Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preventing expansion greying out issue?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preventing expansion greying out issue?[SOLVED] Empty Preventing expansion greying out issue?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 06:05

Hello, guys!

This is me again.

Got another problem in sight, in fact.

It never ever ahppened to me, but since 70s, 80s and 90s stuff, it does, not always, but it does sometimes. And it really pisses me off.

I installed the latest stuff pack, then I installed the 1.48 game patch. Finally, I put the Ultimate Fix crack in the Sims 3 game folder in programs, then I started the game.

What did I get? The 70s, 80s and 90s stuff loading screen wasn't on there. In fact, it had rollbacked to the base game loading screen! I turned off the game to find that EVERY SINGLE expansion and stuff pack had greyed out in the game laucher.

I went very angry and my face fell pretty bad. I hate provocation and hypocrisis. I hate being provocated, and when humans do, I punch them hard. I let my fists tdo the talking. yet, a PC wouldn't understand my punch's message, and i tried to steady myself.

I did it, then tried to reinstall, and there comes the stupidity: the games were ALREADY INSTALLED BECAUSE THE SETUPS ALL SAID ''YOU WANT TO UNINSTALL THE GAME?'' Another wave of pure fury overwhelmed me and I went outside for a nice cigarette before coming back in front of the screen, eager to settle this.

After the complete reinstall of everything, it worked.

Now, I need explanations. What did this greying out and how to prevent this?

Thanks in advance.

Kabiru

Well, now there's another problem.

The 70s, 80s and 90s stuff pack just DON'T WANT to stay in the game. The launcher says the game is uninstalled, yet, the game is in the program files. What's going on?

What should I do? Any help is appreciated!

Kabiru

I tried using Hexorcist's Registry Helper. The program says that 70s, 80s and 90s stuff registry key isn't valid. Yet, I've just reinstalled the game right before. What's going on??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! With highly kind and polite regards,

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Preventing expansion greying out issue?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Preventing expansion greying out issue?[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 22:33

Hello,

Try step 2: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Re-download the manual patch and then apply it. Do the icons show up again afterwards?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Preventing expansion greying out issue?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Preventing expansion greying out issue?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 23:50

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

Well, I'm reinstalling the game and everything that comes with it (EPs, SPs and EA CC). I've uninstalled everything last night because I thought there was some corrupt in my sims 3 files.

I'm redownloading the Manual Update, Admin. I'll aply it as soon as everything is reinstalled. Once the manual patch is installed, I'll put on the ultimate fix who is avaible with 1.48, then finally reinstall the EA Store Stuff. This last step shall take me all evening, because I must do it 20 items at a time to prevent memory corrupting.

I'll reply as soon as I see if everything's going all right. If there is still an issue. Don't worry, you'll know it soon enough as I'll call for aid to you.

Thanks a lot, and let's cross fingers for hope.

With highly kind and polite regards,

Kabiru Touray

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 26 Jan 2013, 12:52

Hello,

Good to hear it works.
Don't hesitate to let us know if you need help.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top