Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game suddenly stops working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game suddenly stops working. [SOLVED] Empty Game suddenly stops working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 20:51

After playing for some time (I'm not sure how much time but I'd say about 20 min.) the game stops working. I installed Supernatural, Seasons, and Pets. I followed the instructions on how to install the expansions. Do I need to crack everything again after installing an expansion? 'cause I didn't crack the game after installing Pets.

Back to top Go down

Game suddenly stops working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game suddenly stops working. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Nov 2013, 21:15

Baconatorator wrote:After playing for some time (I'm not sure how much time but I'd say about 20 min.) the game stops working. I installed Supernatural, Seasons, and Pets. I followed the instructions on how to install the expansions. Do I need to crack everything again after installing an expansion? 'cause I didn't crack the game after installing Pets.
Hello,

Did you follow these tips here ? Please do: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Beyond that, try the tips here too: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you want to use the "4 GB patch" (step #3), then double-click the patch and choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location.

Good luck and let us know how it worked !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game suddenly stops working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game suddenly stops working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 21:42

There are too many things to do, I don't know which one to try!
I have a question, is it necessary to crack everything again after installing a new expansion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 19 Nov 2013, 23:36

Baconatorator wrote:There are too many things to do, I don't know which one to try!
I have a question, is it necessary to crack everything again after installing a new expansion?
Hello,

As Carlos said and provided, you need to follow the steps located here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

The steps provided in that link should fix any game-related issues you're having.  And to answer your question, yes, you need to reapply the Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch after installing any expansion packs - even if you've 'already applied them' before.  Keep in mind that if you have a save game and intend on adding another expansion, you need to back up your save data.

Happy Simming!   The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 15:54

Ok, that may be the problem. I didn't reapply the fix. I'll do that now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2013, 17:15

Thanks Sephy for jumping in ! Smile

Indeed, every time you add another expansion or stuff pack, you should re-apply the manual patch first (step #2 in the "must-read-guide"). Then download the Ultimate fix (step #3) and apply it correctly (step #4).

If that doesn't work, let us know so that we might try other things !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2013, 17:23

The game works perfectly now! Very Happy Thank you guys!

Moderator edit: good to hear that ! Feel free to open a new topic if you run into other problems. Happy simming ! This is closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top