Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools. Empty The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 03:48

This comes from an official Sims 4 blog post:   

“And though pool building won’t be available in September, we do have a new Fountain Tool so you can create sophisticated landscapes. Whether you were a novice builder in The Sims 3, or an experienced pro, I really think you’re going to love The Sims 4’s build mode.”

“And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of is bright!”

This game is too rushed if they can't even include the basic life stages and freaking pools. Like come on! EA should just postpone the game until the Sims team gets their ish together. This game had better not lag and have all those crazy issues. This is the reasoning behind leaving out these things:

https://s1081.photobucket.com/user/Faith12368/media/Contest%20Pics/Capture_zpse97cfe23.png.html

The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools. Capture_zpse97cfe23

Also, there will be no create a style tool. So yeah this is not going to be good. And people are paying $60 for this?  Facepalm  Thank god I don't have to pay for this thing! Thank you games4theworld!!!!!!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools. Empty Re: The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Jun 2014, 05:21

princess1404 wrote:This comes from an official Sims 4 blog post:   

“And though pool building won’t be available in September, we do have a new Fountain Tool so you can create sophisticated landscapes. Whether you were a novice builder in The Sims 3, or an experienced pro, I really think you’re going to love The Sims 4’s build mode.”

“And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of is bright!”

This game is too rushed if they can't even include the basic life stages and freaking pools. Like come on! EA should just postpone the game until the Sims team gets their ish together. This game had better not lag and have all those crazy issues. This is the reasoning behind leaving out these things:

The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools. Capture_zpse97cfe23

Also, there will be no create a style tool. So yeah this is not going to be good. And people are paying $60 for this?  Facepalm  Thank god I don't have to pay for this thing! Thank you games4theworld!!!!!!  Very Happy

Sounds like lots of "fun", lol. Although I guess that these features will be "re-added" in later expansions. Or who knows: there may be even "toddler" and "pool" DLC ?  Facepalm . Things like that are very common nowadays: you really need to buy or pirate tons of DLCs or expansions to have a "full" game - it's all about making money. 

It's not like up until the 1990s or the early 2000s, when you simply bought a game, installed it on your PC/put it into your game console, and then played on. And yes, most likely there will be the same issues as in The Sims 3. It would be too crazy if that wouldn't be the case.  Shocked  

//EDIT

I "fixed" the link in your post too, so that it now shows the picture directly. Smile  

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools. Empty Re: The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools.

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 18:11

Thank you for fixing my link.

The base game is gonna be so incomplete. I won't start playing it until at least 1 or 2 expansion packs come out. Here are some other stuff it gonnna be missing:

1)Private schools
2)basements
3)streetcars and steamboats don’t function at all
4)teens, young adults, adults and elders are all the same height and model, so there are essentially only 3 unique models in the game (baby, child, adult)…like THE SIMS 1!

No

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Jun 2014, 08:10

princess1404 wrote:Thank you for fixing my link.

The base game is gonna be so incomplete. I won't start playing it until at least 1 or 2 expansion packs come out. Here are some other stuff it gonnna be missing:

1)Private schools
2)basements
3)streetcars and steamboats don’t function at all
4)teens, young adults, adults and elders are all the same height and model, so there are essentially only 3 unique models in the game (baby, child, adult)…like THE SIMS 1!

No

That's just embarassing.  Facepalm  But I'd like to know what is supposed to be "better" in The Sims 4, compared to The Sims 3 anyway ? The CAS, and the "intuitive" build-mode ? 

P.S. I have to admit, that I had faint hopes of "more", since EA virtually decided to stop working on patching the bugs in The Sims 3, meaning they (should) have "more time and resources" to focus on The Sims 4 instead. But the way things are looking this Sims 4 base game is more a beta release than anything else, which is not really a surprise though, in today's times.

With literally zero "fun factor" until, as you correctly anticipated, more expansions and "DLC" are released. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jul 2014, 09:54

To be honest, I'm not as worried about toddlers and pools, to me pools was just an aesthetics thing and I never really used it. I'm more disappointed at the lack of the CASt. Sure this is great for expanding their market as more people will be able to play it, but for me, CASt was really an integral part of the Sims 3 experience. How is a game enjoyable when I have to make so many compromises in order to play it?

I was going through the forums on MTS when I came across this, and I don't know how to put this in a better way:

Margaret Pendragon wrote:I use the hell out of CASt to this day for the clothes my sims wear, and most objects and textures I used to build their homes. The open world and CASt remain some of my favorite features of Sims 3. If CASt was laggy, someone else in this thread had the idea for adding an "advanced settings" option instead of having everything load automatically for those that didn't want it. Would that have been so terribly hard? Instead of just axeing ****, why not fix it and make it better? Sims 4 has almost no value in the series at all. Sims 1 was groundbreaking. Sims 2 vastly expanded our gameplay. Sims 3 brought me features that I'm no longer willing to play without. 

I really commend the people planning to buy it, but if G4TW didn't, how do I say, crack it and make it available to us? Yeah, I really wouldn't even consider forking over so much money. And I know, I'm not even going to pay for the game, not supporting the creators; I have no right to complain about this. In the end, I just want to thank everyone at G4TW for all the effort and work they put into giving us a chance to play all these games, I'm so grateful for all the support and help you guys give us even after we download the game and have issues, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 22:41

I usually buy 1 or 2 expansion packs before I come to g4tw (awesome folks). So that is why I complain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 05:57

The Sims 4 is already disappointing people before than coming out.

I honestly already had a bad feeling because the new cartoonish and because I remember perfectly what happened when they created both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. The new games were created without many features of the previous games, especially from the expansion packs.

But now they are going too far. Not even toddlers and pools, seriously? Don't create the game then. What's the point?

The new Create a Sim looks great, but other than this? Where's the game? If the game is not ready they can take three additional months and sell it for Christmas. There's no point in selling it in September, it doesn't even look like a good month for sales.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Aug 2014, 18:33

I will probably try it out from G4TW first before I buy it...just too many things I know are going to be missing that I will probably end up waiting til the expansions come out that contain the stuff I want.  Particularly self employment....I hate the 9 to 5 jobs and prefer to work when I feel like it...so writing, painting and so on. 

I also want there to be something like the age freeze potion.  That might have to come from a mod though because I have seen nothing about supernaturals in game yet.  Also a mod to remove the blur, the blur is too annoying to play with it on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 13:01

Sooo, get ready to put Children into the Cribs? I wonder how Pregnant Sims will look like...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:33

There are a few things "missing" from the game, yes, but I believe it is worth buying. This is just me, though.

I think there's a lot to expand upon within this game and there are way too many pros than cons.  

This game, I cannot wait to get my hands on. Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 20 Aug 2014, 09:54

No toddlers?  Rolling Eyes 
I can live without pools but, no toddlers?
No create a style? That really doesn't tickle my fancy to put it decently.
Well I was hoping to get my new pc in time for TS4 but, I just may install TS3 as well in case it's too boring, and have another look once there are a few expansions out.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 14:07

I was going to buy TS4 thought it was kinda a new game engine and stuff.. but with no toddlers and pools.. and the excuses they said to not include them in the base game is just ridiculous and just shows how much they want to grab even more money!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 18:54

i dont know where u got this info i aint seen it in the release vid theres toddlers and pools

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Aug 2014, 20:34

kidrock2k12 wrote:i dont know where u got this info i aint seen it in the release vid theres toddlers and pools

//MOVED

The screenshot of the OP has been taken down seemingly (by the picture host), but here you go:

http://www.thesims.com/news/neighborhoods-weird-moments-and-more

EA wrote:And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of The Sims 4 is bright!

"The future of The Sims 4 is bright" ?! Let's just see...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 03:44

I personally can't wait to see all of the reviews. No copies of the game were given out before the game is officially released. So all the reviews will be post-release. This is basically what Hollywood does when they have no faith in their movies. Has anyone watched the Let's Play by the Sim Gurus? They were full of glitches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 04:22

I am really disappointed about them not including toddlers and pools, and the CASt too - at least they could have included a color wheel. I understand that dozens and dozens of patterns make the game laggy, but colors? In 2014 we can't handle a shirt being blue instead of white?

And my biggest pet peeve is the no open neighborhood - the loading screens are annoying, and if it is anything like with the previous incarnations of the Sims - 1, 2 and 3... with the added expansions the loading screens will grow longer and longer.

The only thing I ever had that was not pirated was the Sims 3 base game, and only because it was a gift from the then boyfriend. I would not spend upwards of $50 on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 07:07

The bad thing is they said they left these major things out to improve gameplay. But the end result (the game they are shipping out) is not improved at all. In the live stream today, a sim burned to death and none of the other sims cared. One kid even ate dinner with the burned corpse on the ground. No emotions at all. Not to mention that no one was happy or celebrated the birth f a new baby. I mean come on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 15:34

I think they will make an expansion named: The Sims 4: Toddlers + Pools!?

LOL. 

For me CAS is very good. I think that's the only thing they improved in the Gameplay, and they downgrade some features. Lol  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 16:42

Well I found story progression and pools. That's all. Good night. If anyone was wondering about pics... Here:

The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools. SBYxecq
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

The Sims 4: no toddlers & no pools. QailDwV

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Aug 2014, 16:47

vgchat wrote:Well I found story progression and pools. That's all. Good night. If anyone was wondering about pics... Here:

(...)

Thank you for the input; but game installation files (themselves) don't necessarily have to mean much. We will have to see how these things are implemented in TS4.

P.S. why would EA go as far as to make an announcement that there won't be any pools then ? Publicity stunt/PR reasons ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 31 Aug 2014, 16:53

vgchat wrote:Well I found story progression and pools. That's all. Good night. If anyone was wondering about pics... Here:

[...]

What you have shown is more than likely the foundation files for the expansions of toddlers and pools. Like Carlos said, they don't mean much, unless they have been clearly implemented in The Sims 4 gameplay.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Aug 2014, 16:56

J.T. wrote:
What you have shown is more than likely the foundation files for the expansions of toddlers and pools. Like Carlos said, they don't mean much, unless they have been clearly implemented in The Sims 4 gameplay.

Yes, either that (foundation for future expansions), or it could also be that pools were "originally" planned for the base game too, but were cut out in the final draft for some reason. Often, game developers come up with lots of stuff, only to cut out things at the end, for various reasons (time pressure, etc.)

These could be "leftover" files from the original ideas...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 12:21

I think people are making too big of a deal out of this and aren't seeing it from the game developer's perspective. I for one play the Sims primarily for the character interaction, the exploration, and such. While the customization of CAS and build mode adds are very nice touches, they are not the core of the game. Think about it this way: If you reduced build mode and CAS to the low customization options of a standard RPG, the Sims would still be a playable and fairly decent series. It wouldn't stand out nearly as much, but it would be playable. On the flip side, if you remove the character interactions, the mood bar, etc... there's not really much of a game left. Just a dollhouse of colors and objects.

EA has decided to focus on the core of the game first. This is NOT bad, it just means that the Sims 4 will lack a bit of the customization glitter at launch. However, this is muuuuuch easier for them to add in later on than new game mechanics (i.e. emotions). People act like they "took out" toddlers and pools, but they were never in the game! This is an entirely new game with a new engine, built from the ground up. Because of the different game mechanics, many of the simple objects have to be redesigned so that sims can interact with them appropriately.

I don't think it was so much a choice to leave out pools and toddlers as it was a lack of time. They were low on the priority list and EA had a deadline. But based on the high demand from users and the relative ease of implementation, I promise you they will bring pools back in some fashion. I would suspect it will even be a free update, unless they plan on doing something bigger with water that the Sims series hasn't seen yet. They also specified that CASt will "not be available at launch", and they even indicated that they themselves were disappointed by this! It will definitely be coming to the Sims 4 when the developers have had adequate time to get it right. Likewise, toddlers will probably be brought back, but that would most likely belong to a Generations-like expansion.

As a game developer, you have to pick and choose what you're going to focus on. EA recognized the potential for expanding on the Sims, so they wanted to do something different that would maximize their expanding potential. By changing up the core of the game, they have made the game so much more flexible for adding content on the surface. (Pools and CASt are "on the surface", fyi). I have bright hopes for the future of the Sims 4, and I know they are going to find a way to satisfy their fans with upcoming updates/expansions.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Sep 2014, 13:03

TehCupcakes wrote:I think people are making too big of a deal out of this and aren't seeing it from the game developer's perspective. I for one play the Sims primarily for the character interaction, the exploration, and such. While the customization of CAS and build mode adds are very nice touches, they are not the core of the game. Think about it this way: If you reduced build mode and CAS to the low customization options of a standard RPG, the Sims would still be a playable and fairly decent series. It wouldn't stand out nearly as much, but it would be playable. On the flip side, if you remove the character interactions, the mood bar, etc... there's not really much of a game left. Just a dollhouse of colors and objects.

EA has decided to focus on the core of the game first. This is NOT bad, it just means that the Sims 4 will lack a bit of the customization glitter at launch. However, this is muuuuuch easier for them to add in later on than new game mechanics (i.e. emotions). People act like they "took out" toddlers and pools, but they were never in the game! This is an entirely new game with a new engine, built from the ground up. Because of the different game mechanics, many of the simple objects have to be redesigned so that sims can interact with them appropriately.

I don't think it was so much a choice to leave out pools and toddlers as it was a lack of time. They were low on the priority list and EA had a deadline. But based on the high demand from users and the relative ease of implementation, I promise you they will bring pools back in some fashion. I would suspect it will even be a free update, unless they plan on doing something bigger with water that the Sims series hasn't seen yet. They also specified that CASt will "not be available at launch", and they even indicated that they themselves were disappointed by this! It will definitely be coming to the Sims 4 when the developers have had adequate time to get it right. Likewise, toddlers will probably be brought back, but that would most likely belong to a Generations-like expansion.

As a game developer, you have to pick and choose what you're going to focus on. EA recognized the potential for expanding on the Sims, so they wanted to do something different that would maximize their expanding potential. By changing up the core of the game, they have made the game so much more flexible for adding content on the surface. (Pools and CASt are "on the surface", fyi). I have bright hopes for the future of the Sims 4, and I know they are going to find a way to satisfy their fans with upcoming updates/expansions.

Sure, it's not "bad". But whether it's worth the price is another (and the more essential, IMO) question. $60-$70 for such a game ? And whether or not toddlers or pools were "taken out" or "not planned at all" isn't that relevant either (besides, unless you are an insider, there is no certain way of knowing about things like that) - you could point out that as a "life"-simulation game, there should be essential features like toddlers, maybe not necessarily pools though.

Yes, in a way, there is room for "flexibility", if things are left out. We will have to see how well the emotions and interactions are implemented in the game.

And yes, now one could point out that pirates don't have a right to complain, and indeed, I'm personally looking forward to the expansions of TS4. But "against all odds", and despite EA and their lackeys, I'll still allow myself to complain. Just my opinion.

geek 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 22:21

Carlos wrote:
TehCupcakes wrote:I think people are making too big of a deal out of this and aren't seeing it from the game developer's perspective. I for one play the Sims primarily for the character interaction, the exploration, and such. While the customization of CAS and build mode adds are very nice touches, they are not the core of the game. Think about it this way: If you reduced build mode and CAS to the low customization options of a standard RPG, the Sims would still be a playable and fairly decent series. It wouldn't stand out nearly as much, but it would be playable. On the flip side, if you remove the character interactions, the mood bar, etc... there's not really much of a game left. Just a dollhouse of colors and objects.

Sure, it's not "bad". But whether it's worth the price is another (and the more essential, IMO) question. $60-$70 for such a game ? And whether or not toddlers or pools were "taken out" or "not planned at all" isn't that relevant either (besides, unless you are an insider, there is no certain way of knowing about things like that) - you could point out that as a "life"-simulation game, there should be essential features like toddlers, maybe not necessarily pools though.

Yes, in a way, there is room for "flexibility", if things are left out. We will have to see how well the emotions and interactions are implemented in the game.

And yes, now one could point out that pirates don't have a right to complain, and indeed, I'm personally looking forward to the expansions of TS4. But "against all odds", and despite EA and their lackeys, I'll still allow myself to complain. Just my opinion.

geek 
Exactly. I think many veteran simmers see this as yet another example of EA changing things around in a weak attempt at distracting players from the fact that A: They're being sold a deliberately unfinished game to safeguard later expansion sales and B: They're more concerned about money than actually giving fans long awaited game improvements. It's a freaking shame that my pirate game copies have worked better than my disks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top