Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Seasons Is Crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Seasons Is Crashing Empty The Sims 3 Seasons Is Crashing

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 18:10

Hey Ya'll! :newfag:

First of all to all the admins, thank you so much for supporting the torrents you make. Its a breath of fresh air to know I'm not completely alone if I have problems with a download. ^-^After reading the forum exhaustively I finally gave up and decided to ask for help.

I had the base game, ambitions, late night, generations and pets installed on my laptop for a while without a problem but suddenly when I downloaded and installed supernatural and seasons from here (after reading how extensively and downloading the fix) I've had the following issue. My computer will work mostly fine for awhile with a few minor jerky motions from my sims then the screen will flash black twice then completely freeze or crash to desktop. I have already done the data execute prevention step and am running out of solutions. Can you help? Help

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Seasons Is Crashing Empty Re: The Sims 3 Seasons Is Crashing

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 18:28

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

Please try all the steps from that thread I linked you to and report back if you have any more problems. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 02:22

Hey thanks for answering!

I turned off the mods and that didn't help so I went immediately for the video card force off option. I have an Intel video card and it doesn't have an option to turn it off. In fact, when I looked at Intel's forum, a lot of people are complaining about my same issue with another game. Hmmm... I will continue to try the steps though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 02:42

Please keep on trying it and test the game to see if it still crushes. But remember, if you're on a laptop, some video cards are known to have issues with the game and therefore, there would be nothing that can be done.

But let's hope that's not the case. Please report back with results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 06:41

Okay I went ahead and downloaded the tool that can increase the amount of RAM the game uses. My gameplay improved drastically (4+ hours instead of 20 - 35 minutes) but in the end the game screen went black with just the music playing in the background and the still responsive arrow cursor moving on top. At that point a minimize screen does nothing and I have to CTRL ALT DEL to go into the task manager to close it. Is this the problem I should be expecting because its a laptop?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Dec 2012, 10:49

Hello,

No that's actually quite normal on all kinds of pc's. The best way to prevent this is to save often and try to shut down and reload the game after 2-3 hours.
A lot of people are having that issue and it has nothing to do with being on a laptop, or what kind of system you're on at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 11:17

Hey Lady Eldi, I know this is the wrong section for this but since I've done the DEP step and messed around with the download that adds more RAM, my computer shut down and won't boot. Its not a power issue though. Is there a connection?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Dec 2012, 11:45

Hello,

That's entirely out of my league.. I'll ask Admin to offer his opinion.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 13 Dec 2012, 20:48

Hello,

It won't turn on any more?
Try unplugging all power chords and removing the battery. Just let the laptop cool down for an hour or so, it's probably overheating.

After an hour, plug in the power chord (not the battery yet) and then try to start up the PC.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male