Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED] Empty There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 02:05

CCleaner didn't work

Regedit didn't work

Restarting computer didn't work

Uninstalling didn't work

Deleting cache files didn't work

I'm stuck

Back to top Go down

There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED] Empty Re: There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 02:13

sims3hope wrote:CCleaner didn't work

Regedit didn't work

Restarting computer didn't work

Uninstalling didn't work

Deleting cache files didn't work

I'm stuck

Hello there,

I suppose you did NOT try to install a "collection" of The Sims 3, like the "BlackBox" edition or something similar? If yes, please do not use this anymore. Download the base game and all expansions separately.

OK, your actual problem now seems serious, but here are my thoughts:
I'm not sure how you uninstalled the game, but please take your time to read through this article here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

I know it may be difficult, but read it very carefully, especially the part about manually deleting the registry keys. The thing is, if you use a "registry cleaner" it may not be able to remove registry entries of The Sims 3 - which is why I personally recommend deleting the entries manually, as "old-school" as it may sound
Wink.

And I hope that you also downloaded and installed the latest Windows and graphics driver updates ? If not, this can also cause trouble. In case of doubt about your system requirements, you may read through this article here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED] Empty Re: There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 02:27

Carlos G. wrote:
I suppose you did NOT try to install a "collection" of The Sims 3, like the "BlackBox" edition or something similar? If yes, please do not use this anymore. Download the base game and all expansions separately.[/color]

~No, I did not use Blackbox and download all the games at once. I downloaded them one at a time.

Carlos G. wrote:I'm not sure how you uninstalled the game, but please take your time to read through this article here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

I unistalled using Control panel which then led onto Sims 3 uninstaller.

Carlos G. wrote:And I hope that you also downloaded and installed the latest Windows and graphics driver updates ?
How do I do this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 02:43

sims3hope wrote:
How do I do this?

In the System control panel you'll find under "System & Maintenace" the category "Windows updates". If you click on that, you should see on the left-hand side "options". Now if you turn on "automatic updates", windows will pop up on the "taskbar" if updates are available. Just click that window and select "install updates". Although this is for Windows 7, I suppose that in Windows 8 this will not be much different.

As for your graphics driver, there are big differences between different models; but search for the logo of your graphics card (on the taskbar). You may try to right-click on the symbol, then search for something like "settings". In the settings, search for "updates".
Alternatively, you may try googling. Find out the name of your graphics card model: click "start", then "run". Now type dxdiag into the search prompt. Go to the "Display" tab for information on your graphics driver. Then google for driver updates.

And again, please have a look at the article about un-installing I showed you above. It is most likely that your (automatic) uninstallation was not complete.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 02:55

Carlos G. wrote:As for your graphics driver, there are big differences between different models; but search for the logo of your graphics card (on the taskbar). You may try to right-click on the symbol, then search for something like "settings". In the settings, search for "updates".
Alternatively, you may try googling. Find out the name of your graphics card model: click "start", then "run". Now type [color=red]dxdiag into the search prompt. Go to the "Display" tab for information on your graphics driver. Then google for driver updates.

How is this done in Windows 8?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 03:08

sims3hope wrote:

As I don't have Windows 8, I'm afraid my knowledge about this is..well, limited Embarassed. But this is what I found: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm

Try my suggestion with the "dxdiag" thing. There must be some kind of start menu, and a "run" button in Windows 8, or not ?

Shocked
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 03:20

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:

As I don't have Windows 8, I'm afraid my knowledge about this is..well, limited Embarassed. But this is what I found: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm

Try my suggestion with the "dxdiag" thing. There must be some kind of start menu, and a "run" button in Windows 8, or not ?

Shocked
There is no "Start" or "Run menu" There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED] 2830496658

//EDIT

I have Radeon HD Graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 03:28

sims3hope wrote:
There is no "Start" or "Run menu" There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED] 2830496658

//EDIT

I think you should wait for another Helper, who's more proficient with Windows 8 (I think invalidusername should be the right person for that).

I know I'm repeating myself, but I strongly suspect we are putting too much attention into the graphics driver issue. I'm almost sure that the "Uninstaller" you used in the "System Control panel" didn't do its job right.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 03:43

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:

//EDIT

I think you should wait for another Helper, who's more proficient with Windows 8 (I think invalidusername should be the right person for that).

I know I'm repeating myself, but I strongly suspect we are putting too much attention into the graphics driver issue. I'm almost sure that the "Uninstaller" you used in the "System Control panel" didn't do its job right.

Haha, don't worry I haven't really focused on the uninstalling part cause I'm positive that it isn't the problem but you as we both know you disagree.
> I first uninstalled everything using the Sims 3 uninstaller.
> I went to regedit and double checked EVERYTHING there are NO leftover files.
> I restarted 3 times.
What could've I done wrong?

I think it's my graphics card cause when I did the shortcut I got into the game well I got to the black screen and then I got the error "The Sims 3 has stopped working Windows will BLAH BLAH.
So, I am going to assume that the game can't play if the graphic cards aren't updated right? Oh! And yes I do pass for playing the game my graphics card is a lot stronger than what is required.

Anyways I really appreciate the help you have given me thank you very much for your hard work and time I appreciate it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 03:47

sims3hope wrote:
Haha, don't worry I haven't really focused on the uninstalling part cause I'm positive that it isn't the problem but you as we both know you disagree.
> I restarted 3 times.

I think it's my graphics card cause when I did the shortcut I got into the game well I got to the black screen and then I got the error "The Sims 3 has stopped working Windows will BLAH BLAH.
So, I am going to assume that the game can't play if the graphic cards aren't updated right? Oh! And yes I do pass for playing the game my graphics card is a lot stronger than what is required.

Anyways I really appreciate the help you have given me thank you very much for your hard work and time I appreciate it! Very Happy

OK, good. If you're sure there are no leftovers in the registry, then do this: now that you've found out the name of your graphics card model, just type it into Google. With some patience Wink you should probably get to an official site (of the graphics card manufacturer) where you can download the latest updates. These updates are normally ".exe" files, so after downloading just double-click them - and the installation should start.

//EDIT
Have you actually tried to re-apply the "Ultimate fix" ? I should have asked that way before (where I am it's quite late now, lol).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 03:57

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:
> I restarted 3 times.

OK, good. If you're sure there are no leftovers in the registry, then do this: now that you've found out the name of your graphics card model, just type it into Google. With some patience Wink you should probably get to an official site (of the graphics card manufacturer) where you can download the latest updates. These updates are normally ".exe" files, so after downloading just double-click them - and the installation should start.

//EDIT
Have you actually tried to re-apply the "Ultimate fix" ? I should have asked that way before (where I am it's quite late now, lol).
Isn't the Crack and Ultimate fix the same thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 04:01

sims3hope wrote:

Well, it depends:

1) Did you update your Sims 3 game with the launcher ? Then you have to use all files from the Ultimate fix.

2) Or did you use the manual patch for updating ? In that case you only need the #crack-part of the Ultimate fix.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 04:08

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:

Well, it depends:

1) Did you update your Sims 3 game with the launcher ? Then you have to use all files from the Ultimate fix.

2) Or did you use the manual patch for updating ? In that case you only need the #crack-part of the Ultimate fix.

Mother F***** !
I used the F****G launcher!
F*** me!
Edit !
Phew~!
I don't have to!
I only have Base game (Obviously), University, Supernatural, Pets and Seasons!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 04:16

sims3hope wrote:
Mother F***** !
F*** me!
Edit !
Phew~!
I don't have to!

I hope the first part of your post wasn't directed at me ? Laughing
But OK, then the #crack should be enough.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 04:21

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:
Mother F***** !
F*** me!
Edit !
Phew~!
I don't have to!

I hope the first part of your post wasn't directed at me ? Laughing
But OK, then the #crack should be enough.
Haha NO! Razz
That was directed at ME cause I thought that I was gonna have to more work! Anyways GOOD NEWS! My graphics card was up to date the whole time. I didn't need to update it or anything. Now as for leftover files where else should I check. And where the hell is this file And this log? I need this to work today you don't understand!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 04:32

sims3hope wrote:
Haha NO! Razz
That was directed at ME cause I thought that I was gonna have to more work! Anyways GOOD NEWS! My graphics card was up to date the whole time. I didn't need to update it or anything. Now as for leftover files where else should I check. And where the hell is this file And this log? I need this to work today you don't understand!

OK, at least we are ruling out possible errors. A few other thoughts:
1) Go to the location of your Sims 3 base game, normally it's in C:/Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin. Look at the contents of that folder, you should now see a file with the name TS3W.exe. Try double-clicking on it. Maybe it will start the game.

2) Or right-click on that "TS3W.exe", and select "run as administrator".

3) Another possibility is that this "EA Download Manager" thing causes problems. If you have that, try uninstalling it. Then (re-) download it an re-install it. However, I haven't done that myself
Embarassed (my sister actually did). So you might have to google for further information on that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 04:46

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:
Haha NO! Razz

OK, at least we are ruling out possible errors. A few other thoughts:
1) Go to the location of your Sims 3 base game, normally it's in C:/Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin. Look at the contents of that folder, you should now see a file with the name TS3W.exe. Try double-clicking on it. Maybe it will start the game.

2) Or right-click on that "TS3W.exe", and select "run as administrator".

3) Another possibility is that this "EA Download Manager" thing causes problems. If you have that, try uninstalling it. Then (re-) download it an re-install it. However, I haven't done that myself
Embarassed (my sister actually did). So you might have to google for further information on that.

When I clicked on TSW.exe I get "The Sims 3 has stopped working blah blah blah error. I don't think I have EA download manager. Only Origin. I think EA DM is outdated.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 04:53

sims3hope wrote:

When I clicked on TSW.exe I get "The Sims 3 has stopped working blah blah blah error. I don't think I have EA download manager. Only Origin. I think EA DM is outdated.

Maybe you could try updating this Origin/EADM thing (I'm not sure, but maybe they're the same anyway). But there is this: in the system control panel, under "system & maintenance" you'll find the category "Windows firewall" - and on the left again something like "settings". You might want to try playing around with that - and try adding that Origin/EADM to the exceptions to the firewall. Or you could just turn off the firewall while playing The Sims 3.

But to be honest, I'm slowly running out of ideas
Embarassed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 05:13

Goodnight Carlos, we will continue this in the morning but for now I need some shut eye. Once again thank you for your time! It is greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 06:35

sims3hope wrote:Goodnight Carlos, we will continue this in the morning but for now I need some shut eye. Once again thank you for your time! It is greatly appreciated!

Maybe one last thing (again, I should have asked this at the beginning Embarassed); have you already looked at the suggestions in this topic here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

Especially #2 ("Data Execution Prevention"), #3 (Assigning more RAM memory to the game) and maybe #6 too can be useful.

As for the #2 (DEP): although the descriptions are for Windows Vista & 7, maybe you can find the right options in Windows 8 too.
And about #3: after downloading the patch and starting it, you need to select the TS3W.exe in C:/ Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin (= the base game location).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 11:55

Ok, haven't run the Sims 3 on my Windows 8 yet, but it seems to be pretty freaky with security, even more than 7...
Try to run as admin (go to the app panel, and drag the app down a little for settings, then click on run as admin). That way, we'll see if it is a Windows problem or a game problem...
And since your game stops working maybe add it to the DEP(see here, step 2). And try uninstalling Bitdefender 2013 (or stopping it when running the game).

Oh, and just so you know Carlos, no start menu on Windows 8 anymore, but Run still exists with the Win+R command...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 11:57

Shamrock wrote:Ok, haven't run the Sims 3 on my Windows 8 yet, but it seems to be pretty freaky with security, even more than 7...
Try to run as admin (go to the app panel, and drag the app down a little for settings, then click on run as admin). That way, we'll see if it is a Windows problem or a game problem...
And since your game stops working maybe add it to the DEP(see here, step 2). And try uninstalling Bitdefender 2013 (or stopping it when running the game).

Shamrock, that's what I already told her to do somewhere above, and it supposedly didn't work Wink, except the thing with the Anti-virus.

Maybe it's really a Windows 8-related issue.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 25 May 2013, 12:01; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 12:00

Oh yeah, sorry, for the DEP you already suggested, but she hasn't replied, so maybe she hasn't tried it yet...
And definitely try to uninstall Bitdefender 2013, seems to be an issue with The Sims 3 in Windows 8.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 14:46

Shamrock wrote:Oh yeah, sorry, for the DEP you already suggested, but she hasn't replied, so maybe she hasn't tried it yet...
And definitely try to uninstall Bitdefender 2013, seems to be an issue with The Sims 3 in Windows 8.

I don't have bitdefender and as for DEP I can't even get into the game. This is a launcher issue rather than crashing. I'm starting to panic. I had this error awhile ago but it was resolved simply by deleting my cache files. I have already done this multiple times. And my game was working wonderfully before but I had to reinstall due to service initialization error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 14:51

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:Goodnight Carlos, we will continue this in the morning but for now I need some shut eye. Once again thank you for your time! It is greatly appreciated!

Maybe one last thing (again, I should have asked this at the beginning Embarassed); have you already looked at the suggestions in this topic here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

Especially #2 ("Data Execution Prevention"), #3 (Assigning more RAM memory to the game) and maybe #6 too can be useful.

As for the #2 (DEP): although the descriptions are for Windows Vista & 7, maybe you can find the right options in Windows 8 too.
And about #3: after downloading the patch and starting it, you need to select the TS3W.exe in C:/ Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin (= the base game location).

Sorry about flipflopping everywhere were just all over the place! but I already tried that (clicking TSW.exe in the base game file but when the black screen in the very begging starts to load it says "The Sims 3 has stopped working Windows will notify you a solution [The hell it will!!]
And as for DEP how would this help for a log file? I am open up o any solution but I am curious as to how this would help! I hope I don't sound like I am back sassing you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top