!
Sorry for the looong pause of posting, my computer crashed the day I was going to start installing and I haven't gotten a new one until recently, so here I am again, trying to install! I have installed the Base game, and like I was told downloaded the update and updated as soon as the base game was installed, I have installed seasons and was about to install Generations when a problem occured.

When installing Generations I am prompted for another CD but I can't find it. ( Because I am mad I will settle for no less than all expansions and stuff packs, all my downloads are from you guys!) When in deamon tools I can't find any image to mount and therefore cant proceed, here are some screen shots! Can you tell me what the problem is?

ok... I tried hosting some pictures but it does not seem to be working. I will post this comment and see if it worked or not, if not, I will try to post them in another way Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:50

rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED] Genera12

https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/18/08/09/69/genera13.jpg

rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED] Genera13

rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED] Genera13

ok. lets see if this works!
This is my "generations folder", I am using the "SIMS3EP04 setup" aplication to run the setup, but I cant find the disc 2 !

EDIT: Ok, so I'm a huuuge noob ok? Razz

Last edited by DDagmar on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 18:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NOOB!)

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 29 Jan 2013, 04:50

Try to re-extract the Generations.rar with WinRAR, then re-mount that, if that doesn't work, might have to re-download Generations.rar.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 13:41

I tried re-extracting the folder and voila, no disc 2 prompted!

Now I have the sims 3 UP AND RUNNING and it is all thanks to you guys, your brilliant torrents and wonderful instructions! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I will be sure to tell everyone about you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 30 Jan 2013, 20:34

Your Welcomed, if you have anymore problems let us know.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 30 Jan 2013, 22:34

Hello there,

Have fun, enjoy the game and let us know if you need more help!
Topic closed. Wink rather want to be safe than sorry so I have some questions. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top