Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The famous "Origin not running" issue [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The famous "Origin not running" issue [SOLVED] Empty The famous "Origin not running" issue [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 18:08

Hi guys!
First of all I'm happy to be here on the forum Smile  (aaaaand my English isn't the best, so sorry for that)
So... I downloaded the Sims 4 base game and all DLCs (everything from Games4theworld). I followed these steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31049-another-manual-how-to-install-the-sims-4-and-dlc-s#181056
I did all steps, but I get the Origin not running message.
I did read about 30 topics, but none of them helped... WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I have Windows 10 and the game isn't in the Electronic Arts folder (actually it's on another driver). Every downloaded and installed file is in a folder which is added to exceptions in the AVG. In the Windows Defender I can't add anything to exceptions (don't even see the option), because it says I use another program -> AVG. I used the "game_fitness_english.rar" as well and didn't use the Ultimate Fix, because with that I couldn't use the DLCs (if I'm right). I tryed to run it from the Bin folder (TS4 and TS4_x64) as an administrator. Ohhh, and I don't have the Origin on my PC at all. So basically all of the solutions I've read so far don't work in my situation... I'm getting frustrated. I saw some related videos on YouTube, but I didn't wanted to use them, because I wasn't sure about them and didn't want to mess up. So I ask you for help instead.

Back to top Go down

The famous "Origin not running" issue [SOLVED] Empty Re: The famous "Origin not running" issue [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 19:10

1. You don't have Origin on your computer - so Origin can't be running
2. You moved the folder The Sims 4 out of the folder Electronic Arts (not copied I hope)
3. You added it all to your exclusions of AVG (also the folder Downloads and the folder you extracted the downloads to ???)
4. You started the game from the Bin folder (so no problems with shortcuts)

Leaves us only with the remarks on points 2 and 3

Back to top Go down

The famous "Origin not running" issue [SOLVED] Empty Re: The famous "Origin not running" issue [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 19:15

Tarac, yes I did everything you wrote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 19:50

Hi,

Did you happened to have Origin installed before? If yes, follow the guide here to manually uninstall it (deleting 'leftover' data and such). If not, have you tried turning off AVG instead and see if you're able to add the files to the exclusions list or perhaps turn both of them off altogether?

You can try to copy + paste the .dll files again to your Game\Bin here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 20:15

Ageha, I didn't have the Origin.
If I turn off the AVG I still can't see the option in the Win Defenser to add exceptions and I don't know how to turn it off. There is a 'special setting', but it doesn't open... I found a "Check applications and files" part and it's turned off but I can't even turn it on, it's grey instead of the other parts which are black. 
I tryed to copy the .dll files again, but it still doesn't work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 20:57

You can scroll down through this thread here for the Windows 10 version of windows defender. If it's greyed out I think it's turn off(not monitoring your pc) ? 

Have you also tried to rename the The Sims 4 to TheSims4 (without spaces) as mentioned in this alternative solutions here? Also, when you first install the sims, did you install it at the default location or did you change it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 21:43

Ageha, yes, it's turned off. If I follow those steps I don't see the same thing after clicking on "Windows Defenser". There is a text saying me that it's turned off and if I go on "turn it on" then I go to some setting which I saw before but it doesn't turn on even if I turn off AVG. So it's like I didn't even clicked on "turn on".

Now I renamed the folder, but it didn't helped. 

When I installed it I didn't changed the default location. After that I cut it to another place when the installation guide said so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 21:57

I advice to check for unwanted interference of your anti-virus as follows:

Delete the folder Game from your install folder\The Sims 4
When you still have the unextracted download for the Game folder in Fitness ("game_fitness_english.rar"), copy it to your install folder The Sims 4
Make sure this folder is under the exclusions in AVG (or switch off AVG)
Now extract the "game_fitness_english.rar" directly into The Sims 4.
Start the game as an Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:09

Tarac I followed your steps (even turned off AVG to be sure), nothing changed WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:21

jzsuzsi wrote:Tarac I followed your steps (even turned off AVG to be sure), nothing changed WhatDidUJustCallMe?

AVG is one of those programs I would consider "bad"; so just turning the program off won't help you. If you really can't make it work and you want to play the game, consider uninstalling the AVG program, and then re-boot the computer.

Then use the files that are mentioned in the topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-31-37-1020
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:22

I'm running out of ideas now.
Just 1 left but rather drastic.
Make use of zclient/zlorigin
Let ZLOrigin repair your game (rightclick on the picture of The Sims 4)
When that's finished and you don't want to play via ZLOrigin,Take the folder from the fitness-english.rar, call it Game_Cracked and place it also in the install Folder.

You can now play the game with ZLOrigin via shortcuts from the folder Game and play offline via shortcuts of the folder Game_Cracked.

see https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31174-zlorigin-off-line-for-the-sims-4#181642 for a manual

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:36

The_gh0stm4n, I wouldn't delete AVG, because I've been using it for ages and it works well for me. 

Tarac, I don't know, I checked the link you sent, it isn't really symphatic for me... 

I guess tomorrow I'll reinstall the whole game hoping I messed up something and it'll work this time.. I'll leave a message here to let you know if it works.

Thanks for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:42

jzsuzsi wrote:The_gh0stm4n, I wouldn't delete AVG, because I've been using it for ages and it works well for me. 

Tarac, I don't know, I checked the link you sent, it isn't really symphatic for me... 

I guess tomorrow I'll reinstall the whole game hoping I messed up something and it'll work this time.. I'll leave a message here to let you know if it works.

Thanks for your help Smile
I've been using ZLOrigin for months now (Sims 2,3 and 4) and I really love it.
But it's your choice of course.

One recommendation:
Install the genuine Origin and then delete it with a proper uninstall program like Revo uninstaller as there might still be some remnants of Origin on your computer.
Unnecessary of course when you never installed Origin before on this computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jul 2017, 22:52

jzsuzsi wrote:The_gh0stm4n, I wouldn't delete AVG, because I've been using it for ages and it works well for me. 

I know what it must feel like, but then again: technology is evolving, quicker and quicker. I can only tell from my own experience back then when helping many other users through TeamViewer, that AVG is (or at least can be) a huge pain to deal with. Not saying it is 100% impossible to make it work with the cracked TS4, but most likely you will be having a harder time.

Yes, of course in the end it is your decision how to proceed. And zlOrigin can indeed be an option for you as well. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:46

Hello guys. So as I mentioned today I tried it again. I uninstalled the game and deleted everything what remained of it. After that I used another installation guide which I found on this site (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly). At the first time I used this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31049-another-manual-how-to-install-the-sims-4-and-dlc-s#181056
The steps seem to be the same, but there are some little differences. This time it worked! I didn't need the game_fitness_english.rar file. The game works perfectly, there are all of the DLCs. I guess those little differences matter a lot.
Thanks for your help again and for the game as well. 
Awesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:54

jzsuzsi wrote: I didn't need the game_fitness_english.rar file. The game works perfectly, there are all of the DLCs. I guess those little differences matter a lot.
Thanks for your help again and for the game as well. 
Awesome Emote
The instructions about the game-fitness_english.rar states:
When you have installed all DLC's incl. Fitness and still having problems moving households, because you     
skipped step 5a:

1. Delete the folder Game from your install folder
2. Download, extract with Winrar and place the new Game-folder in your install folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 17:11

Problem solved; Topic closed.

It's generally a good idea to follow the steps posted in the game forum if you're installing it for the first time or a fresh install. 
Feel free to open a new thread, preferably "in-game", should you encounter any new bugs/problems later on while playing.
Cheers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top