Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 2 - Import Save Problem? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass Effect 2 - Import Save Problem? [SOLVED] Empty Mass Effect 2 - Import Save Problem? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2012, 18:01

Hey there!

I downloaded a games4theworld Mass Effect 2, with no problems installing and opening the game. When I went to import a save game, I was able to see the save file I wanted. However, once I clicked it, it would go to a screen with no text or anything. It would just stay there and not load, until I closed the game.

I'm pretty sure this is nothing to do with my computer being slow or anything, since it's quite the fast gaming computer. So, does anyone know why this happens? I don't think the save file is corrupted, because when I open Mass Effect 1 and play it, everything's fine.

Help would be appreciated! I'd hate to have to play the game without the import. :c

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 - Import Save Problem? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mass Effect 2 - Import Save Problem? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 27 Dec 2012, 16:42

Hello,

Yes, it'd be a bummer if that function wouldn't work. I've never used it myself, just started a new character.
You may want to try this: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/776903/5

Let us know the result, please. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 - Import Save Problem? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mass Effect 2 - Import Save Problem? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:09

Thanks for replying!

I actually did that fix before, since it was for another problem. It gets the save file to show up on the list. But, when I click on that file it still goes to the splash screen with no text. :c

EDIT: Instead of importing a save, I tried creating a new character to start the game. But, I ran into the same problem. It'd go to the splash screen without any text. Any idea why it's doing this? My computer definitely should be able to handle the game, since it plays Skyrim on full graphics with no problem. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 28 Dec 2012, 10:18

Hello,

Hmmm... Try GameBooster, please: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 07:03

EDIT: Turns out I hadn't extracted the game right, and only half of the movies folder got installed. This was why it kept freezing at all the loading screens. xD Thanks anyway! Everything works now. c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:55

Hello,

Oh, that's odd!
Glad to hear it's working now though.
Thank you for sharing you solution, enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top