Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woodfire oven and Japanese grill does not work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Woodfire oven and Japanese grill does not work. [SOLVED] Empty Woodfire oven and Japanese grill does not work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 03:22

Hello. I downloaded both the woodfire oven and & the japenese grill. Both do not work. There is no interaction for the oven & the grill only has the "toggle" etc interactions but the sim can not cook. I downloaded & installed the store fixes as well as KT's fixes. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Help would be much appreciated Surprised

Back to top Go down

Woodfire oven and Japanese grill does not work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Woodfire oven and Japanese grill does not work. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:29

Hello,

Only use 1 set of store fixes to start with. Our store fixes are the same as KT's, only they've all been decrapped, so I recommend using those.
Also, place new objects after installing a fix, it's possible that existing objects remain unaffected by fix packages.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Woodfire oven and Japanese grill does not work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Woodfire oven and Japanese grill does not work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 17:37

Also, do you use .Sims3Packs or .packages? If you use both, you should apply the store fixes accordinly for .Sims3Packs and .packages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 18:32

Thanks for the replies. I use both Simpacks and packages. I will try the solutions & get back to you today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Jan 2013, 19:49

Hello,

Please do so. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 04:03

Still wont work. Not sure what to do now? I tried uninstalling those items and then installing the fixes. I know I am missing something.?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:07

Hello,

Are you sure you followed the instructions to the letter?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 04 Jan 2013, 14:28

Hello,

Maybe you can post screenshot(s) of the folder(s) where you copied the "Store Fixes" to?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jan 2013, 16:06

Hi

I thought I followed the instructions. I'll try again. I'll also post a screen shot later.

Thank you for the quick responses Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 04 Jan 2013, 16:23

Hello,

You're welcome!
And please do so.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 02:50

Something is still wrong. I even installed the new nursery set and that works but the wood oven is a no go. I know I am missing a step. Not to sound stupid... but how do I completely uninstall the wood oven so I can re-install it & maybe it can work correctly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 03:37

If you have the wood over installed as a .Sims3Pack, just find it in the launcher under Installed Content, and click uninstall. However, it is most likely together with the Monte Vista world, so I would assume you have to uninstall the whole world and then install it again (so if you have save files, back them up!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 19:43

I have uninstalled and re-installed these items twice and they still do not work. So I am giving up. Its probably a glitch for me.

Thank you for the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 04:15

Finally got these to work. Woo!
Thank you Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 16:53

RockSteady22 wrote:Finally got these to work. Woo!
Thank you Hammertime

How did you end up doing that? Mine still won't work after applying the store fixes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 19:44

There was an old fix package in one of my files that I just noticed (shame on me).. so I took it out and that seemed to do the trick. I suggest looking into your folders and making sure there are no old fixes, etc...anything that shouldn't be in there. Maybe that might help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 20:02

RockSteady22 wrote:There was an old fix package in one of my files that I just noticed (shame on me).. so I took it out and that seemed to do the trick. I suggest looking into your folders and making sure there are no old fixes, etc...anything that shouldn't be in there. Maybe that might help.

Alrighty, I'll try that out, even though I just reinstalled all the torrents Laughing
If you wouldn't mind me asking (because I'm pretty dense sometimes..) what files did you delete?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:58

RockSteady22 wrote:There was an old fix package in one of my files that I just noticed (shame on me).. so I took it out and that seemed to do the trick. I suggest looking into your folders and making sure there are no old fixes, etc...anything that shouldn't be in there. Maybe that might help.

bears20 wrote:
Hello,

Glad to hear you found the problem; thank you for sharing the solution.
Enjoy your game now and please let us know if you need more assistance! Woodfire oven and Japanese grill does not work. [SOLVED] 611149516

Alrighty, I'll try that out, even though I just reinstalled all the torrents Laughing
If you wouldn't mind me asking (because I'm pretty dense sometimes..) what files did you delete?
If you reinstalled all the torrents, there shouldn't be any leftover files in the "Documents" folder anyway.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top