Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues Empty Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 05:29

Hello everyone. I understand this issue was posted a year ago (almost) and that it has been solved.
But I came here because I'm having the same crash as the original author of this thread.

The most urgent question (out of many I have) is what exactly is "breakpoint"?
My game has never crashed for this reason before.

I was running my game yesterday perfectly fine. I ran it with cc and the whole deal, so I know that it was not because I added new cc or put in some new mod. I ran the game to take pictures only, so it was not actually playing for a long period. But everything was fine.

Today I decided to create a new save, so I created a complete new The Sims3 folder. I added some cc (that I have used before in other saves) this save is actually not even 2GB, I think its about 500 something MB. Anyway, its a very small save and the game should run smooth and easy. But it lagged, stuttered, and froze. Then, it crashed and gave the "breakpoint" reason. When running crash analyzer it said that there was a new update available for WA and other esp and sp... I then proceeded to patch up my game to the latest version since I had not patched up. The latest version being 1.63.
The game ran okay, it was still lagging, but it wasn't crashing... until it DID Ermahgerd

Again for the same reasons: type: BREAKPOINT
address: 0x0058d546 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0018c546

I know this person uninstalled his/her game and re-installed, but if my game was running fine one day, why should uninstalling and re-installing be the answer? It was running fine, I didn't add anything to it, and is suddenly crashing. It makes no sense.

Also, the DEP fix would work if in fact the crash was caused by a DEP issue. But it isn't.
If the crash would be cause by a DEP issue then the crash log would say under address: "unknown" but it doesnt as you can see from what I copy/pasted above.

Any pointers/tips/advices would be much appreciated. I went to The Sims forums and still have no answer from their admin on the technical support forum. I don't understand why have a forum for technical support when they don't bother to provide an answer... but never mind that. Hope you guys can give an answer, or anything that might be of help. The smallest help still is appreciated. Thank you.

Moderator edit: Topics split. Next time, please make a NEW topic for your problem, instead of posting under someone else's (old) topic. Thanks. Wink 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues Empty Re: Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 06:03

I wish i could help you, but i have no frikkin' idea.

Maybe you're running out of memory? I really don't know.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues Empty Re: Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 09:06

Hello!
What do you mean "you created a folder"? Did you create it manually? That is not how it should be done...
If you don't mind losing every saved item/game and CC and Mod, please delete the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top