Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues Empty Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 20:03

I have downloaded, installed, cracked and fixed many of your Sims 3 expansions and I decided to just purchase and digitally download Sims 3 University Life on Origin. When I try to install, it says it is unable to continue because Sims 3 is corrupt or not installed properly. Is there any way around this? I'm so frustrated that I just wasted $40 and six hours of just waiting.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 20 Mar 2013, 14:56

Cracking is unnecessary. If you go here and follow the steps exactly, you'll be set.

I advise you to uninstall everything and perhaps reinstall. DO NOT CRACK ANY GAME. Go through the process of installing everything (ignore when it prompts you to update and/or install Origin - installing the download wizard or whatever it's called is okay, so long as you don't update your games). Once you get done installing the base game with the expansions again, install University again. Once you get done, via the link, manually patch your game (this forces the game to update to the highest update), then use the Ultimate Fix.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life Origin Issues

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 17:24

Unfortunately, I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled basegame, and launcher refuses to start. It looks like it's starting to load up, but then crashes before it loads. Not sure what's going on, but I think I just broke everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 23 Mar 2013, 05:26

You just have the basegame installed with your comment? You need to at least add a expansion to make it work, so go with the origin one, when prompted to update, allow. And try to play it then, let us know the results.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 18:34

I didn't add the ultimate fix because I have the basegame disk that I actually bought. I went in Launcher to try to update patches and things, and launcher won't even start anymore. Not even for the games that I actually did buy and have the disks to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top