Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monte Vista Opinions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monte Vista Opinions  Empty Monte Vista Opinions

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 19:57

What's everyone's opinion on this? Obviously it wont have been played much but just opened it and it looks amazing, pre-built houses look great, plenty of empty lots to build into for yourself, lots that are pre-built on are all (bar some) are above 30x30 so decent building area size.

Loving the fact that the "town center" is all centralized, and it looks great, really rustic within the walls.

My first look opinion is I can't wait to get building there.

Go on give your thoughts Smile

Back to top Go down

Monte Vista Opinions  Empty Re: Monte Vista Opinions

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 21:32

I haven't really played in it yet but my first impression after just looking it over is... WOW! It looks beautiful. And some of the empty houses I looked at were very nicely done. I'm going to enjoy building some houses of my own in that style. The landscaping on it is exceptional. I've tried to make worlds in CAW so I appreciate the effort they had to put in to achieve that. I actually like it better than Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms. To quote Bill Murray in the movie "Stripes"... "It's party time, Italian style!" Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2012, 04:02

It looks quite nice. Setting is beautiful, houses are gorgeous. I really like the city centre on the hill.

A couple things I don't like are: First, some of the homes have no doors, just open archways. Won't that allow other sims to just wander into your home? And what about thieves?

Second, no consignment store. I fixed that though by putting a couple counters along one wall of the Al Fresco Market and adding the consignment register there. I also added a Magic Consignment register as well as a relics register. Just under the little awning by the main door...I took out a planter box and some potted plants, had to move one of the trees a square to the left, but popped three counters in and the 3 registers no problem. Within half an hour game time all three counters were manned.

As a side note, there is a mod for the various registers which adds some missing items etcetera. I found it here:

http://modthesims.info/d/450576

It works really well and adds a bunch of stuff you would have to travel to china, france and egypt for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2012, 06:09

Looks like a nice Morocco/Spanish/Portugese/Mexican city

Going to download it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:29

Pros:Monte Vista looks really awesome and it's my fav world so far. My game hasn't been lagging very badly since I played in Monte Vista compared to playing in other worlds and the sceneries are just breathtaking! Very Happy

Cons: The mailman doesn't put the bills inside the mailbox and just left it on the ground? I'm not sure if this has something to do with my game but nothing like this has happen before..the routing is also quite bad as my sim would sometimes get off the taxi and walk for a distance then goes to take a taxi again..it's quite time consuming esp. if my sim is going to work.

Overall the Monte Vista is still a great world to play in my opinion :DD

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:18

Hello,

I've only glanced at it once so test something but my first impression is very good.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 15:48

It looks really beautiful and i love the houses. But I still prefer lucky palms and sunlit tides over it, because it just doesn't have enough space to put all the ambitions and showtime lots, and it doesn't have many sims so everywhere i go it looks empty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 18:39

I just got it today so I have no clue what to say until I install it. But from the pics I seen on S3 site it could be my sims new world to live in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 20:30

I think it's visually awesome, and the architecture is brilliant! But after playing in it for a day I got annoyed with the fact that most of the lots and houses have so much empty space & empty rooms that are basically decorative walls.

I've also encountered routing issues when taking a cab from the center of town out to the spa area :<

I think I'll just stick some of the cool houses into Sunlit Tides and keep playing there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 08:16

I kinda felt Sunlit Tides to be lacking some how, but it is beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 19:04

I think it's gorgeous and when loading and playing, it felt really smooth to me. Not buggy at all. I wanted to move into the "main area" right on the top of the hill to be in the mix of everything, but the closest decent size house was THREE stories. MEH! I didn't like going up and down the stairs over and over, and I know... elevator, but I didn't want to screw with the structural integrity hahaha! anyway, I put an old school house down the hill a ways, and love playing in the 'hood! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Dec 2012, 19:08

Personally, I really like this "southern"-style neighborhood; it reminds one of Spain or Italy Very Happy.
By the way:

Ashkevron wrote:
A couple things I don't like are: First, some of the homes have no doors, just open archways. Won't that allow other sims to just wander into your home? And what about thieves?

You can fix this by putting up some additional walls, where necessary.
Have fun!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top