Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets- I'm guessing I'm being an idiot, but I can't get this to work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets- I'm guessing I'm being an idiot, but I can't get this to work  Empty Sims 3 Pets- I'm guessing I'm being an idiot, but I can't get this to work

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 17:44

:newfag: Noob <-- Before I accidentally unleash a frothing mob of angry people

So I downloaded the Sims 3 Pets from you guys on PirateBay and followed the instructions that came with the file. I did the "No disk 1 en-EULA file" fix and installed with no further issues. I put the crack .exe and the .dll into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin"
I launched it from the cracked .exe, assuming that's what it is for, and upon trying to click play it came up with "Sims 3 Pets disk not inserted."
The instruction manual had never mentioned the need for mounting and dismounting files with Poweriso or Damon Tools, and I couldn't see anything in the downloaded Pets .rar that I could mount. So I had Origin (Not linked or active or anything, as I normally don't buy anything that EA pops out) and I remember finding out that my lost Sims 3 disk had been recorded as bought in Origin and I downloaded it from there. Mkay, so I put the crack into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" folder. And I can't even launch the launcher from there now. I'm obviously being a moron somewhere here, but I don't know where I went wrong. Anyone know where I messed up?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets- I'm guessing I'm being an idiot, but I can't get this to work  Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets- I'm guessing I'm being an idiot, but I can't get this to work

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 19:27

Hello!
You shouldn't have two base games, so either your Origin location or the EA one are fakes... Please only use one or it might confuse the game.
Also, just to make sure, but when you launched from the .exe, you mean the file you copied right? Not in the Ultimate Fix folder?

To clear things up, if your OS is in English, please use this tool.

Last edited by Shamrock on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets- I'm guessing I'm being an idiot, but I can't get this to work  Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets- I'm guessing I'm being an idiot, but I can't get this to work

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 20:06

(Sorry if this is a bump)
Thanks, I had time to test it this weekend. And thanks for helping a newbie out, most forums bite my head off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 05:01

ethanwdp wrote:(Sorry if this is a bump)
Thanks, I had time to test it this weekend. And thanks for helping a newbie out, most forums bite my head off.
Did you get it to work? 

The crack is supposed to go into 
Computer > Local Disk (C:) Program Files [x86 if you're running on 64 bit] > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 (not any of the expansion packs) > Game > Bin [ here is where you place the two files here with that came with the ultimate fix which you can get here. ]

(I thought you had put it into the documents folder at first but I misread)...

There is nothing to mount it has already been done all you have to do is install (the Admin has already done all of this for you ^^)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:22

Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 23:43

i cant get my pets version to work. It doesn't have  "No disk 1 en-EULA file". that's what i kept getting. asking for whatever disk that had that file on it...but there was ISO to mount or any file of that name to use in the .rar i had. what am i doing wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 31 Oct 2013, 20:44

Hello,

Please extract the Sims 3 Pets expansion pack one more time, then use the Setup.exe file.  In other words, open the .rar file, create a folder somewhere (I prefer Desktop) and then drag and drop ALL the files from the .rar. into this folder.  This SHOULD fix any problems. 

IF not, your best bet is to redownload the expansion, making sure that is the only torrent you are downloading. This is necessary so that the torrent gets full bandwidth, just to ensure it downloads 100%! 

Let us know if this fixes it. :3
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 04:25

Tweetiebird1984 wrote:i cant get my pets version to work. It doesn't have  "No disk 1 en-EULA file". that's what i kept getting. asking for whatever disk that had that file on it...but there was ISO to mount or any file of that name to use in the .rar i had. what am i doing wrong?
You downloaded The Sims 3: Pets [FULL] right? If that is the case, please download The Sims 3 Pets fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2251-the-sims-3-pets-please-insert-disk-1-official-fix
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top