Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 corrupt files during extraction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 corrupt files during extraction Empty Sims 3 corrupt files during extraction

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 21:23

When I try to extract the files from the world adventures .rar folder, I get a whole bunch of corrupt files error messages, and consequently I can't install.

Help!

I use windows xp 32bit and yes I am using Winrar to open the files not winzip

heres an image of the error message I get

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/89855454.jpg/

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 corrupt files during extraction Empty Re: Sims 3 corrupt files during extraction

Post by Admin Fri 25 Mar 2011, 21:25

Hello,

Are you sure the .rar file is done downloading in your Bittorrent client?

If 100% sure, it means there was a problem during the Download -process. The only way to fix this is to delete the existing files and re-download the file(s).
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 corrupt files during extraction Empty Re: Sims 3 corrupt files during extraction

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 21:28

Thanks for the response, and yes it was 100% completed when I downloaded it. Is it essential that I download this expansion first before the others? I would like to try the other expansions to see if they also have the same errors.

I will try downloading it again though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Mar 2011, 21:32

Hello,

No, there's no particular order. Just be sure to install Late Night ánd Outdoor Living Stuff. When you've installed those two, just apply this fix and the game should work fine: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 22:57

I was having difficulties patching my original sims 3 game. Its a legit copy and I am wondering whether it is a problem to have it with these expansions. I started to install late night and it told me I had to update my sims 3 game, so I said yes but it told me it could not patch properly. I found the manual patch site and downloaded that but when I ran it, it gave me an error. I've uninstalled the game, am going to restart my computer, reinstall sims 3, try to patch and then see what happens from there on. Hopefully it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Mar 2011, 23:00

Hello,

Do it as following:

1. Install The Sims 3, but DO NOT apply any cracks!
2. Install the expansions you like, but DO NOT apply any cracks!
3. Install Late Night, but DO NOT apply any cracks!
4. Install Outdoor Living Stuff, but DO NOT apply any cracks!
5. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
6. See if it works now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 23:45

Thanks for the guidance, just one more question!

I am redownloading World Adventures, if i install all the other expansions as well as the fix, can I install World Adventures after everything else has been installed? Or should I wait until it finished downloading before I install it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Mar 2011, 23:48

justicate wrote:Thanks for the guidance, just one more question!

I am redownloading World Adventures, if i install all the other expansions as well as the fix, can I install World Adventures after everything else has been installed? Or should I wait until it finished downloading before I install it?
Hello,

No, there's no particular order, so it doesn't matter which expansion(s) you install first. Just be sure to apply the Fix at last, when you're done with all expansions. If you apply it earlier, you simply have to re-apply it when you have all expansions installed.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 23:49

Thank you so much, everything is going smoothly so far! You've been a major help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Mar 2011, 23:51

justicate wrote:Thank you so much, everything is going smoothly so far! You've been a major help Smile
Hi there,

You're welcome. Please post the final result here.
If you have any other problems / questions meanwhile, also feel free to post them here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 02:35

Just finished installing everything per your instructions and it works beautifully! I can't thank you enough Smile I will still have to play through the game to find out if there are any problems but will communicate anything I find!

TYTYTYTYTY!!!! Awesome Emote

//EDIT

Hey, experiencing some glitches with the ambitions package.

In create a sim when I go to pick a lifetime wish, the options that come from the ambitions expansion don't have titles to them like the others. Also random objects in the game have blank titles and info bubbles as well.

I reinstalled ambitions and then applied the fix crack for ambitions only to the fresh install. would I need to apply the fix cracks for all the expansions I have if I only reinstalled ambitions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 13:29

justicate wrote:Just finished installing everything per your instructions and it works beautifully! I can't thank you enough Smile I will still have to play through the game to find out if there are any problems but will communicate anything I find!

TYTYTYTYTY!!!! Awesome Emote

//EDIT

Hey, experiencing some glitches with the ambitions package.

In create a sim when I go to pick a lifetime wish, the options that come from the ambitions expansion don't have titles to them like the others. Also random objects in the game have blank titles and info bubbles as well.

I reinstalled ambitions and then applied the fix crack for ambitions only to the fresh install. would I need to apply the fix cracks for all the expansions I have if I only reinstalled ambitions?
Hello,

Glad you have the game working now. Your problem sounds familiar to me. This should fix it: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:18

I applied this language fix like you instructed, making sure to go through the Sims path and not the electronic arts path, but am still having issues with ambitions. When I go through create a sim, the ambitions traits are not on the list, and none of the ambitions lifetime wishes have titles or info bubbles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:20

Hello,

Please try uninstalling Fast Lane Stuff and see if it fixes your problem.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:21

I only have the base game, ambitions, late night, and outdoor living installed, nothing else

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:22

Hello,

Ah, that is frustrating. Hmmm... Do you have any CC, Mods or DLC's?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:28

Yes I do have some custom content, I will try removing it and see what happens!

Update:

I took out all of my custom content and found that fixed the problem!!!! Now to just sift through them and find the bad ones, hopefully I will track it down as there are some there that I want to keep if possible. I got rid of all the testing cheat mods I had, just keeping a few objects and patterns. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reminding me about the custom content, I had thought it all got erased when I reinstalled the sims.

Anyhow, problem solved Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top