Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 5 Empty The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Dec 2016, 02:48

First topic message reminder :

Mod edit: please keep in mind that this thread is meant for general discussion in the first place. If you need any help with technical or download-related problems, please open a new topic in The Sims 4 Downloads Support. In case of more in-game related problems, feel free to open a new topic in The Sims 4 in-game Support. Thank you!

- The_gh0stm4n

sayiraester wrote:How do I get the gallery to work if origin cannot run in the background? Also when I click on the gallery image it just says "my library"

You have to have a legal base game of The Sims 4 on Origin, and use that one to access the gallery and download stuff. You can then transfer the items (saved into the "Tray"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), to your pirated game. See for example the discussion here to learn more about the issue:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 04:55; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 11:41

Keyenpeydee wrote:So I'm not the only one who experiences lagging. Maybe the crack is making the game lag?
I don't have the Games for the World crack but mine lags too. It's only happening in San Myshuno, could be the game but I don't know

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 5 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 11:55

Lulku wrote:
Keyenpeydee wrote:So I'm not the only one who experiences lagging. Maybe the crack is making the game lag?
I don't have the Games for the World crack but mine lags too. It's only happening in San Myshuno, could be the game but I don't know
But I've read somewhere in TS community that V 1.24 made the game lag due to too many Tray Files and they fixed it with a minor patch (Even tho we have 1.25, maybe there's still a bug). Would try to remove the tray files later and see if it fixes something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 13:15

Lulku wrote:
shindubu wrote:
Tarac wrote:
shindubu wrote:Question

Sims City Living sometimes lag, someone experience it too? I have a pretty good CPU specs (8GB ram, icore5, Nvidia GTX 1050, 1TB) but still experiencing lag?
Do you have mods in your game ?
In my game (no mods) I have no lag whatsoever (4 GB Ram, Intel I5, Nvidia 315)

I don't have mods too. It's frustrating, there's no lag at first but when you played it for hours you'll notice that it start lagging. Especially when you have big lot and too many decors. It's like playing Sims 3 Island Paradise (I removed that EP). Btw, my graphics set to ultra by default. Should I lower it?
 Lowering mine didn't help. Does yours lag all of the time or is it just occasionally when you move the camera?
Occasional. Only when switching from live mode to buy/build mode. Then when too many sims in the lot (like partying) I can play GTA V w/out any issue but Sims 4 lags. Btw, I don't have problems in the base game and other 2 EP it just occurs in san myshuno. Will try to search how to fix it maybe I just need to remove cache/ something idk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 16:35

shindubu wrote:
Lulku wrote:
shindubu wrote:
Tarac wrote:

Sims City Living sometimes lag, someone experience it too? I have a pretty good CPU specs (8GB ram, icore5, Nvidia GTX 1050, 1TB) but still experiencing lag?

I don't have mods too. It's frustrating, there's no lag at first but when you played it for hours you'll notice that it start lagging. Especially when you have big lot and too many decors. It's like playing Sims 3 Island Paradise (I removed that EP). Btw, my graphics set to ultra by default. Should I lower it?
 Lowering mine didn't help. Does yours lag all of the time or is it just occasionally when you move the camera?
Occasional. Only when switching from live mode to buy/build mode. Then when too many sims in the lot (like partying) I can play GTA V w/out any issue but Sims 4 lags. Btw, I don't have problems in the base game and other 2 EP it just occurs in san myshuno. Will try to search how to fix it maybe I just need to remove cache/ something idk.

This game is RAM intensive you might as well increase it to 8GB and try use the 64bit .exe version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 18:08

Ask to Move In is an instant crash in City Living.
Whole thing is definetly a bit unstable. (Time/Fast-Forward) But very happy to finally have it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 21:53

Can someone help me please? I wanted to install city living, so I did everything what was in the instalation guide. but when I'm trying to start the sims 4 I get the error; unable to start: Origin is currently not running. please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4. I put of my virus scanner and went offline on Origin. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. 
Sorry for my bad english by the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 22:00

m31k3 wrote:Can someone help me please? I wanted to install city living, so I did everything what was in the instalation guide. but when I'm trying to start the sims 4 I get the error; unable to start: Origin is currently not running. please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4. I put of my virus scanner and went offline on Origin. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. 
Where did you download the torrent from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 22:01

YariMedici wrote:
m31k3 wrote:Can someone help me please? I wanted to install city living, so I did everything what was in the instalation guide. but when I'm trying to start the sims 4 I get the error; unable to start: Origin is currently not running. please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4. I put of my virus scanner and went offline on Origin. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. 
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 26 Dec 2016, 22:08

m31k3 wrote:
YariMedici wrote:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

Welcome to the forum.
You will find some topics on that subject here, but if those don't help, please open a topic in the "The Sims 4 downloads support" section right here on the forum. If you're having trouble with some of the instructions, there are people here (including myself) who can translate to Dutch if needed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 23:24

storeguy wrote:
shindubu wrote:
Lulku wrote:
shindubu wrote:
Tarac wrote:

This game is RAM intensive you might as well increase it to 8GB and try use the 64bit .exe version.
I already have 16 GB so I doubt that's the reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 23:27

shindubu wrote:
Lulku wrote:
shindubu wrote:
Tarac wrote:

I tried all of that too, nothing seems to help it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 23:57

When i updated my Origin version (legit) of sims 4 CL to 1.24 or maybe was 1.25. i think i skipped 1.24 but anyways... when i updated i began also experiencing lagging. screen freezing for a few seconds at a time. so unless its mod related which im not sure of, this was the legit game so its not crack related. 

i have since done a wipe and reload of my pc for other reasons. i now have 2 seperate windows 10 installations on dualboot on my pc. one for legit game and one for not. but im still using my old sims 4 folder on both versions. i dont seem to have the lag much anymore. but i'm not sure how to pinpoint what caused it. all i can say is its likely not crack related.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 04:36

I've noticed that as soon as I try to fast-forward in game, I will start getting lag until I restart, It is happening to me only in San Mysuno. but the game is great and I love having it. The lag does not bug me as much though, I've dealt with worse lag when I had MC Commander installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 19:41

cows5evah wrote:I've noticed that as soon as I try to fast-forward in game, I will start getting lag until I restart, It is happening to me only in San Mysuno. but the game is great and I love having it. The lag does not bug me as much though, I've dealt with worse lag when I had MC Commander installed.
so is it the mc commander causing it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 19:43

In my personal experience, the only time Mc commander causes a lag is when it makes NPCs marry, move in or start a pregnancy. All of which can be turned off, how much I know. And it only happens once per week and you can decide which day it happens. When it happens, it's best to play a household with a small lot and not many objects on it, and it also helps that click M so that you travel to another place. That always speeds up the time of the game lagging or freezing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:54

Have you tried going offline on Origin and making a backup of the Tray folder, leaving the other one empty? These kinds of lag are caused by them since City Living was released, not sure...
I'm also experiencing some lag, other times my Sims stand there doing nothing after an action (peeing, eating, anything related to needs) and Simulation Lag Fix doesn't even help. I had a worse lagging before, but it was (maybe) because I had the No Culling mod and I ended up removing it WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 16:28

I got rid of a lot of lagging when I followed this guide and deleted some files from the cache map and a few other things
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php

Also it helps to get rid of some CC content. I at one point had over 300 CC creations in my tray folder, after I got rid of 80 or so of them, I could see an improvement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 15:08

I got rid of all the lagging now. Turns out that if you set the alien abduction rates with MC Commander on alien invasion, as well as allow NPCs to be abducted, you risk that the sims simply freeze and aren't able to do anything for a few hours. Now that I lowered the abduction rates, the lagging and freezing completely stopped. 

I am also thankful that I backed up my game. I accidentaly turned off the bypass culling with MC Commander and 2/3 of the NPCs got deleted. Yeah how about no, I have no interest in a game, where townies just appear and vanish after a few days. So I fixed this and I'll redo my progress from the last 4 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:57

Cat_Eye wrote:I got rid of all the lagging now. Turns out that if you set the alien abduction rates with MC Commander on alien invasion, as well as allow NPCs to be abducted, you risk that the sims simply freeze and aren't able to do anything for a few hours. Now that I lowered the abduction rates, the lagging and freezing completely stopped.

Very interesting...thanks for sharing this!

One would assume that since the game doesn't have much meaningful content, and since it was designed to run on lower-end hardware...that the "processing power" needed for running the game wouldn't be that big.

Aliens abduct a handful of NPC sims in tiny villages neighborhoods. So what? One might assume it wouldn't make much of an impact, but yet it does...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jan 2017, 18:28

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Cat_Eye wrote:I got rid of all the lagging now. Turns out that if you set the alien abduction rates with MC Commander on alien invasion, as well as allow NPCs to be abducted, you risk that the sims simply freeze and aren't able to do anything for a few hours. Now that I lowered the abduction rates, the lagging and freezing completely stopped.

Very interesting...thanks for sharing this!

One would assume that since the game doesn't have much meaningful content, and since it was designed to run on lower-end hardware...that the "processing power" needed for running the game wouldn't be that big.

Aliens abduct a handful of NPC sims in tiny villages neighborhoods. So what? One might assume it wouldn't make much of an impact, but yet it does...
It's not just the abductions. During the night the game runs through all sims that are in the world and decides what it will do with them(ads relationships, makes scheduled events, generates new sims, pregnant sims normally give birth)  I also have a lot of sims in my world, since I have culling turned off and I don't delete ghosts. So I suspect that all of this things together cause a snowball effect which results in the lag/freezing.
I do admit that I took my abduction settings a little bit too far: Started abductions at 8 PM, alien invasion, abducting NPCs, 1 hour cooling off period between the abductions,... 
Also I lowered the chance of NPCs getting pregnant, since that also causes a lag. YOu can set it from - 100 to 100. Right now I have -90.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2017, 17:58

I'm my experience if your using XP or Vista it's going to say in such words please run game as Adminstrator and make sure Origin isn't running, I somewhat got pass that by installing origin, logging on, then click menu and go offline while Origin is still open then run the cracked version.

Anyway, I really enjoying CL, the long wait was worth it, I actually brought the base game, and was planning on buy a EP,SP,GP, each week because I thought I'll be waiting forever, then I'm wondering, now what i am i suppose to do with purchased Base Game.

Turns out, just the BAse Game is useful, it's let's you access the Library, you can download anything to your Tray folder regardless of what EP/SP/GP you own, and just move files out your purchased game save tray to your crack saved game tray, and wow there is some amazing creations in there, althought theres also a heap of crap, but looking in the right places, you can find anything for the correct size lot, I filled up Newcrest beautifully, I know buying everything is way too expensive and overpriced, but just buy the Base Game, your supporting the developers, and combining it with your 2 copies, you got everything!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jan 2017, 22:34

GateSpider333 wrote:I'm my experience if your using XP or Vista it's going to say in such words please run game as Adminstrator and make sure Origin isn't running, I somewhat got pass that by installing origin, logging on, then click menu and go offline while Origin is still open then run the cracked version.

Anyway, I really enjoying CL, the long wait was worth it, I actually brought the base game, and was planning on buy a EP,SP,GP, each week because I thought I'll be waiting forever, then I'm wondering, now what i am i suppose to do with purchased Base Game.

Turns out, just the BAse Game is useful, it's let's you access the Library, you can download anything to your Tray folder regardless of what EP/SP/GP you own, and just move files out your purchased game save tray to your crack saved game tray, and wow there is some amazing creations in there, althought theres also a heap of crap, but looking in the right places, you can find anything for the correct size lot, I filled up Newcrest beautifully, I know buying everything is way too expensive and overpriced, but just buy the Base Game, your supporting the developers, and combining it with your 2 copies, you got everything!

Basegame itself is overpriced as well on Origin. € 60 is way too much for what you get. I paid even less for the collector's edition of the sims 3 when it got released and which has more to offer.
At stores and at certain sites you pay less for ts4 though. Gamekeys4all is such a place where you can get it cheaper.
Library is the ts4 version of the exchange from previous sims games.  I grabbed some communitylots and houses from MTS myself and also from Blacky's Sims Zoo. In that case i'm sure that i don't end up with faulty cc that is included, to which is the case at the library. Next to that i can also build it myself. 
Saying to buy the basegame for supporting the developers here is a thing you better didn't have to say. You're here on a place where they have a pirated version and where people don't bother to support EA.

As for the lag; if you use simmythesim's script called simulation lag fix, then lag will be reduced. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=585420
And as stated before; cleaning the cache can help as well. There is also a tool called mod conflict detector, which seems to be ts4 version of delphy's dashboard.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=561550
Conflicting cc can cause problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 23:11

Hey, is it normall that I got the notification about Jasmine Holiday for Valentines? 
She actually showed up when I called her. 
Also I found out that she is killable. Didn't expect that, some townies from City living can't be killed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Feb 2017, 01:48

I dream that one day blue dragon and the kingdom hearts games will come out for PC. 

Oh... that and that the Sims 5 wont suck.

Happy Valentines day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Feb 2017, 03:05

Its weird seeing the city living discussion on the recents since we found out about toddlers/vampires. 

City living is bringing it back   Happy B-day! Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Unesty Wed 15 Feb 2017, 19:55

Just a nice garden at the top of a building 

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 5 U7VQMoY

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 5 VR5u1K5

And a selfie from the Romance Festival

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 5 IqeEAy1
Unesty
Unesty
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2017, 06:26

is there a new update? i have stopped playing this game for 3 months now. im lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top