Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 WinRAR for base game Extraction gives corrupt file error! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 WinRAR for base game Extraction gives corrupt file error! [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 WinRAR for base game Extraction gives corrupt file error! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 01:57

Hey guys,

So, I actually have 2 problems.

1. Every time I try to extract my The Sims 3.rar file, I get these two errors:

!   C:\Users\Maysam\Desktop\The Sims 3.rar: Checksum error in The_Sims_3_StartDisk.iso. The file is corrupt

!   C:\Users\Maysam\Desktop\The Sims 3.rar: Checksum error in The_Sims_3_Disk_1.iso. The file is corrupt

I have tried to repair the file and reinstalled the torrent (on utorrent) twice, the games4theworld torrent. I cannot move on with the installation as I need these two files to be mounted... and please do not give me a reply saying "follow these steps EXACTLY: must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly!!!" because I am and I'm already stuck on step one.

2. I am using DAEMON Tools Lite (free version) because it was said to be required in the step-by-step YouTube video of how to install TS3: /watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Dm1i-P4I7bc

But, it seems that the interface is different than the one in the video and a lot of the stuff is locked and needs to be paid for... is there an updated video? I'm so confused...! Help Help

Thanks for the help,
Sammay

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 WinRAR for base game Extraction gives corrupt file error! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 WinRAR for base game Extraction gives corrupt file error! [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 20 Jun 2015, 10:38

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
It indeed seems like Daemon Tools Lite was update, I have to update our Mounting Guide soon. Unfortunately I can't update the video, but I might create a new one.

As for your issue, there's not much you can do about it. Can you double-check uTorrent to see if the file actually finished downloading 100%? If it has, it'll probably say "Seeding".
If you're 100% sure that the file finished downloading, try closing uTorrent and then extracting again. Make sure to use WinRAR (and no other software). You can download WinRAR from www.games4theworld.org .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 WinRAR for base game Extraction gives corrupt file error! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 WinRAR for base game Extraction gives corrupt file error! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 11:49

Yup, download said Seeding. I just tried closing utorrent and trying to extract again, still gives me the errors! I will try reinstalling once again and will post letting you know if it worked or not Smile

Thanks!
Sammay

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 20 Jun 2015, 12:16

Hi there,

Then I'm afraid the file you downloaded has somehow become corrupt.
Are you also sure you're extracting the right .RAR file? (Not an old copy or something) Right-click on the torrent in uTorrent and choose "Open containing folder" to go directly to the file.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 12:23

Hi,

I previously downloaded the file onto a hard drive, I am now downloading it straight to my desktop to test if there was a problem due to where I was downloading it. Download should be done in half an hour.

I will do both suggestions (going to the file directly and closing utorrent completely) once its complete and will report back Smile

Sammay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 14:47

[UPDATE: IT WORKS!]
I downloaded the torrent to my desktop instead of hard drive, went to file directly, and closed utorrent completely. Corrupt file errors are gone!! Very Happy Extraction works fine. The problem must've been that I was downloading to my hard drive.

BUT I'm still completely confused about the Daemon Tools...haha. This is what I see when I open it from desktop:

The Sims 3 WinRAR for base game Extraction gives corrupt file error! [SOLVED] Captur11

What am I supposed to do now?  Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 17:59

[UPDATE: LEARNT HOW TO USE DAEMON TOOLS LITE]

Hey, clicking on Quick Mount and first selecting the Disk1 and then SIMS3 files in the torrent rar file made the two new virtual disks needed.

I guess this means this thread can now be closed Smile

Thanks for the help,
Sammay

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top