Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same Old origin issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Same Old origin issue. [SOLVED] Empty Same Old origin issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2016, 15:28

Hi! I've stumbled across the 'origin not running issue'

I think I've tried everything but would like to write here to make sure there's something I'm not missing. I'm using fitgirl's repack as I find it more straightforward and is also based on Reloaded, but I doubt that's a potential issue.

I've Moved the folder directly under C:\ and added it to AV exceptions
I've redownloaded the fix, extracted it into a folder in the AV exceptions and recopied into the The Sims 4 folder.
I've tried with origin running, not running with all process terminated, and with origin completely uninstalled (including cleaning out registry and temp)
I've tried running in compatibility mode with various different compatibilities for OSs (suggested online, imagined it wouldn't work)
I've tried with the internet not connected (also suggested, also imagined it wouldn't make a difference)
I tried the EA registry 'trick' (which also I doubts about)

I also would like to ask if you think it's something that might be solved in a future fix once and for all - in which case I'll stop trying and just wait Smile 

I know it's a tricky crack so I'm not expecting any miracles to happen! But thanks for your patience Smile

Back to top Go down

Same Old origin issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Same Old origin issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2016, 15:46

I'm sorry to say "Why use fitgirl's repack" ?
We don't know this repack and can consequently not react on any problems of that download.

I can only suggest to remove ALL previous installations and use the G4TW downloads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2016, 21:41

I originally was using G4TW but ran into the same issue, tried a different source just in case it cleared up the issue. Redownloading the G4TW versions now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 11:46

Ok, so I uninstalled fitgirl's version and cleaned the registry, then installed the G4TW version and still the same issue. I disabled the antivirus first, as there were reports of that making an effect even when unzipping the .rars, and furthermore the folder the rars were in and extracted to were both on the AV's exclusion list. So the process was:

1.Disabled AV
2.Unzipped and installed Main game
3.Unzipped and installed Get to Work
4.Unzipped and applied Ultimate fix
5.Moved The Sims 4 folder out of Electronic arts.
6.Quit origin and end all its related processes in task manager
7.Attempt (and fail) to run the game

Interesting to note is that I tried to run the main game after step 2 and it gave the initialisation error problem even when origin was not running. don't know if this is a related problem or not. 

Is this something we can reasonably expect that a new crack could solve? Or is it something that is purely purely form my end? (i.e. could waiting for a new fix, even potentially a few years down the line, be a strategy that might pay off?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 13:06

Between step 3 and 4 you should add:
Unzipped and installed Get Together.
Ultimate fix won't work without Get Together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 13:29

Sorry, I did that too, just forgot to write it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 15:07

Just because so many people seem to have problems with the Sims 4, I prepared a single download incl. all DLC's upto and incl. Dine Out.
With this download you don't have to worry about installation, fixes, updates, anti-virus etc.
No installation required. No interference with previously (failed) installations.
No interference with legal downloads via Origin - you can still use both versions (think of the Gallery).
Guaranteed no virusses, no adverts, no malware.
Just download (if you wish even on an external HDD or even an USB-stick) - Mount - Play

See your inbox/notifications.
Looking forwards to your comments.

//EDIT (Legal and pirated)
When you run both legal and illegal versions of the game you undoubtedly come to a conflict about Game Versions.
In that case just remove the file GameVersions from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
ALSO
You might find that sometimes you'll see the message about certain items that cannot be displayed because they are made by other expansions. Quite logical when you own the basegame legally and the other DLC's pirated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 15:53

Thank you Tarac. I'll download it when I have a chance and let you know

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Sep 2016, 20:11

Secretme1993 wrote:Thank you Tarac. I'll download it when I have a chance and let you know

Sorry to hear about your issues (and welcome to the forum),

In the past I used to suggest to people to re-install Windows if they insisted on playing a cracked TS4, but maybe there are indeed other methods. But just that you know: Tarac is not a team member of the forum here so we cannot guarantee for any things that are exchanged via private messaging.

Use at your own risk!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 20:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Sorry to hear about your issues (and welcome to the forum),

In the past I used to suggest to people to re-install Windows if they insisted on playing a cracked TS4, but maybe there are indeed other methods. But just that you know: Tarac is not a team member of the forum here so we cannot guarantee for any things that are exchanged via private messaging.

Use at your own risk!
Downloading is ALWAYS at your own risk, no matter what the source is.
And indeed, I'm not a team member of this forum but an Admin on a well known Dutch forum about the Sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Sep 2016, 20:51

Tarac wrote:Downloading is ALWAYS at your own risk, no matter what the source is.

Theoretically correct, but in our case, we'd like to have at least some control of what is being posted. Think about it this way: if things go wrong, who do you think is going to be blamed? Not you (of course not). The person who people consider to be "in charge" of things, so either me or the other team members. And in the end it's my call, and not yours. The forum rules are clear:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22990-forum-rules#153250

Games4thworld wrote:07.) Do not post links to non-Games4theworld torrents, filesharing or warez websites. The Games4theworld team cannot guarantee the safety of any torrent or filesharing links that are not associated with Games4theworld, hence those links will be censored by Moderators or Administrators. If you want to contribute to a Forum discussion, you should only give the name of the download and the name of the uploader of the item(s) you have in mind. However, if you wish to share an actual link on the forum, or if you feel unsure about a certain link, please consult a Moderator or Administrator for advice, wait for further instructions and also the permission to post the link. Keep in mind though that is is solely up to the discretion of Moderators and Administrators to allow exceptions to this rule in individual cases. Moreover, links which are visible in videos and pictures as well as magnet links to non-Games4theworld torrents also fall under this rule, and are not allowed either. You should not circumvent this rule by putting special characters, such as dots or empty spaces, in-between the URL of such a forbidden link.

Even though we cannot make sure it doesn't happen, please note that the "no outside links" rule extends to private messaging as well.

See the last paragraph please.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 21:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Theoretically correct, but in our case, we'd like to have at least some control of what is being posted. Think about it this way: if things go wrong, who do you think is going to be blamed? Not you (of course not). The person who people consider to be "in charge" of things, so either me or the other team members. And in the end it's my call, and not yours. The forum rules are clear:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22990-forum-rules#153250

Reason why I didn't post the link on the forum.
And if something would go wrong, I'm sure people will blame me and not G4TW as they are fully aware of the fact that it is not an official G4TW download.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Sep 2016, 21:47

Tarac wrote:Reason why I didn't post the link on the forum.
And if something would go wrong, I'm sure people will blame me and not G4TW as they are fully aware of the fact that it is not an official G4TW download.

Nice dodging, but we'll have to see. I reckon that we cannot check the contents of private messages, so we rely on hard-evidence that user approach us with.

As for the rest, my reminder above can be understood as a "disclaimer" - and maybe we might add such a disclaimer in the forum rules too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 22:40

Hi

I am aware that Tarac is not speaking in any official capacity, but thanks for the heads up Ghostman.

Do you have any possible suggestions regarding my process? Maybe some 'trick' that worked for some that I overlooked? I understand you can't honestly promote 'black magic' fixes but just in case.

Also re my last question: Do you imagine this is an issue which could potentially, eventually, maybe get patched away? Or do you think it is primarily a machine by machine problem? If it's the latter I'll try see what I've done or can do, but if it's the former it might make more sense to just be patient.

thanks a lot once again!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Sep 2016, 01:46

Secretme1993 wrote:Hi

I am aware that Tarac is not speaking in any official capacity, but thanks for the heads up Ghostman.

Do you have any possible suggestions regarding my process? Maybe some 'trick' that worked for some that I overlooked? I understand you can't honestly promote 'black magic' fixes but just in case.

Also re my last question: Do you imagine this is an issue which could potentially, eventually, maybe get patched away? Or do you think it is primarily a machine by machine problem? If it's the latter I'll try see what I've done or can do, but if it's the former it might make more sense to just be patient.

thanks a lot once again!

My assumption is (and yes, I think I can claim to have the most practical experience with the issue on the forum here) that the actual game files do not get modified by anti-virus issues. The actual execution of the game is blocked. So even if the anti-virus tells you that the exclusions "are there", the game is still blocked. Sometimes it's obnoxious (and not-so-easily-recognizable) bloatware blocking the game. Such as Lavasoft's "Web Companion" and similar downsized security programs. Sometimes it can be remnants from not-fully-uninstalled anti-virus programs.

Which is why Tarac' solution/file is not likely going to work in your case either, but I don't know.

As hinted before, in the past I suggested to various people to consider a re-installation of Windows to properly get rid of all barriers that can block the game. Of course, after the Windows setup, be careful with the "security software" that you install. Some computers have "app-CDs" provided by the manufacturer, and these discs are often filled with lots of bloatware (unnecessary software).

If you have the possibility, try re-installing the game on a different computer and see how it goes from there. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Which is why Tarac' solution/file is not likely going to work in your case either, but I don't know.

We all know that The Sims-4 is "portable" and doesn't require an entry in the registry.
When you make an iso from a good working installation-folder it is safe-guarded from any outside attack (read-only). It cannot be altered.
I have the complete Sims-4 on an iso on an USB-stick and played it succesfully on various computers without any precautions regarding anti-virus.
Simply mount the iso and play, no installation required, no fixes, no cracks.

Anyone with a presently good working Sims 4 game and a mounting program can test this. You don't have to download anything at all.
The only disadvantage is the pretty lengthy procedure in case you want to change the language afterwards.

//EDIT
Instead of an iso you can of course also use Winrar. Only problem with this would be that as soon as you start unzipping it, it will be prone to your anti-virus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2016, 11:45

Ghostman

I see what you're saying. I was hoping that you would reply because you do seem to know the most about this issue!

Incidentally, I have Lavasoft web companion. I don't need it as I have a good (purchased) web aware AV thingy so maybe, fingers crossed, getting rid of it *might* solve the issue (although don't want to be too optimistic haha Smile )

Reinstalling windows is a bit too extreme for just a game, but I see how that might solve the problem. 

Thank you very much all round.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2016, 15:01

It worked! Thank you so much! Right now I want to kiss you/hug you/buy you a beer/perform some act of gratitude which you would appreciate.

I think that must have been the issue all along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2016, 15:13

Just to help us all.
Various solutions were given in this topic.
What exactly cured your problem ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2016, 17:05

Removing Lavasoft Web companion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Sep 2016, 00:08

Tarac wrote:When you make an iso from a good working installation-folder it is safe-guarded from any outside attack

As said, my experiences are quite different, but then again we all can learn more about the issue. And wouldn't you see it as problematic if commercial anti-virus software didn't have algorithms for checking .ISO images and archive files too? Not sure, from a security standpoint that might be problematic. And yes, I definitely know for sure that e.g. avast has the capability to check archive files. And I would be damned if that didn't work on disc images too.

But no worries: virusses in .ISOs and archive files are rare, mostly because virus creators want to be as efficient as possible and use smaller executables for injecting unwanted stuff.

Secretme1993 wrote:Removing Lavasoft Web companion

I'm actually a bit surprised myself now. Very Happy  But that sounds great! Since your problem seems solved, I'll also close the thread. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again. Have fun !

P.S. and thanks, but no reason to show any "special" form of gratitude. Smile  If you like, post again here if you need more help with anything. If you don't need help, feel free to check back from time to time here, to read up on some of the articles/tutorials/guides that we post periodically. Or recommend us to friends/relatives. You get the idea.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top