Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass effect 1 problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mass effect 1 problem. [SOLVED] Empty Mass effect 1 problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 22:03

I am sorry if this post doesn't belong here, but i am new to this forum and i couldn't find where to post it.

I have downloaded your Mass effect 1 game and installed it correctly like it said in the installation guide.

I have installed your sims 3 with 4 expansions which was a much harder installation than the mass effect.

The sims 3 works, the mass effect doesn't. I have uninstalled it and deleted the unpacked files. I unpacked them again and installed again, turned my AV off for the installation, and the same message pops out:

The program can't start because XINBUT1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Please help.

Back to top Go down

Mass effect 1 problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mass effect 1 problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 04:01

Well download XINBUT1_3.dll , Just google it and you'll find it ^.^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:33

I downloaded the dll fixer, and it said it has fixed my problem. Now i get a

General protection fault!

History: Address = 0x111a731d (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x1174cf4b (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x10af5d83 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x10af61ef (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x115f1328 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x76843677 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNEL32.dll]

RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77419f15 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]

Address = 0x126ced60 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x7efde000 (filename not found)

---------------------------
OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:52

//MOVED
Hello,

Don't use those so-called "fixers".
Please completely uninstall the game using Your Uninstaller! Pro from www.games4theworld.org first. Use the "Super Mode".
After uninstallation, restart your PC.

Now, reinstall the game as follows:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 16:07

I have done what you have said without missing any step.
General protection fault!

History: Address = 0x111a731d (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x1174cf4b (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x10af5d83 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x10af61ef (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

Address = 0x115f1328 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x76703677 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNEL32.dll]

RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77549f15 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]

Address = 0x126ced60 (filename not found) [in D:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect\Binaries\MassEffect.exe]

OK

Again this message is shown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Feb 2013, 20:04

Hello,

That's odd, did you apply the "# Map Fix"?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 20:35

EDIT:

I have solved my problem:

FOR ANYONE THAT RUNS THIS GAME ON WINDOWS 7 64 BIT AND GETS THE SAME MESSAGE, JUST DO THIS:

Right click; Properties; Compability: Run this program in compability mode for: Windows XP(Service pack 3);

Other than that the Installation guide in the .rar was great. Thank you all Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 04 Feb 2013, 22:29

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for sharing your fix!
It's odd though, the game should work fine on W7 64-bit.
Glad you solved it, I'll try to keep it in mind.

Enjoy the game and don't hesitate to contact us again if you need more assistance!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male