Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install store content from mediafire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install store content from mediafire Empty Can't install store content from mediafire

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 14:13

Hi guys,

first of all thank you to everybody of G4TW so much for making these games available. I have been using this site for a few years and I never even had to make an account because everything works so well and I never had a problem. That is until now.
When I try to install store content that I downloaded from the G4TW mediafire account I get an error that I have to update my game, but it is up to date. It's also weird that the thumbnail that i see in my donwload folder is the purple logo of late night, even though i have all the other expansions packs since late night installed as well.
I have tried choosing the "don't update" option and then it doesn't work, it says 'an unknown error occured' and closes down. when I choose the 'update' option the same thing happens.
I think this is so weird because it used to work just fine for me in the past?!

I hope someone has the solution to the problem, the store content makes the game much more interesting I think!

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Can't install store content from mediafire Empty Re: Can't install store content from mediafire

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 00:50

Have you tried to use the manual patch to update the game?

Back to top Go down

Can't install store content from mediafire Empty Re: Can't install store content from mediafire

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:00

Yes I did Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 23:26

Was it the G4TW patch or the Super Patch from the officials Sims site?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 30 Nov 2012, 06:21

Antiskub, the manual patch and the Super patcher are the same thing. Razz
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 17:09

Well, I have solved it! Because the icon for the downloaded content was always the purple logo of late night i decided to uninstall the late night expansion. I think I probably had a corrupt version or something.
Still, thanks a lot for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 18:27

t2sink wrote:Antiskub, the manual patch and the Super patcher are the same thing. Razz

Super Patch can give verification issues if you use pirated games.

Also, just as a personal anecdote, I found the official Super Patcher doing a better job (in terms of performance issues) than the manual patch from here. I don't know why, or if it's only for Macs, but using it to patch my game and re-cracking afterward has added hours of game time. Shocked But hey, I just work the counter, not make the pizza~

Last edited by antiskub on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 18:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarificationz)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top