Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion Pack Disk Image Issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion Pack Disk Image Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Expansion Pack Disk Image Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:12

Okay, so I've been trying to install some of the expansion packs. And by some, I mean all. Most of them have installed with no issue, but others ask for a disk and a specific file path/file. The games are Late Night, Pets (fixed), Showtime, University Life, World Adventures, and 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff. 

I have the store-bought version of the base game, if that matters. I have looked on the forum for a fix to the disk issue, and they all say to mount the image file found in the unzipped folder. 

Well, I can't find an image file of any kind in these folders, so I created ISOs of each whole unzipped folder and mounted those, thinking it would work. It still asks for the certain file directory, and I try to point it there, but the specific folders don't have any files in them, or don't have all of the folders shown in the filepath. 

For example, the directory Late Night asks for is F:\Support\Readme\en\en_EULA.rtf on the disk (virtual drive F:\ ). However, in the normal explorer window (as well as the browsing window in the installer) the path only goes to F:\Support\Readme with Readme being empty. I would attach a picture of the installer windows, but it won't let me.

Is this just an issue of the wanted files (and possibly more) being missing, or some other problem like the original image not being there in the first place?

Back to top Go down

Expansion Pack Disk Image Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansion Pack Disk Image Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:21

asminja wrote:Okay, so I've been trying to install some of the expansion packs. And by some, I mean all. Most of them have installed with no issue, but others ask for a disk and a specific file path/file. The games are Late Night, Pets (fixed), Showtime, University Life, World Adventures, and 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff. 

I have the store-bought version of the base game, if that matters. I have looked on the forum for a fix to the disk issue, and they all say to mount the image file found in the unzipped folder. 

Well, I can't find an image file of any kind in these folders, so I created ISOs of each whole unzipped folder and mounted those, thinking it would work. It still asks for the certain file directory, and I try to point it there, but the specific folders don't have any files in them, or don't have all of the folders shown in the filepath. 

For example, the directory Late Night asks for is F:\Support\Readme\en\en_EULA.rtf on the disk (virtual drive F:\ ). However, in the normal explorer window (as well as the browsing window in the installer) the path only goes to F:\Support\Readme with Readme being empty. I would attach a picture of the installer windows, but it won't let me.

Is this just an issue of the wanted files (and possibly more) being missing, or some other problem like the original image not being there in the first place?

Hello,

OK, I guess the most obvious solution would be basically to extract all contents of the .ISOs (I assume some of your downloads are .ISO files ?) to empty folders, and then running the "setup.exe" or whatever it's called.

But I suggest you download ALL Sims 3 games from "Games4TheWorld", available here: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

All of these Sims 3 Downloads are in the .RAR file format; just use WinRAR -and only WinRAR!- to extract them to empty folders (of course, one folder for each expansion). Then run the setup.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Expansion Pack Disk Image Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansion Pack Disk Image Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:36

All of my downloads are originally .rar files from games4theworld, except for the base game, which I have the disk for. Should I download the base game from games4theworld and use that instead of my copy? I'm not sure what difference it will make, since I've had no issue with most of the downloads.

First I tried just running the setup from the extracted .rar folder, and it gave the disk error, which is why I made the ISOs to begin with (using the Folder2iIso utility). The extracted .rar folder is also missing the needed files. Could it be that I just have to redownload these expansions (that were somehow incomplete) and try again?

Thanks for helping, and I hope this makes sense. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:43

asminja wrote:All of my downloads are originally .rar files from games4theworld, except for the base game, which I have the disk for. Should I download the base game from games4theworld and use that instead of my copy? I'm not sure what difference it will make, since I've had no issue with most of the downloads.

First I tried just running the setup from the extracted .rar folder, and it gave the disk error, which is why I made the ISOs to begin with (using the Folder2iIso utility). The extracted .rar folder is also missing the needed files. Could it be that I just have to redownload these expansions (that were somehow incomplete) and try again?

Thanks for helping, and I hope this makes sense. Very Happy

OK, my mistake, I just assumed that some of your downloads were not from G4TW.

Yes, you might try re-downloading the base game and/or expansions which seem to cause trouble. This is strange, because I never had to "mount a disc" during installation, but alright.

By the way, although it doesn't directly relate to this problem here: once you manage to install the expansions you want, NEVER use the cracks that are included in the expansions, only use the "Ultimate fix".

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:00

Okay, I will try that. I think the disk issue came up because the files were missing. The installer maybe guessed they were in some other location, such as a disk. That's what my guess is, so I'll redownload them and see if that works. It's going to take a while, since it was six different expansions.

Yep, I have the ultimate fix downloaded and ready for whenever I get everything installed. The main *READ THIS PAGE* instructions are a lot easier than the obsolete, often-conflicting instructions that come with the files.

I appreciate the help, and I'll report back whenever I get this fixed (probably in the next couple days - my download speeds aren't too great).

//EDIT

Good news! 

When I was deleting the extracted folders, I decided that before I spend days redownloading all of the files, that I would try extracting the .rar files again just in case that's where the problem came from. And it worked! So I guess if anyone has this issue they can look at this little thread to see that all they have to do is re-extract their .rar files and the missing folders/files should be there and working! Expansion Pack Disk Image Issue. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Helper edit: Alright, then. I interpret this as "problem solved". Ok, happy simming ! I will close this now.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top