Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezing and crashing, help? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezing and crashing, help? [SOLVED] Empty Game freezing and crashing, help? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 21:52

Hey g4tw! First of all, just wanted to say great job and thank you both for your uploads and your support with the sims!

I'm having a freezing/crashing issue with my sims. I'll be playing for a while, sometimes a long time, sometimes not, and then it just freezes and gives me "The sims 3 has stopped working, we are looking for a solution, etc". I have the Sims crash log analizer, and according to it it says it is a custom content error. The thing is, I haven't installed any recently. I do have a decent amount of it, (1.5gb) but 99.9999% is from this site, so it's trustworthy. I've also noticed that my game is more prone to crash in any neighborhood that isn't Sunset Valley.

I've tried many, many, MANY things over the course of time. My computer is very clean and organized, I have a cooler for it so it won't overheat, I have tons of free space, I've tried the DEP thingy, I've tried re-installing, I add my cc one by one and test it as I go, etc. I just don't know what to do!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Game freezing and crashing, help? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezing and crashing, help? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 08 Feb 2013, 21:20

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Too much CC can also cause problems though.
Try GameBooster first, please: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Game freezing and crashing, help? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezing and crashing, help? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Feb 2013, 00:06

No problem! I actually already use that, and I also dissconnect the internet whenever I play... The crashing has stopped a bit, but the lagging has got worse Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 09 Feb 2013, 11:48

Hello,

Look here for possible fixes.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 10 Feb 2013, 20:40

Hello,

On a side note: there's no need to disconnect from the internet when playing the game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:52

Well, for some odd reason, without the internet my game crashes less...

Anyway, I got game booster and ended up playing without cc by checking it off the launcher. The lagging stopped immediately, and it only crashes once my computer starts to get a bit hot. At least I can play now, I guess I'm going to have to go trhough all my cc again and get rid of some stuff Sad *sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:54

Hello,

CC tends to cause problems now and then.
It's best to put them back in groups of like 10 and then test the game each time to see if one of those 10 items is causing the issue.
Filter out the "corrupt" ones this way.

Good luck, enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Game freezing and crashing, help? [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top