Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Dec 2016, 02:48

First topic message reminder :

Mod edit: please keep in mind that this thread is meant for general discussion in the first place. If you need any help with technical or download-related problems, please open a new topic in The Sims 4 Downloads Support. In case of more in-game related problems, feel free to open a new topic in The Sims 4 in-game Support. Thank you!

- The_gh0stm4n

sayiraester wrote:How do I get the gallery to work if origin cannot run in the background? Also when I click on the gallery image it just says "my library"

You have to have a legal base game of The Sims 4 on Origin, and use that one to access the gallery and download stuff. You can then transfer the items (saved into the "Tray"-folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), to your pirated game. See for example the discussion here to learn more about the issue:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 04:55; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 11:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Our opinion (and official stance) is, torrents have more advantages, than they have disadvantages. Should torrenting not be an option for you, you may be able to find an alternative download from another source, in the form of a direct download. Smile
 I know and there's the advantage of pausing and restarting a download without damaging files, so I'll try to be patient. Eventually it'll download completely, and I'll try to seed as much as I (and my connection) can.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 11:45

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
AMAZZ18 wrote:For instance I would prefer one direct download because you know from the start what your download speed is and for me at least it works better, 

If lots of people download at once (as is the case with brand-new stuff) from MEGA, MediaFire, GoogleDrive or the like, speeds aren't going to be that great either. And chances are then, downloads are going to be interrupted. Which in turn will mean you may have to start from scratch with downloading.

About the "working better", it may also be possible that your router ports are not configured properly, which can also hamper 'performance' of torrent clients. Or maybe your ISP is otherwise interfering to throttle or even block p2p-filesharing. In this sense, using direct downloads could indeed be better.

Our opinion (and official stance) is, torrents have more advantages, than they have disadvantages. Should torrenting not be an option for you, you may be able to find an alternative download from another source, in the form of a direct download. Smile

Edit: I can't mention specific examples for alternative direct download-releases, but googling may help you here.

It'll be a bit hard to find any trusting people who provides alternate downloads, G4TW having that option was a big reason I joined as I didn't have to bug my siblings to Sims 4 updates.

But if anyone knows anyone trust worthy with alt links to download sims 4 updates, I'd appreciate the PM's (I do not want to download the base game all over again so please, if there's any other sites out there that does it update style.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 12:41

peachhex wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
peachhex wrote:I tried to start the game but I keep getting the "Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4" I don't have origin installed. I have the G4TW ultimate fix + G4TW city living torrent downloaded. I've never gotten this error prior to installing city living. Has there been a solution for this error yet?

Hello and sorry to hear about that,

This is a common error, caused mostly by anti-virus programs and firewall issues. Please see the included .txt guide that comes along in the .rar download. You'll find a notice/disclaimer about anti-virus issues there with some helpful links.

Also make sure to move your install folder "The Sims 4" to either C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86). The game is working fine for me.

If you need more advice still, feel free to have a look either at existing threads, or open a new topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f43-the-sims-4-downloads-support-pc
Thank you so much!!!  Smile Yess, aye lieeke!

Placing it in the C:\ Program files (x86) fixed the problem for me!
Hello, unfortunately I moved the folder but I have again the origin error. I moved the "the Sims 4 City living" folder since I download the first torrent (not the G4TW one). I would appreciate any help! Thanxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 13:05

chara_kal wrote:
peachhex wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
peachhex wrote:I tried to start the game but I keep getting the "Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4" I don't have origin installed. I have the G4TW ultimate fix + G4TW city living torrent downloaded. I've never gotten this error prior to installing city living. Has there been a solution for this error yet?

This is a common error, caused mostly by anti-virus programs and firewall issues. Please see the included .txt guide that comes along in the .rar download. You'll find a notice/disclaimer about anti-virus issues there with some helpful links.

Also make sure to move your install folder "The Sims 4" to either C:\Program files or C:\Program files (x86). The game is working fine for me.

If you need more advice still, feel free to have a look either at existing threads, or open a new topic here:

Hello, unfortunately I moved the folder but I have again the origin error. I moved the "the Sims 4 City living" folder since I download the first torrent (not the G4TW one). I would appreciate any help! Thanxxx
This worked for me, first of all I reinstalled the game to my C: Drive Program Files (x86) instead of installing it on my D: Drive, and then just copy the crack in if you haven't already.
I also added the Firewall blocks but I'm not entirely sure if they're necessary. But what worked for me for some reason is opening the game using TS4.exe, not the shortcut that goes to TS4_x64.exe, even though I have a 64 bit computer, that .exe would constantly give me an error. If this still doesn't work than I recommend trying it again but reinstalling the game without any anti-virus software on at the time of installation, also make sure to install all the extra redistributables even though you may already have them, repairing them during installation can maybe fix your issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 13:27

Ugh, my game won't even load Sad I'm going to reinstall everything, let's see what happens...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 13:31

cows5evah wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
AMAZZ18 wrote:For instance I would prefer one direct download because you know from the start what your download speed is and for me at least it works better, 

If lots of people download at once (as is the case with brand-new stuff) from MEGA, MediaFire, GoogleDrive or the like, speeds aren't going to be that great either. And chances are then, downloads are going to be interrupted. Which in turn will mean you may have to start from scratch with downloading.

About the "working better", it may also be possible that your router ports are not configured properly, which can also hamper 'performance' of torrent clients. Or maybe your ISP is otherwise interfering to throttle or even block p2p-filesharing. In this sense, using direct downloads could indeed be better.

Our opinion (and official stance) is, torrents have more advantages, than they have disadvantages. Should torrenting not be an option for you, you may be able to find an alternative download from another source, in the form of a direct download. Smile

Edit: I can't mention specific examples for alternative direct download-releases, but googling may help you here.

It'll be a bit hard to find any trusting people who provides alternate downloads, G4TW having that option was a big reason I joined as I didn't have to bug my siblings to Sims 4 updates.

But if anyone knows anyone trust worthy with alt links to download sims 4 updates, I'd appreciate the PM's (I do not want to download the base game all over again so please, if there's any other sites out there that does it update style.)
Maybe if you ask your brothers, they can help you by showing how to torrent yourself? Smile That way you don't have to ask them the next time there's an update and you don't have to feel that you are bugging them Smile

Happy holidays everyone~! rendeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 13:47

hydxra wrote:
chara_kal wrote:
peachhex wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

This worked for me, first of all I reinstalled the game to my C: Drive Program Files (x86) instead of installing it on my D: Drive, and then just copy the crack in if you haven't already.
I also added the Firewall blocks but I'm not entirely sure if they're necessary. But what worked for me for some reason is opening the game using TS4.exe, not the shortcut that goes to TS4_x64.exe, even though I have a 64 bit computer, that .exe would constantly give me an error. If this still doesn't work than I recommend trying it again but reinstalling the game without any anti-virus software on at the time of installation, also make sure to install all the extra redistributables even though you may already have them, repairing them during installation can maybe fix your issue.
Thanx for the quick reply! I did all that but still nothing.. I may did something wrong with the installation brcause I didn't see any crack folder. I mounted the .iso file and then I proceded with the set up. That's all I've done. Does this need a crack? and if it does where can I find it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 14:04

chara_kal wrote:
hydxra wrote:
chara_kal wrote:
peachhex wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Thanx for the quick reply! I did all that but still nothing.. I may did something wrong with the installation brcause I didn't see any crack folder. I mounted the .iso file and then I proceded with the set up. That's all I've done. Does this need a crack? and if it does where can I find it?
Have you tried extracting the .iso? Sometimes, if I mount the .iso, I don't know why but im not able to see the crack folder. If i extract the .iso I can see it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 14:55

I've done everything but my game is still version 1.20 ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 14:59

puppaaa wrote:I've done everything but my game is still version 1.20 ...
re install the base game and everything and add all the expansion packs by order of get to work,get together ,city living and then the ultimate fix and see if that fixes the problem @Puppaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 15:35

adamzaid wrote:
puppaaa wrote:I've done everything but my game is still version 1.20 ...
re install the base game and everything and add all the expansion packs by order of get to work,get together ,city living and then the ultimate fix and see if that fixes the problem @Puppaaa
Do we still need an ultimate fix after installation of City Living ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 16:00

Is skidrow version working without any problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 16:35

OMG! Finally! I've been waiting this for days. Thank you so much for sharing this game to us! ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:01

can someone help me i have no clue as to why my lots wont load Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:16

lamsimmer wrote:can someone help me i have no clue as to why my lots wont load Sad
as an independant lady i was able to fix my own issues, since this forum is obviously male based and hate women. Any females struggling please delete the folder in your documents for ts4 and move the saves, mods, tray and option.ini folders/files to a safe place. and start the game then put back the folders after the game is started again 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:23

Here's an issue I had with the new game, which I now solved.
In case anyone is using Zerbu's mods, make sure that you update them and don't put them in your Mods file at one, but try each one out first.
I use a few of his mods and somehow they caused these two glitches:
- If a sim was about to die, they turned into an urn without any dying animation, grim reaper, mourning sims nearby,....
- If a sim was so exhausted that they would pass out, they couldn't pass out and remained just tired, even when the time runned out.

I think that the one which caused this was the career outfit mod. How that one was connected to sims dying or passing out is beyond me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:30

lamsimmer wrote:
lamsimmer wrote:can someone help me i have no clue as to why my lots wont load Sad
as an independant lady i was able to fix my own issues, since this forum is obviously male based and hate women. Any females struggling please delete the folder in your documents for ts4 and move the saves, mods, tray and option.ini folders/files to a safe place. and start the game then put back the folders after the game is started again 
You must be really fun at parties

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:30

I'm confused, are G4TW only making torrents from now on? if so where can I find their torrents now?

and also, is there (or is there going to be) a smaller torrent for the new City Living expansion? My internet is really slow unfortunately and it would be great to have a smaller torrent with just City Living, Vintage Stuff & patch updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:42

shams wrote:Hey guys, can somoene please help me? 
I think the anti-virus deleted the thing when I was sleeping now I can't install the game. how can I get the file " setup-1.bin " without redownloading the whole game?

Open up your torrent program.. right click on your city living download and select "force recheck" or similar labeled option depending on the torrent client you use. this will scan your downloaded files for the game and make sure they match and the torrent is complete. if it comes back as incomplete it will automatically download the missing files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:54

happyseal wrote:I'm confused, are G4TW only making torrents from now on? if so where can I find their torrents now?

and also, is there (or is there going to be) a smaller torrent for the new City Living expansion? My internet is really slow unfortunately and it would be great to have a smaller torrent with just City Living, Vintage Stuff & patch updates.
I have made one based on the assumption that people have already everything up to and incl. Dine Out.
So, City Living, Backyard and Glamour only and I still come to 5.97 GB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 17:57

ynktarik wrote:Is skidrow version working without any problem?
It works pretty good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 18:01

Tarac wrote:
happyseal wrote:I'm confused, are G4TW only making torrents from now on? if so where can I find their torrents now?

I have made one based on the assumption that people have already everything up to and incl. Dine Out.

Awesome! Could you pm me the torrent?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion part II. - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4 City Living Origin not running Error

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 18:13

Now that City living is out I've been wondering why I get this origin error it says

Unable to start:

Origin is not currently running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4

(Error Code).

I don't know why I am getting this error before my game worked perfectly and I even tried running in administrator also my Sims 4 is on my anti virus exception list so I don't know why I keep getting this error I already have the expansions and ultimate fix please help.

Why God. I'm new here. Help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 23 Dec 2016, 18:16

We have always specialized in torrents actually. You can find them here.

Tarac wrote:(...)

Which is one of the main reasons I actually didn't compile an "Ultimate fix" this time around! It would appear in WinMerge that for some strange reason the newest items (City Living, Backyard, Vintage Glamour) cannot easily be separated from the stuff in the Ultimate fix (Dine Out, Kids Room, Kitchen Stuff, Romantic Garden). I got down to 5.5GB uncompressed in my experimental "Ultimate fix part II", which will not be released. In terms of filesize it almost doesn't make sense to provide two separate releases, so I thought we might just stick with that main "City Living" torrent, which is 6GB in size (compressed).

lamsimmer wrote:as an independant lady i was able to fix my own issues, since this forum is obviously male based and hate women. Any females struggling please delete the folder in your documents for ts4 and move the saves, mods, tray and option.ini folders/files to a safe place. and start the game then put back the folders after the game is started again 

Sorry to hear that,

As an independent person I am sure you have taken notice of the Forum rules (they show up during registration on the Forum here, you know). And you surely have independently verified rule #1, which states that after 24 hours of posting the initial question, you may contact a Staff member through PM. 24 hours, not 15 minutes as in your case, mind you.

And I am also inclined to believe you have independently taken notice of Forum rules #2 or #3 as well.

In case not? Well, there is still the bold red message at the beginning of the opening post here. Or, you could have also taken notice of our actual support sections on The Sims 4. Posting there can make your concern more noticeable, than posting in an overcrowded single thread like this here!
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f45-the-sims-4-in-game-support

Or at the very least you could acknowledge the fact that the Staff members cannot be online 24/7.

I know, I know. You will now try and come up with an excuse along the lines of "I only meant my post sarcastically/humorously/ironically/et cetera. And I have to admit, I have no patience for this kind of humor or "wittiness". So you either contribute to this Forum in a neutral manner or not at all, is that understood?

---> that's for you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 18:51

Nyan Cat!! Omg! I don't care if it wasn't meant for me, I'm gonna crank up the NYAN all day long! Hammertime Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 19:04

@theghostman i'd quote it but then it would be huge and since you obviously are a moderator you'll see this.
so by me adding humor to a post it's an excuse? tragic.
I'm well aware they can't all be online at the same time I added the gag/joke just to say "oh well I found it so if any of yall are struggling here's what helped me"
Tbh I didn't read the rules I'll be straight up and say that, so I'm sorry that I reposted the question twice, I just assumed that they didn't have a solution and since some people usually just skip to the last page on the forum or so i thought i would re-ask so those who skipped to the last page might see and be able to help.
my English is poor sorry for that but nonetheless it's my fault for joking around and not reading the forum rules i apologize.
BUT DAMN GINA YOU DIDNT HAVE TO BE SO HARSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2016, 19:06

lamsimmer wrote:
Wow, I'm a woman too and I have helped and been a helped a few times on here.

1. Maybe no one knew the answer to the question.
2. There is a post a page or 2 back that says "please make new threads about problems you are having"
3. This thread is pretty busy.
4, Your font is terrible to read (another reason it may have been missed)
5. It won't kill you to work things out for yourself like you have already done.
6. Stop being a feminazi. It's annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top