Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 store content - after I install the store content and re-enter the launcher, I have to install it again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 store content - after I install the store content and re-enter the launcher, I have to install it again Empty Sims 3 store content - after I install the store content and re-enter the launcher, I have to install it again

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:39

Basically I've downloaded all of the sims 3 files and have done everything really carefully to install the game. The game works. Then I downloaded all the store updates from you guys and installed it into the downloads folder.
I entered the launcher, pressed select all and install and had to exit the launcher because I had to go.
When I returned, and launched the sims 3 launcher, it said my store content isn't installed and I have to install it ALL over again.
It keeps happening and I don't know why.
Thanks for the help.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 store content - after I install the store content and re-enter the launcher, I have to install it again Empty Re: Sims 3 store content - after I install the store content and re-enter the launcher, I have to install it again

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:41

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 store content - after I install the store content and re-enter the launcher, I have to install it again Empty Re: Sims 3 store content - after I install the store content and re-enter the launcher, I have to install it again

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:51

Okay, I've done that now and I'll see how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:56

Hello,

Good! Awaiting the result. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 13:32

It didn't work. I'll try it again and see if I did something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jan 2012, 13:59

Hello,
Sometimes the content will show up in game even when the launcher says it isn't installed, if that's not the case here, you can try converting your sims3packs to .package files. The only downside, if that bothers you, is that they will appear as custom content in your game. Other than that the objects are the same.
This simple tool converts the files, and this page explains how to install them.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 15:51

Okay, so I did what you guys suggested.
I launched the game, and now, it's just stuck in a black screen. No loading, nothing. I ctrl+alt+delete and it says the game is not responding.
EDIT:
Okay, so I deleted my cache files. The game runs fine, but when it loads, it gets stuck about 1/3 of the way of the load completed when loading a city.
EDIT2:
So, I moved my mods folder so it ignores sims, and now the game loads fine until the very end. Then it gets stuck.
I'll go ahead and try to re-install my game all over again. What could I have done wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 23:39

gvazdas wrote:Okay, so I did what you guys suggested.
I launched the game, and now, it's just stuck in a black screen. No loading, nothing. I ctrl+alt+delete and it says the game is not responding.
EDIT:
Okay, so I deleted my cache files. The game runs fine, but when it loads, it gets stuck about 1/3 of the way of the load completed when loading a city.
EDIT2:
So, I moved my mods folder so it ignores sims, and now the game loads fine until the very end. Then it gets stuck.
I'll go ahead and try to re-install my game all over again. What could I have done wrong?
Hello,

Try removing the Mods and Custom Content. Restart your game and see if it made a difference.

Don't reinstall yet!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 07:19

Admin wrote:
gvazdas wrote:Okay, so I did what you guys suggested.
EDIT:
EDIT2:
Hello,

Try removing the Mods and Custom Content. Restart your game and see if it made a difference.

Don't reinstall yet!
Yeah, when I do that, the game loads fine until the very end. Then it gets stuck in the end and won't move.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 09:08

Hello,
What if you removed the entire Sims 3 folder from your my documents?
It'll let the game think its a fresh install and will rid you of any bugged files. Upon starting your game, it will create a new folder in my documents. If your game loads, you can think about putting your save games back. At this point, you could also try putting the sims3pack files back into the downloadsfolder.
Which leads me to asking if you emptied the downloads folder, I'm not sure you can have sims3packs and .package files of the same objects without causing conflicts.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 14:06

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
What if you removed the entire Sims 3 folder from your my documents?
It'll let the game think its a fresh install and will rid you of any bugged files. Upon starting your game, it will create a new folder in my documents. If your game loads, you can think about putting your save games back. At this point, you could also try putting the sims3pack files back into the downloadsfolder.
Which leads me to asking if you emptied the downloads folder, I'm not sure you can have sims3packs and .package files of the same objects without causing conflicts.
Yeah, I'm going to re-install the game completely, deleting everything.
I did the package files and sim3pack files together, but then replaced one another.
*facepalm*
Bloody hell, now it says Sims 3 Launcher is not responding when I launch it. ...What did I do wrong this time?

//EDIT

Okay, so I managed to re-install Sims 3. When I launched it, everything worked fine - I loaded into a city.
Then
I installed the store addons by using the tool Lady ElDi gave me. I
installed it, ran the game It got stuck about 1/3 of the way and didn't
continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 08:01

Okay, so, here's the current problem:
1. I reinstalled game
2. Updated it and foillowed the guide
3. Ran the game. It loaded fine and I could fly around the city.
4. I exited the game and then installed the store content via 'Mods' folder to sims 3 documents folder.
5. I ran the game and when it loaded a city, it got stuck 1/3 of the way and crashed after 30 minutes.
6. I then exited, switched Mods with Downloads, went into sims 3 launcher, installed the addons and then launched the game. Again, same thing happened.
7.I exited, removed all addons and mods folders and launched the game. When loading a city, it got stuck at the very very end and crashed after 30 minutes.
This makes no sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Feb 2012, 08:51

Hello,
You're right it doesn't. You're not using any mods/cc are you? I just came across this yesterday, it may be worth a try.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 09:30

Okay, thanks. I'll check it out.
I don't use any mods except the store content from the sims 3 store links in mediafire you guys collected into a folder.

//EDIT

YAY! The game finally launched. I'll check if the store content is working or not.
EDIT:
Okay,
so the store content isn't working. What do I have to do in CC Magic to
make the addons work? CC Magic says they are enabled.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:40

Hello,
I'm not using it myself since I'm only using a few mods and only complete store sets, but if you ask that question in the thread I linked to, maybe a user who's using it can answer your question.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:43

Yeah I think I am also using the complete store sets. Where did you get t hem from and what did you use to install them?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Feb 2012, 11:25

Hello,
I'm using these, they are .package files installed as mods, and and the rest is from here: mediafire.com/?y8uy4gu2y8jqt.
I'm using the complete sets where available, and the few months that have little content, I've used the individual sims3packs.
I've installed the sims3packs by putting them in the download folder and installing them with the launcher.
I've also had to use the fix as described in the link Admin gave in his first reply.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 14:35

Okay, thanks. I guess the loading problem is with the store content.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top