Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 After Successful Installation: Should I Update EP's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 After Successful Installation: Should I Update EP's? Empty Sims 3 After Successful Installation: Should I Update EP's?

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 18:49

Hi guys

New to the forum as I need a bit of help!

I successfully installed Sims 3 with manual MAC patch and ultimate fix using these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

When I open up Sims 3 program it loads with Town Life Stuff and proceeds into Town Life Stuff, I then exited Town Life Stuff to check other expansions worked (I only installed Town Life Stuff, Generations, Ambitions and Late Night). Generations proceeds into Town Life whilst Ambitions and Late Night ask me to update to the latest software.

My question is, in your experience, should I install the latest software on the expansions? I don't want this to affect how the Sims 3 program is currently working. And if clicking on Generations, opens up Town Life instead, does this mean Generations has successfully been installed or not?

Just to note, I only installed crack files in the # Crack folder to the Sims 3 Bin folder and I haven't installed the individual cracks for Ambitions and Late Night. Is this something I need to do?

Looking forward to some of your suggestions!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 After Successful Installation: Should I Update EP's? Empty Re: Sims 3 After Successful Installation: Should I Update EP's?

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 18:58

Install the cracks in the Ultimate Fix for every expansion that you have, in order that it is listed in the Ultimate Fix instructions.

When you launch the Sims game it will open to the lastest (chronologically) expansion you have installed. In your case, it is Town Life Stuff. If it was installed correctly that is the loading screen you should be seeing, regardless of what expansion app you use to launch your game.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top