Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezing/crashing to desktop after moving in to property

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezing/crashing to desktop after moving in to property Empty Game freezing/crashing to desktop after moving in to property

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 16:07

Hi,

I've followed all the guides for how to install game/expansions and the ultimate fix. Also have tried Step 2 from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012, but it still freezes and crashes to desktop after I purchase a property and move my sims in. Also tried reducing all the graphics settings to the lowest.

I have all the system requirements for the game, and according to can you run it, I should be able to run it "fast".

Have windows 7, 64 bit.

Have the base game, generations, high-end loft stuff, master suite stuff, pets, town life stuff installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

EDIT: I just tried to control a house with a family already present and it worked fine, with no crash. I then tried to build on a vacant lot and move my family in, but it crashed again. Can't play the game Sad

I guess I could try and uninstall and reinstall, but preferably not, as it takes quite some time and I followed all the steps on the forum.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Game freezing/crashing to desktop after moving in to property Empty Re: Game freezing/crashing to desktop after moving in to property

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:06

Hello,

Uninstalling is the last thing you should do. We don't recommend it until everything else has been tried.

Are you using mods/cc?
Tried any of the other options from that post?
You're using game version 1.47? Open the launcher and hover your mouse pointer over the basegame icon in the lower left corner to find the correct value.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Game freezing/crashing to desktop after moving in to property Empty Re: Game freezing/crashing to desktop after moving in to property

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 15:50

Hi, thanks for the reply.

No mods or CC.

Didn't try any other points as they applied to either lower RAM/Graphics card/system requirements, which are all fine on my laptop.

Yeah I am currently using version 1.47.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:23

Hello,

Try Razer's GameBooster, just to be sure: http://www.freenew.net/windows/game-booster-3-1/544431.htm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 05:15

Thanks. I'll give that a shot soon.

At the moment I have figured out I can move in to an empty lot and build from there, so at least that is a temporary fix

Also, instead of opening a new thread I thought I'd ask here.

Is there anyway to prevent the game from freezing when using Alt+Tab and minimising the game?

I found this "If you uninstall HELS and then reinstall it, letting it patch ONLY to 3.03 instead of 3.17, this problem is resolved."

But when I installed HELS, I didn't update, I just used the manual patch to update everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 18 Jan 2013, 06:20

Actually, it's recommended not to do that, or any other form of minimization. It divides the attention from the game, and actually causes problems while playing. Usually crashing.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top