Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do I suddenly get a lot of ghosts? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why do I suddenly get a lot of ghosts? [SOLVED] Empty Why do I suddenly get a lot of ghosts? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 21:57

Hi!

I just moved to a new house and all of a sudden, I noticed there were around 5 ghosts inside my house... affraid I've never had this happen before. They hang out there and eat the food or use the MultiTab or sleep or whatever...
Basically they stay there after a while then disappear and then come back the next day. Shocked

I'm wondering what could cause this? I don't mind ghosts but 5 at a time is kinda annoying and they eat all my food! lol! Anybody got an idea why? And how do I get rid of them? Thanks so much as always! bounce

Back to top Go down

Why do I suddenly get a lot of ghosts? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why do I suddenly get a lot of ghosts? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 22:36

DId you get a notice saying your lot was haunted?

Back to top Go down

Why do I suddenly get a lot of ghosts? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why do I suddenly get a lot of ghosts? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 22:09

nope... no notice... the house i moved into is custom... and i edited it before moving my sims in so for sure no gravestones.
it was weird, like maybe a few minutes after moving in, the ghosts were suddenly at my door like in a pack, then went in and hung out... i also didn't get the "Ask Everyone To Leave" or "Ask To Leave" option...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:40

Hello,

Definitely no urns or gravestones? Perhaps something else that attracts them.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 20:19

Nope, no urns or gravestones... I didn't put any when I was renovating the house... But I did put a few Gnomes of the Darned now that I think about it... I don't exactly know what they do except for change colors and move around....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:15

Someone aint put the gravestones underground have they, basement or something?

happened to me on a download once

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Jan 2013, 21:42

Fields wrote:Someone aint put the gravestones underground have they, basement or something?

That is what I was thinking, yes.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 11 Jan 2013, 19:56

Lady ElDi wrote:
Fields wrote:Someone aint put the gravestones underground have they, basement or something?

That is what I was thinking, yes.

Theoretically it is possible that these 5 ghosts come from a nearby lot (or even a lot which is farther away) Shocked. I had a similar problem in Hidden Springs, where the ghost of a Butler (from opposite my house) came over to my lot every now and then...
You could prepare some ambrosia too - and after the ghosts turn into real Sims try kicking them out Laughing

But if you say that the ghosts "visit" you every day, I'm not sure if the "resetsim"-cheat will help in your case..maybe this whole thing is a glitch ?
I'm not too familiar with the NRAAS-mods, but maybe some of them can help (Overwatch, Storyprogression ?).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 11 Jan 2013, 20:25

Hello,

If the ghosts are a nuisance, they can be send home with Master Controller but they can just as easily come back the next day.
Total annihilation is another option, that'll get rid of them for good.
Both options are available from the MC interactions on individual sims.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 00:02

Actually, I do have to check the basement for gravestones... I didn't really get to check that area while renovating...

And I don't have NRAAS or MC mods, yet... I've yet to get familiar with them... But before anything else, I'll try removing the Gnomes of the Darned from my lot, it could be that since I noticed the ghosts kind of huddle around them first before going in...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 00:17

@title, Sounds like you should keep your finger off the trigger... yeah that was a terrible joke.

Anywho, could be just your neighbors, are you playing in Moonlight Falls? That hood is full of ghost habitants.

Or maybe it's full moon? Ghosts tend to go beserk then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 15:29

I'm playing in Sunlit Tides... This house I got has got a lot of weird little glitches... Too much CC I suppose.

Anyhoo, it was the Gnomes of the Darned after all! lol! Mystery solved Those little buggers! I took them out and put them in my family inventory and the ghosts disappeared.. Funny, I had no idea they'd bring ghosts to you lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Jan 2013, 19:52

Hello there,

Glad to hear you solved your problem.
Enjoy your game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Why do I suddenly get a lot of ghosts? [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top