Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you encounter issues with "saving", when using store fix files ?

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap92%Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 92% 
[ 11 ]
Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Aug 2014, 09:03

First topic message reminder :

The endless saving loop issue has been fixed in the latest version of the Store Fixes. More information: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17553-the-sims-3-store-fixes-updated-download-link

Hello all,

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Lpn47spyze8t

Are you using the latest "store fixes" from G4TW ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17313-the-sims-3-store-fixes-updated-download-link

There seem to be unexpected issues with the files, at least for some people. After some requests, I decided to look into that, as far as time allowed. After some back-and-forth, I "finally" managed to reproduce the glitch with the endless saving loop, that some of you were talking about.

That endless saving loop seems to occur when you enter buy-mode/build-mode and do things like placing doors/windows, or even placing items from "buydebug". 

At first, I didn't get that loop because I was playing in my standard username folder "The Sims 3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts), with all my old saves, a couple of mods, and virtually ALL store content (in .package file format, except the neighborhoods of course, which are .sims3pack files).

I then decided to start a fresh folder, with no saves, no mods/CC/store content. I only put in the store fix files, and nothing else. I started a fresh savegame, and promptly tried the build-mode/buy-mode. After placing windows, doors and some buydebug items, I went back to "live mode" and tried saving - and that is the first time I got the endless saving loop.

I figured out pretty quickly that there had to be something in my OLD (!) username folder, that prevented this loop, and which I have to "add" to the store fixes in my "fresh" folder, in order to avoid the glitch.

So after some trying, I managed to "somewhat" narrow it down: a possible explanation is that you need to have one or more of the store items installed, that were released between June 2009 and May 2014 (i.e. the store updates no. #1 to #60).

Because if I put those updates into my Mods/Packages folder, the game saved flawlessly again, no matter what I did in buy-mode/build-mode. Note that I already removed the store updates #61 and #62 (World of Wonder & Brunch at the Old Mill). And I did not have any of the store neighborhoods installed.

With some more testing (lol), I might be able to pinpoint the potential cause at least a little bit more precisely, which in turn can help me or someone else "clean up" the store fix files.

So again, in my case, I have put the Sims 3 store updates #1 to #60 into my fresh "The Sims 3"-folder, and the saving seems to be working fine. If I were to give an assessment, in order to avoid this glitch, you need to have one (or more ?!) of these store updates installed. But of course, this is just a very preliminary assessment, which might not be valid for all of you.... and this is where you guys/girls come in. Very Happy

Feel free to answer the poll, and give direct feedback in this thread here. In particular, please focus on the two questions:

1) Are you experiencing problems with the latest store fixes ?
2) If yes, WHAT store items do you have (or haven't) installed ? Do you have ALL store content or just a few ? Or none at all ?

Any feedback is welcome, but for now, if you are indeed having issues, I can only give you the following temporary tips:

1) If you do NOT intend to use store items (any time soon), then please remove ALL store fix files again. And delete the scriptCache.package, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.

2) You might want to try installing literally ALL store content, like I did, and especially the aforementioned updates from #1 to #60 (June 2009 to May 2014). And then try saving. 

If none of that is working for you, then I'm really out of explanations now. You should NOT expect "updated" store fixes too soon though, since this testing alone is going to take quite a lot of time.  

I hope this can clear up things a little bit. Good luck to all of you - and thanks in advance for any feedback !

//EDIT

Mac users are welcome to post their feedback here in this thread too !  Very Happy 

Last edited by Carlos on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 19:54; edited 7 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Aug 2014, 06:46

Hello again all,

I attempted to "clean up" and recompile the files, especially the Decrap_fixes one. Can all of you, for now, remove ALL store fix files, from whatever source you got them ? This is just to make sure to avoid any possible conflicts, between files from different sources. Smile  

Next, try these "temporary" fixes:

http://goo.gl/ikuzQn

And follow the included instructions, Basically, these temporary files are almost the same as the current G4TW files, with the exception that the "Decrap_fixes" file was re-compiled and "cleaned up" a bit...after you applied the files, delete the scriptCache.package file, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Then re-start the game !

While I didn't get the opportunity to playtest it much yet, I didn't seem to get an infinite saving loop in buy-mode, and I only had the Old Mill, Prism Art Studio, Indulgent Bakery and World of Wonder set installed. But try the build-mode yourself now, and see if you notice any changes...good luck for now, and keep us posted ! Smile  And thank you for your patience and interest !

Again, this is only an experimental fix !

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Aug 2014, 07:04

ok,about too give a try.Let you know how the game takes it

//EDIT

Ok,I made a fresh game and delet all the store fix files in my doc folder.And then I place most of all of the folders from my old one back in the fresh folder.Now the game is saving with no problems.But one question? I dont have pets,katy perry,supernatural,70,80,90 stuff,university,movie stuff and into the future installed.Will the Premium Content like having content from into the future.I saw a pair of white boots and make up from into the future.Other then that everything else was fine with that new store fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Aug 2014, 12:39

Morning all! - The temporary fix worked perfectly for me! I did however receive an error code 16 when hitting 'save' but it's not a problem I can't fix Idea 

Question! Will the new Last Venue of Amore Set need a fix too? Question

Thanks a bunch Carlos Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Aug 2014, 23:45

GRAVEDIGGA33 wrote:ok,about too give a try.Let you know how the game takes it

//EDIT

Ok,I made a fresh game and delet all the store fix files in my doc folder.And then I place most of all of the folders from my old one back in the fresh folder.Now the game is saving with no problems.But one question? I dont have pets,katy perry,supernatural,70,80,90 stuff,university,movie stuff and into the future installed.Will the Premium Content like having content from into the future.I saw a pair of white boots and make up from into the future.Other then that everything else was fine with that new store fix

There is some bonus content for "Into the future"  (namely the "Quantum Power Pack").

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Quantum

And this Quantum Power Pack needs store fixes too, to work properly. Other than that, I can't remember if there's anything else in the expansion. But it's good that the temporary files are working for you ! Smile  

messijessi wrote:Morning all! - The temporary fix worked perfectly for me! I did however receive an error code 16 when hitting 'save' but it's not a problem I can't fix Idea 

Question! Will the new Last Venue of Amore Set need a fix too? Question

Thanks a bunch Carlos Very Happy

Very nice ! Very Happy  And you're welcome of course. About the latest store set (August 2014), that's a good question, but I haven't looked into that yet. Let's hope that no fixes are needed...  Facepalm 

//EDIT

In the meantime, let's wait for more feedback on this ! Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 08:50

Hi to all!! cheers 

Weeeeee!! Horray!!  cheers  cheers  So happy!! That temporary fix is working perfectly fine to me!! 
 Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime  <<< I really want to dance like this because of happiness!! Laughing 

I did test the temporary fix with a "fresh Sims 3" folder and it works!! I can save without problem.  cheers 
I also tested the temporary fix with my "old sims 3" folder, with my downloaded store content and everything's working perfectly.
The sunflower is giving off the right sunlight (not that white boxes lol), I can now interact with the cow, pick the fruit of prosperity tree, etc and most of all I CAN NOW SAVE THE GAME WITHOUT A PROBLEM.  I love you  I love you  I love you 
Btw, I also tried adding my other mods (master controller, overwatch, etc) and I'm so happy that I got no problems with it.
I still don't have the all store content but once I finish downloading the items I will update you guys if I see some problems or items not working right.

Geez thank you so much Carlos as well as the people involve in making this Store fixes!!  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:18

Felai wrote:Hi to all!! cheers 

Weeeeee!! Horray!!  cheers  cheers  So happy!! That temporary fix is working perfectly fine to me!! 
 Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime  Hammertime  <<< I really want to dance like this because of happiness!! Laughing 

I did test the temporary fix with a "fresh Sims 3" folder and it works!! I can save without problem.  cheers 
I also tested the temporary fix with my "old sims 3" folder, with my downloaded store content and everything's working perfectly.
The sunflower is giving off the right sunlight (not that white boxes lol), I can now interact with the cow, pick the fruit of prosperity tree, etc and most of all I CAN NOW SAVE THE GAME WITHOUT A PROBLEM.  I love you  I love you  I love you 
Btw, I also tried adding my other mods (master controller, overwatch, etc) and I'm so happy that I got no problems with it.
I still don't have the all store content but once I finish downloading the items I will update you guys if I see some problems or items not working right.

Geez thank you so much Carlos as well as the people involve in making this Store fixes!!  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you 

Beautiful ! Very Happy  

By the way, I just downloaded the "Last Venue of Amore" set, and the "gondola" included in it seems to be working fine, so it seemingly doesn't need any extra fixes.

Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Thumbnail_688x336

Stay tuned all of you for any further updates on that; the store fixes will be updated "officially", soon (I guess). In the meantime, thank you all for contributing in this thread, and have fun ! Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 00:22

No, thank YOU for taking the time to look into the issue, Carlos!  I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 04:09

Everything worked great for me until i entered buydebug.
which i can live with!
thanks so much!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Aug 2014, 04:31

strngsimblr wrote:Everything worked great for me until i entered buydebug.
which i can live with!
thanks so much!!!!

Well, that's not good, actually...can anyone else try the "buydebug"-mode too, and see if there are any problems ? For me, buydebug, works fine...

Strngsimblr, can you try the option "Save as..." once (choose a new name for the save), and then again "Save" ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 04:37

I will try. thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Aug 2014, 04:44

strngsimblr wrote:I will try. thanks!

Also again, as I mentioned above, remove ALL store fix files, from whatever source you got them ! This is just to make sure to avoid any possible conflicts, between files from different sources. Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_smile  

After you applied the new temporary files (see link above), delete the scriptCache.package file, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Then re-start the game !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 05:32

Same here with buydebug.I went too use some items from showtime like the stage.Got the stage then went back to live mode to finish building.The game will forever loop or just crash to desk top

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Aug 2014, 06:40

OK then..

If really nothing works for you, having these issues with buydebug, then the best thing I can suggest for now is that you avoid buydebug altogether.

Maybe sometime in the future, new fixes will be released, that correct these issues, but as of now, it seems to be a common glitch...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 06:53

Sad 
ok thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 14:45

Hello everyone I love you  

I tried to put items from 'buydebug' and everything's working fine with me. 
I didn't encounter any problem when I save using 'save as' and 'save'.

Here I try making a video of it: Wink 
New members can't post link, just erase the space when you copy the URL  

http WhatDidUJustCallMe?/youtu.be /j71E7pQ5afA

Again thank you so much Carlos for helping us fix this issue and about that 'Last Venue of Amore' and 'gondola' I'm so excited and want to try it out soon I love you  I love you I hope your 'Official Download Site' would be soon fix cheers  cheers 

EDIT:
Don't want to spam (if that's what you call it) so i'm just editing this post so I could THANK YOU!! again Laughing 
For the links. Yey! I want to hug you, can I hug you? WTH I'm hugging you!! lol (where's the hug emoticon Shocked ) oh well *hugs*

Last edited by Felai on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 15:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Aug 2014, 14:55

Felai wrote:Hello everyone I love you  

I tried to put items from 'buydebug' and everything's working fine with me. 
I didn't encounter any problem when I save using 'save as' and 'save'.

Here I try making a video of it: Wink 
New members can't post link, just erase the space when you copy the URL  

http WhatDidUJustCallMe?/youtu.be /j71E7pQ5afA

Again thank you so much Carlos for helping us fix this issue and about that 'Last Venue of Amore' and 'gondola' I'm so excited and want to try it out soon I love you  I love you I hope your 'Official Download Site' would be soon fix cheers  cheers 

You're welcome. Smile  The thing with your "buydebug" sounds good, and indeed, this buydebug glitch doesn't seem to happen with all people... Shocked  If you want, you can try editing bigger (empty) lots in "edit town" mode, by clicking on the lot and then choosing "buy/build". Then, try putting some "bigger" things onto that lot, like stages or something. But if you can place smaller items from buydebug, the bigger items will probably work too, but let's see.

About the "Last venue of Amore" (and some other things), look here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17507-last-venue-of-amore-ghastly-manor-grandpa-s-grove-country-livin-renaissance-venue-the-now-then-century-manors

Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:20

Question I followed the store fix instruction and I have both package and sims3pack store content. so I followed both sets of instructions and now I have duplicate files. Is this right? or did I misread the instructions?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:25

cheybabyxx wrote:Question I followed the store fix instruction and I have both package and sims3pack store content. so I followed both sets of instructions and now I have duplicate files. Is this right? or did I misread the instructions?

Hello,

But this only means that you have the same store items in BOTH .sims3pack AND .package file format. Wink  If you are able to determine it more precisely, you may simply remove the duplicate files (preferably, look if you can determine in your .package files, where the duplicates are).

This is not related to the "store fixes". Smile  

Spoiler:

Last edited by Carlos on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 19:57; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:28

Carlos wrote:
cheybabyxx wrote:Question I followed the store fix instruction and I have both package and sims3pack store content. so I followed both sets of instructions and now I have duplicate files. Is this right? or did I misread the instructions?

Hello,

But this only means that you have the same store items in BOTH .sims3pack AND .package file format. Wink  If you are able to determine it more precisely, you may simply remove the duplicate files (preferably, look if you can determine in your .package files, where the duplicates are).

This is not related to the "store fixes". Smile  

Sorry I didn't explain this correctly. To clarify the store fix instructions say if you have items in both formats to follow both instructions and I did both but now I have duplicate store fix files both in the overrides folder and packages folder. hope I explained that better. 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:32

cheybabyxx wrote:
Sorry I didn't explain this correctly. To clarify the store fix instructions say if you have items in both formats to follow both instructions and I did both but now I have duplicate store fix files both in the overrides folder and packages folder. hope I explained that better. 

OK, in that case, that shouldn't have an influence on your gameplay though. Smile  Even if you don't have ANY store content at all, and you put in the files into both the "Packages" and "Overrides" folders, there shouldn't be any problem.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:34

Carlos wrote:
cheybabyxx wrote:

OK, in that case, that shouldn't have an influence on your gameplay though. Smile  Even if you don't have ANY store content at all, and you put in the files into both the "Packages" and "Overrides" folders, there shouldn't be any problem.

Alright thanks! I just wanted to be sure it wouldn't affect anything. If an issue does arise I will post back here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 17:09

I am still having the "buydebug" glitch...or whatever. But my game, and all content works fine without. Which I can live with until these are "fixed"
Thanks so much

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Aug 2014, 17:35

strngsimblr wrote:I am still having the "buydebug" glitch...or whatever. But my game, and all content works fine without. Which I can live with until these are "fixed"
Thanks so much

I'm sorry to hear about that, but in that case I'm (almost) clueless...however, there might be a possibility for a workaround to that buydebug glitch, which I am planning to look into, in the near future. Stay tuned for that ! 

OK, with that, I will close this thread and "un-sticky" it too. Again, thank you all very much for contributing to this thread. The store fixes will be updated "officially", very soon. Catch you all later ! 

Very Happy  The Sims Plumbob 1 

//EDIT

A small reminder, since I'm still seeing people download the "temporary" fix I posted above: there is an updated fix, here:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

You can use the one I posted above though, but if you have the "Last venue of Amore" installed (the store set from August 2014), and your sim(s) ride in the "gondola", your sims won't get a moodlet. The latest fix from G4TW will give your sims a moodlet then, when riding in the gondola.

So besides this thing with the moodlet, the "temporary" fix from this thread here and the official one from the download server are the same. Possible issues with "store fixes". [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_smile  

Have fun again !

Last edited by Carlos on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:21; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top