Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I.

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 4 Empty The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I.

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016, 20:24

First topic message reminder :

Mod edit: please keep in mind that this thread is meant for general discussion in the first place. If you need any help with technical or download-related problems, please open a new topic in The Sims 4 Downloads Support. In case of more in-game related problems, feel free to open a new topic in The Sims 4 in-game Support. Thank you!

- The_gh0stm4n

It seems that new expansion pack for The Sims 4 has leaked.

http://simsvip.com/2016/08/17/sims-4-city-life-listed-next-expansion/

Hoping it would be like Late Night. Name for EP, would probably be Get to City. *sarcasam*

I hope that it wasn't like with that world, that after turned out to be very old concept art for The Sims 4 Base Game. 

http://simsvip.com/2016/06/30/the-sims-4-base-game-concept-art-by-michael-bierek/

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I.

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 21:16

Dystopia wrote:(I'm on cell, so I can't post the pic) but a friend send me a screen of a site named  and there are a list that say that the game release It's tommorow, but for me is fake
Yeah, I found one too that states it's tomorrow (November 4th). I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I.

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 02:05

Realy excited  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 02:36

Ughust wrote:I just hope they get it cracked soon. I haven't been playing because the game is soooo boring

//EDIT

Yeah, there are indeed a lot of fakes out there. Ha, some of 'em even look convincing!

I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but don't expect this to suddenly make the game fun.

None of us pay for this game, there's a reason for that. So far this expansion in particular just looks like three new careers, a useless singing skill and some shiny new scenery. That's not enough to suddenly make the game fun. I think it's something we'll look at for maybe a week or so before getting bored again and deciding it's yet another reason why we all refuse to actually pay money for this product.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 03:12

Beatoften wrote:I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but don't expect this to suddenly make the game fun.

None of us pay for this game, there's a reason for that. So far this expansion in particular just looks like three new careers, a useless singing skill and some shiny new scenery. That's not enough to suddenly make the game fun. I think it's something we'll look at for maybe a week or so before getting bored again and deciding it's yet another reason why we all refuse to actually pay money for this product.

I'd tend to agree. I am really excited about the EP, though. I'd just like to have a reason to play the game again, because I'm just so bored of it right now. I know the new stuff will get old quick, but hopefully I'll at least get a couple weeks of entertainment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 10:03

There who likes and who is not...if you do not like just do not buy it or download it, it's really simple ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:49

ingeniosa wrote:
Beatoften wrote:I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but don't expect this to suddenly make the game fun.

I'd tend to agree. I am really excited about the EP, though. I'd just like to have a reason to play the game again, because I'm just so bored of it right now. I know the new stuff will get old quick, but hopefully I'll at least get a couple weeks of entertainment.
Same. I know it's just a stuff to do sort of pack (people on Tumblr have said it may as well be a Game Pack because there's so little), but I just crave something - anything, to make the game at least playable for an hour more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:09

The on skidrow announced releases for yesterday are indeed downloadable now.
So maybe we'll have to wait just a little bit longer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:22

Tarac wrote:The on skidrow announced releases for yesterday are indeed downloadable now.

Yes  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:30

Nixia wrote:
Tarac wrote:The on skidrow announced releases for yesterday are indeed downloadable now.

Yes  Very Happy
I expect it'll be downloadable at 7 PM est, who knows though? It might come out at noon for all we know xD That site does seem reliable though, so I guess I'll look there for new sims release dates

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:34

a bit off topic:
The Sims 4 + all DLC's , what does the abbreviation DLC stand for ?
Digital Library Collection or something like that ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:51

Tarac wrote:a bit off topic:
Downloadable Content. Like in games they have DLC which is just stuff you can download to make your game better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 14:40

Ughust wrote:
Tarac wrote:a bit off topic:
Downloadable Content. Like in games they have DLC which is just stuff you can download to make your game better.
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 14:57

I am sort of mixed about this new expansion pack, on the one hand, hey, its new stuff to do, but on the other.. I don't know if its enough to really enhance the game all that much. I have also seen there is a freezing bug going on from people that bought and installed it. I wonder if that has been patched or if this is something we might have to work around if/when we get the download. I am not wanting to be a debbie downer but I also am being realistic and researching how people are dealing with the new bugs. 

I am curious though how this new content will change things for my Legacy Challenge I have been working though. The apartments do seem cool though but the lot traits are a wee bit confusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 15:19

From the release of The Sims 2 onwards, I can only place the Sims games in the category of an "electronic dollhouse".
When you use cheats (and who doesn't, if only for some extra cash) you can start your game in the morning, go to your realtime work, go shopping, return to your home and continue playing the game. No skills required, no extra efforts as your Sims don't have to eat, do not go to the toilet, do not have to sleep aso.
Maybe that's the reason why you get bored pretty soon and are looking forward to a new expansion.
Also in The Sims-1 you could download the Magic Mirror. Once installed no more fun.

My wife used to play it almost 24/7 but she hasn't touched the Sims since Township was available on her tablet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 16:17

I will say something good about the Sims 4 though (if only to play devil's advocate), building is fun. I know there is a lot lacking (ponds, variety of objects, ect.), but for me the building in The Sims 4 is an improvement. Being able to move the whole lot or building around and change the size of a room by dragging walls is a huge stress reliever for me. That is one of the few things that make the Sims 4 feel like it its supposed to be an improvement from The Sims 3. I would say the same with CAS. 

It's a bummer to hear you can't make apartments from scratch in City Living. I loved building apartments in Sims 2 and 3. You can resize walls and stuff which is...nice. But I feel like Sims 4 should be PROGRESSING from where they were at sims 2 and 3, not going backwards. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Lot traits seem cool though! Can't wait to try those out! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 16:32

Sesmose wrote:I will say something good about the Sims 4 though (if only to play devil's advocate), building is fun. I know there is a lot lacking (ponds, variety of objects, ect.), but for me the building in The Sims 4 is an improvement. Being able to move the whole lot or building around and change the size of a room by dragging walls is a huge stress reliever for me. That is one of the few things that make the Sims 4 feel like it its supposed to be an improvement from The Sims 3. I would say the same with CAS. 

It's a bummer to hear you can't make apartments from scratch in City Living. I loved building apartments in Sims 2 and 3. You can resize walls and stuff which is...nice. But I feel like Sims 4 should be PROGRESSING from where they were at sims 2 and 3, not going backwards. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Lot traits seem cool though! Can't wait to try those out! Very Happy
I've seen that you can't save apartments either. I believe you have to delete all the room walls and save it as one big room which is kind of sad, but I guess you have what you have. Building is fun in The Sims 4. Hah, I remember when I used to play TS3 and I couldn't build at all, but now with TS4's building mechanics I can actually build without it looking like utter poop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 16:53

Ughust wrote:
Sesmose wrote:I will say something good about the Sims 4 though (if only to play devil's advocate), building is fun. I know there is a lot lacking (ponds, variety of objects, ect.), but for me the building in The Sims 4 is an improvement. Being able to move the whole lot or building around and change the size of a room by dragging walls is a huge stress reliever for me. That is one of the few things that make the Sims 4 feel like it its supposed to be an improvement from The Sims 3. I would say the same with CAS. 

I've seen that you can't save apartments either. I believe you have to delete all the room walls and save it as one big room which is kind of sad, but I guess you have what you have. Building is fun in The Sims 4. Hah, I remember when I used to play TS3 and I couldn't build at all, but now with TS4's building mechanics I can actually build without it looking like utter poop
Really!? I guess they did say you wouldn't be able to build apartments anywhere but San Myshuno. Soooo, saving to the library would be out of the question. There aren't going to be any apartments besides in San Myshuno if I remember correctly.
Haha exactly! The mechanics are generally so easy to use! Besides when I'm trying to put tiles down on a second floor room and it doesn't let me because for some reason its not recognizing it as an actual room... Pffffffffffffff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 17:20

I will have to agree about the building mechanics in Sims 4, I did love how much easier it was to adjust things and build, even if you are a newbie to building much like I was, my homes in Sims 3 were nothing short of a hot mess. I will admit that not being able to build your own apartment is a bit of a heartbreak, even though I sucked at building, I loved being able to do that. I also agree it feels in some ways like Sims 4 is backpedalling in more ways than its moving forward. It is still odd to me that teens and adults are the same height and you never have to mess with their clothing at age up, I have a lot of fun putting together new outfits for the age stages... but I won't open that box, everyone is probably sick of the lost age stages debate by now. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 20:43

Hi,
i'm absolutely hyped for the new expansion,
does anyone have and idea when it will be realeased on skidrow or tpb?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 20:57

JelleJoe wrote:Hi,
Should be sometime today from what the Skidrow site says (I don't know if the site is reliable, but so far it seems like it is)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 21:00

Ughust wrote:
JelleJoe wrote:Hi,
Should be sometime today from what the Skidrow site says (I don't know if the site is reliable, but so far it seems like it is)
I'm hoping so, yesterday at the upcoming tab it stood there, but now its gone, and also, both CoD are uploaded on the site, but its still at the upcoming games tab

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Nov 2016, 21:05

kitty10136 wrote:'Explore' San Myshuno here:

San Myshuno

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 4 Screen10

I am so excited for this expansion.   bounce bounce bounce bounce

I would hope that this giant telescope next to the observatory (bottom right) allows for some more in-depth interaction, but I guess it'll only be there for decoration.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 22:28

I wanna play City Living sooo bad, when will skidrow upload it, since he's not saying anything on his website?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2016, 23:56

LeoandSims wrote:I wanna play City Living sooo bad, when will skidrow upload it, since he's not saying anything on his website?????
I think there are a few countdowns out there but who knows...if I was Skidrow I wouldn't have a countdown. Why put pressure on myself? Then again I'm not Skidrow... and a lot of crackers like the challenge. The mystery is just one of the charms.
I've learned not to get all anxious about it. That way when it does come it'll a pleasant surprise. Although I will admit I've been checking while at work today frequently.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 00:14

Sesmose wrote:
LeoandSims wrote:I wanna play City Living sooo bad, when will skidrow upload it, since he's not saying anything on his website?????
I think there are a few countdowns out there but who knows...if I was Skidrow I wouldn't have a countdown. Why put pressure on myself? Then again I'm not Skidrow... and a lot of crackers like the challenge. The mystery is just one of the charms.
I've learned not to get all anxious about it. That way when it does come it'll a pleasant surprise. Although I will admit I've been checking while at work today frequently.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
I was checking all day, but now i give up and i'll go to sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 00:45

I was checking their website all day and, until now, nothing. Still patient, but hyped Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 03:26

Seems like they're just drawing out the release until the very last hours of today, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top