Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The University Life issues with SmartPhone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The University Life issues with SmartPhone Empty The University Life issues with SmartPhone

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 15:38

I'm new here and I'm hoping I am putting this in the right place. So I've had a few issues since I got rid of Island Paradise and Ill write them in steps to make it easier to understand.

1, I had Seasons, Supernatural and University Life installed
2, I noticed you guys added a patch to 1.55 so I patched my game using it.
3, Made sure my mods were up to date, I only use Nrass story progression anyway but still.
4, I uninstalled University to make way for Island Paradise as my computer can only handle so many expansion packs.
5, I installed Island Paradise, played it for 2 days and got bored very quickly.
6, I uninstalled Island Paradise and reinstalled University Life.

My issue is though since reinstalling is that for some reason female sims just don't want to take pictures with the smartphone, its like they stand there and get frozen, I took the liberty of taking a screenshot of a random household to show.

The University Life issues with SmartPhone 2it09zq

That's the female in the household, she gets stuck like that not moving and then eventually the action at the top left just disappears.
But if I switch to the male he does it straight away without hesitation.

Something else too, if a female sim takes a picture with a female sim it works, just never works when a female sim wants to take a picture with a male sim

Back to top Go down

The University Life issues with SmartPhone Empty Re: The University Life issues with SmartPhone

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jun 2013, 05:40

From what I understand, this is a bug of the "University" expansion. You might try up-dating your game to patch level 1.55 (if you haven't done so already). Maybe that bug was corrected with the new patch (try downloading the "manual patch" instead of updating with the launcher).

Otherwise I'm afraid there is nothing else you can do. Crying or Very sad
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The University Life issues with SmartPhone Empty Re: The University Life issues with SmartPhone

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 06:30

Thank you for your reply. Sorry it took so long for mine but I've finally figured out what the issue is.

Apparently the new update 1.55 caused the glitch in University to happen, after hours of scouting on the Sims 3 forum I found several people with the same issue. So I guess all I can do is wait for a new patch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top