Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CANNOT locate disk 1????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CANNOT locate disk 1???? Empty CANNOT locate disk 1????

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 05:20

Okay, so i'm new here, plus i'm not computer savvy, so please bare with me....

I've been downloading sims 3 and i came upon the part where it says to insert disk one....so i hit browse....and i can't find a thing.

"7. When, during Installation, the Istallation asks for Disk 1, click 'Browse' and select the
StartDisk you have Mounted. (NOTE: In 'My Computer' or 'Computer' the StartDisk is
called 'SIMS3')"

There is nothing in there that has "SIMS3". So i came on here, have been reading other peoples problems & have been trying every answer they've gotten as well! I've mounted both images, i've added virtual drives....everything. I have no idea what to do and i'm so frustrated. If anyone has any idea please help me out Sad
:newfag:

Back to top Go down

CANNOT locate disk 1???? Empty Re: CANNOT locate disk 1????

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 05:24

I've seen this error a few times, though I've not had any experience with it. Do you have teamviewer so I can see what's going on, and possibly fix this issue with you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 04 Jan 2013, 13:47

Hello,

First, Mount both images. When the installation asks for Disk 1, click 'Browse' and select óne of the two Mounted Images. If you get an error, just click the other image you Mounted. When the Installation asks for Disk 2, do the same. The installation should go on now.
If you still don't understand the above, please watch our Installation Video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm1i-P4I7bc
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top